THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 10:30 AM
Senior Chief

Agreed, gotten 2nd to a cheating bastard several times, guys at one track in tech don't know crap and the guy never gets caught, it's getting very old.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Smokey Yunick said he never broke any of NASCARS rules, he would work in an area that wasn't covered by rules until they found out his innovations and re-wrote the rules to cover that innovation. He then would never breach that rule, he just moved on to another area that wasn't considered in the present rules.

Knaus knew in the conversation with JJ before the race he was outside of the template rule, and he instructed him to mess up the sheet metal after the race so he wouldn't be caught. These 2 examples are not the same and the intent is different.

In my book cheating with a car that won't match templates is also poor sportsmanship............................

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Last edited by Sirrotica; 02-13-2014 at 10:47 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2014, 11:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
Smokey Yunick said he never broke any of NASCARS rules, he would work in an area that wasn't covered by rules until they found out his innovations and re-wrote the rules to cover that innovation. He then would never breach that rule, he just moved on to another area that wasn't considered in the present rules.

Knaus knew in the conversation with JJ before the race he was outside of the template rule, and he instructed him to mess up the sheet metal after the race so he wouldn't be caught. These 2 examples are not the same and the intent is different.

In my book cheating with a car that won't match templates is also poor sportsmanship............................
That's bull and you know it. The car passed inspection at nascar's R&D center, the template prior to qualifying & during the prerace tech. Do they use a different template after the race??? The same car was used in the Spring Talledega race and went back-and-forth to the R&D center then too! There's a huge difference between cheating out right on rules that are in the book and having a car bumped drafted out of tolerances.

Anyone that lies about the facts to prove their point doesn't have the right attitude in their life.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 02-13-2014, 11:48 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbob View Post
Just start rumor John Force will hire her to drive for him $$$$
Excellent!

Johns' been distracted and worried about losing both FORD and Castrol sponsorships next year; so perhaps one of his "Plan B's" is to bring her on for "Your-Daddy" sponsorship and the added media hype.

Problem is gonna be how Force squares that with the daughters, wife and "actual winning races and championships" crews!

Disention among the ranks perhaps?

Old 02-13-2014, 12:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
That's bull and you know it. The car passed inspection at nascar's R&D center, the template prior to qualifying & during the prerace tech. Do they use a different template after the race??? The same car was used in the Spring Talledega race and went back-and-forth to the R&D center then too! There's a huge difference between cheating out right on rules that are in the book and having a car bumped drafted out of tolerances.

Anyone that lies about the facts to prove their point doesn't have the right attitude in their life.
I'm not lying, the same car was raced and won the previous Talladega race and fit the templates after the race so if it was undamaged why on God's earth wouldn't it fit again? Maybe it was something else that he had cheated on in the rear of the car and not the exterior sheetmetal. Whatever it was he wanted the rear of the car damaged so that whatever he did, wasn't apparent.

The cars that have to be teched 3-4 times by NASCAR before an event are the ones that I know are trying to slip cars by tech and even if they are cheating in one area they can use an alternate obvious area to draw attention away from another area they will try it. Most times Hendrick cars are the ones that fail tech inspection multiple times in one race, I find it funny that many teams go thru tech once, time after time.

Knaus has never taken responsibility when found cheating and it's been a multitude of times he's been caught. If you buy into his lie about bump drafting and changing the shape of the car is the reason, that's fine. The same exact car had won Talladega previously and succumbed to no damage and fit the template post race so why wouldn't it fit this time? He was trying to cover something up, it may not have been the exterior metal, there is no reasonable explanation for a crew chief to tell the driver to intentionally inflict damage on a car post race if he's not trying to hide something.

The nickname that the other teams have for Knaus, "Cheatin Chad" wasn't given to him, he earned it fair and square.

1984 Grand Prix

Old 02-13-2014, 12:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Your argument is pure speculation not based in fact. You lose!

Old 02-13-2014, 12:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Your argument is based on Chad's lies.
You lose, and so do the teams competing against the 48 car. As well as the fans and sponsors.

The FACT is he cheats, been caught many times and never owned up. He didn't have an epiphany and swear off cheating and when asked about his reputation as a cheater, he has no conscience about it, nor being a liar.

1984 Grand Prix

Old 02-13-2014, 05:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Your argument is based on Chad's lies.
You lose, and so do the teams competing against the 48 car. As well as the fans and sponsors.
Really? The example you chose to prove your point is documented in the teams favor! It's public knowledge that he was teched, just like every other team, before qualifying and before the race, just like every other team. He passed, end of story.

You said yourself that you got teched all the time because they thought you were cheating - pot calling the kettle black? Even though you passed, does that still mean you cheated?

I'm not a fan of theirs nor do I race roundy-round, but if you want to trash them, pick a better argument, that ones been burnt to a crisp.

Old 02-13-2014, 08:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Upon pointing the fact out to the track owner that the tires were a half inch over the 7 inch maximum allowed, he agreed with me they were oversize. Having taken second place I asked him what he was going to do about it, the reply, "I'll tell him by next week he had better have the right tires on his car".
Back in '03 when we won the Street Stock Track Championship (after missing the first 3 races of the season) - we had a "Golden Year". Our worst finish (heat or feature) for the whole season was a 5th place. We started the year about 150 points down, but with all those heat and feature top 5's we quickly climbed the points ladder. We were trailing a guy that hadn't missed a single race with 2 weeks to go in the season - but it was going to be tough to catch him.

He had been caught in post race tech multiple times with an illegal wheelbase. Everytime he was instructed to have it fixed by the next week. The week before the season championship race, he was busted again for an illegal wheelbase and they DQ'd him - FINALLY!

Karma....

Here's the hood off our Track Championship winning car:

Old 02-13-2014, 08:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Really? The example you chose to prove your point is documented in the teams favor! It's public knowledge that he was teched, just like every other team, before qualifying and before the race, just like every other team. He passed, end of story.
If it was legal before the race, why did Chad want him to wreck it? Just because it was legal before doesn't mean that something wasn't changed during the race (i.e. - pulling on the fenders or the spoiler to alter the aero package). Chad knew something had changed - and didn't want to get caught red handed.

Quote:
You said yourself that you got teched all the time because they thought you were cheating - pot calling the kettle black? Even though you passed, does that still mean you cheated?
Post race tech is a standard procedure at most tracks. Doesn't matter if you're known as the most honest racer to have ever run there. Our track championship car was teched every single week in the summer of '03. Why? Because every car in the top 5 at that track was automatically teched. Sometimes they checked wheelbase, sometimes they checked the carbs.... It really sucked when they wanted to pump the engine to check compression (pulling valve covers and spark plugs on a just raced engine isn't a fun thing to do in the dark). We NEVER had an illegal part or modification to our car. To be honest, we were too dumb to cheat. But we didn't want to anyway.

[quoute]I'm not a fan of theirs nor do I race roundy-round, but if you want to trash them, pick a better argument, that ones been burnt to a crisp.[/QUOTE]

I think your argument is the one that is burnt...

Old 02-13-2014, 09:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was checked because I always won, (13 first places in 2 years of racing) my car was always legal because I built it that way.
I did have one really good advantage though, I was racing a Pontiac with all factory parts that were legal for a 67 GTO. That, and a bunch of hard work kept me winning and because I beat the competition regularly they thought I was cheating.

To stop the 3 teams that kept complaining each week about it I told them to each get $10 together totaling $30 for gaskets, and give it to the pit steward to hold. I'd pull a head off my car following the races and they could crawl over the the entire car, measure anything they wanted to until they were sure my car was legal. If they found one thing wrong they got their money back. If it was all legal I got the $30 for gaskets. No one took me up on the offer, and it was the last time I got teched. I thought they'd make me tear it down because of all the bitching they did, put up or shut up. No one would make an offer like that if they were illegal.

Your grasping at straws here to try to deflect the focus from your weak argument for Knaus. Knaus has no integrity and doesn't care. I on the other hand do care and have integrity. Your defense of Knaus is pretty lame for someone that major interest is drag racing and admittedly knows little about circle track racing. Knaus and JJ are two reasons that people are tired of seeing them win and it's hurting the whole sport of NASCAR. There are other reasons beside those 2, but they are a major reason some fans have cut back or quit watching.

1984 Grand Prix

Old 02-13-2014, 09:42 PM
Senior Chief

Post Taking it like a woMAN.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nascar-...9--nascar.html

Old 02-14-2014, 05:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

"hee hee....I just pee'd in my race suit"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Danica.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	352979  

Old 02-14-2014, 07:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

''Stock cars are not my background,'' she (Danica) said. ''I've done two full years. One in Nationwide. One in Cup. I still feel like I'm figuring stock cars out, and will for a long time.''

She's run 109 NASCAR sanctioned races over the last 4 years.

In 7 years of racing Indy Cars - she only competed in 115 races. So by April she will have more seat time in NASCAR than she's had driving Indy Cars.

What's the problem Danica???

Old 02-14-2014, 09:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Anal fixations

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Old 02-14-2014, 09:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS circutguy View Post
Anal fixations
I'm not interested in Danica's sex life...

Old 02-14-2014, 11:02 AM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
I'm not interested in Danica's sex life...

Old 02-14-2014, 11:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You wish.lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Old 02-14-2014, 02:28 PM
Suspended

Arrow Serious fem competition from IndyCar series to F1 team ride

This just in from F1! Another rising female driving star...
for comparison lets see how she does in comparison to TTP Dani:

De Silvestro joins Sauber as affiliated driver14 Feb 2014

IndyCar star Simona De Silvestro is targeting a Formula One race seat in 2015 after joining Sauber as an affiliated driver.

The 25-year-old Swiss will undergo an F1 preparation programme with the team, including on-track testing, simulator work, as well as mental and physical training, with the goal of gaining the FIA Super Licence required for F1 competition.

“This is a major step towards me achieving a life-long dream and I’m so happy to have the opportunity to take this step with such a great team,” said De Silvestro. “The Sauber F1 Team is a team with a legacy and the only Swiss team in Formula One, which I think makes this even more exciting.”

De Silvestro left her home country for the United States when she was just 18 to drive in the 2006 Formula BMW USA series and then the Atlantic Championship from 2007 to 2009. She has spent the past four years driving in the IndyCar Series, winning the prestigious Indy 500 ‘Rookie of the Year’ Award in 2010 and becoming the first woman to earn an IndyCar podium finish on a street circuit.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...4/2/15475.html

Old 02-14-2014, 02:44 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidponcho View Post
"hee hee....I just pee'd in my race suit"
That was funny, glad you posted this as her having the body of a 12 year old boy can now be set aside !!!

Gregg

Closed Thread