THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 09:52 PM
Suspended

Honestly, that's inspiring! When you know people like that (as I have) it casts a dramatic contrast on those who are using the system.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonchoV8 View Post
You have guessed correctly that I'm not impressed with the testimony, and we know each other well enough that I can tell you that. What conspiracy sights? You're just making up garbage as usual to distract. Nothing is stopping you from working now, except you.

My bil has all BUT 3 vertebrae completely fused by his own body as it painfully attacks his spine's cartilage. This is a very painful process and he's permanently bent into a letter J shape staring at the ground now. His hip is bad. His knee is bad, and both are getting worse. This painful process of his body overtaking his joints to fuse them continues until his death. As a result, he is diagnosed as "profoundly depressed". And through it all he worked full time until about 2008-09 after his back had fused together. Now he works as a volunteer teaching the elderly little classes like Spanish.

Steven Hawking is completely trapped inside his body, unable to move more than an eye or eyelid or jaw, can't speak and still contributes to our society in an abnormally profound manner, especially for his condition.

So, again, what is so magical about your condition that prevents you from doing anything while Stephen Hawking still has a job? Is it your assertion that there is no work that you can do?

To answer your question (something which you aren't doing for me) Everybody knows cops generally don't get traffic tickets, food critics don't pay for meals and those in the nursing field have connections to get help for the favors they desire. Your wife gave testimony in your case huh? That sounds pretty handy when it comes to medical conditions and terms to use in the testimony. Nobody is questioning your bad back and conditions. So why are you expecting people to believe there is no job you can do in light of those in worse conditions still doing work? Especially considering that you stated you drove a moving van from where was it, Connecticut to Fla? Indiana to Fla? You walked all over graveyards for 3 yrs doing your personal interests. You drove over 4 hours round trip to pick an 800 lb desk up and you are able to stalk me in my own neighborhood on your way from Fla to Indiana (9-10 hrs drive?) and brag about it here while posting daily.

Are you sure you still want people to believe you can't do some sort of job?
You must REALLY want a vacation. CH subjects STAY in the CH.....capische?
WHAT CONNECTIONS? Her contacts at CMS (Center for Medicare Services) or the many states regulating bodies where her company has facilities? Her testimony was as a WIFE, not a medical professional. Your vivid imagination is getting the better of you, AGAIN. My wife had NO CONTACT with SSA/SSDI, Dr. R. Hefner (my family doc), Dr. F. Castro (my ortho) or ANYONE associated with my claim. To be perfectly honest, she was too involved making sure the THOUSANDS of residents in her facilities were taken care of in accordance with all applicable state and federal regulations. Moreover, it is a VIOLATION of HIPPA for her to ask ANY of my docs about my condition WITHOUT my approval. No approval was requested because I guess she thought I was doing a pretty good job.
Tell you what, you THINK I'm defrauding the SSA. WHY don't you make a phone call? Please feel to quote my medical records for my restrictions. What's that? You don't have my medical records? Yes, but I DO. Please feel free to illustrate these "back room" connections. I sure she'll be glad to KNOW who they are. In all reality, what you believe is of minute concern to me. I KNOW THE TRUTH. Your illusions and allegations ARE NOT the TRUTH.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 02-27-2014, 10:37 PM
Suspended

Those are just more canards, Steve. And there aren't any secrets on PY and none of this is CH only material. You're constantly on the road back and forth from Florida and Indiana. That is info you post in the Lobby repeatedly. I'm stating that I'm a personal witness to your travels having seen you twice driving past my house on your voyages from/to Ind/Ky from/to Fla, so pairing that with the statement you made about the moving van from CT to Fla and the 800 lb desk you went after, that says quite a bit I believe.

So what is it about those two questions that has you so defensive?

Last edited by PonchoV8; 02-27-2014 at 10:46 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonchoV8 View Post
Those are just more canards, Steve. And there aren't any secrets on PY and none of this is CH only material. You're constantly on the road back and forth from Florida and Indiana. That is info you post in the Lobby repeatedly. I'm stating that I'm a personal witness to your travels having seen you twice driving past my house on your voyages from/to Ind/Ky from/to Fla, so pairing that with the statement you made about the moving van from CT to Fla and the 800 lb desk you went after, that says quite a bit I believe.

So what is it about those two questions that has you so defensive?
Well, Doug, then you're LYING. If you will consult a MAP, you'll find the most direct route to the Louisville area from the east coast of FL is through NASHVILLE, NOT KNOXVILLE. Oh, I will admit to "punking" you MANY time about "dropping by", but until DEC.29, 2013 I'd NEVER been past your house. Sorry to reveal you as a LIAR. Constantly? If once a quarter constitutes "constantly", so be it. BTW.....I can provide fuel and hotel receipts for my route of travel. Shall I post them? The ONLY reason I was in Knoxville on Dec. 29, 2013 is I had to drop Sandy @ McGhee Tyson to catch a flight back here. Curiosity got the better of me.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 02-28-2014, 07:26 AM
Suspended

Thumbs down

As usual you resort to lying to try to cover up. You even claim you've been by here multiple times. I haven't forgotten your previous claims. I don't know where you go to when you drive by, but I've personally witnessed you here as well, you've admitted driving a moving van full of your stuff to Fla and admitted to driving hours to get an 800 lb desk and admitted to walking all over graveyards for 3 yrs doing your personal interest junk. But can't do anything for anyone or your family's income.

No, the only thing you can punk is the Disability system. And it's obvious why you're getting so defensive over answering two simple questions. Hope they catch up with you soon. Too bad they can't go after the previous payments made to you.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurryinhoosier62 View Post
Maybe it's my upbringing, but I LOVED to work. Nothing made me happier than going to work every day. I miss the smell of hot oil, creaking of contracting metal, the chirping of a carbide cutter slicing through iron. I miss the comradeship of my fellow workers (some of which became good friends). I know there are people that would be willing to commit fraud in order to stop working. My question is WHERE are their souls?
I wish they would just have investigators sit in a Walmart parking lot. They would see how bad the system is manipulated.

This Country isn't firm enough at enforcing things. If someone is found to be defrauding the system, there should be heavy penalties and re-imbursement of ALL payments inexcusable with bankruptcy.

IMO, There's very ,very few people that can't do anything. Most people will tell you all the things that they can't do while you're watching them do those very things. If nothing else, they should be retested every 6 months and it should also be mandatory for anyone collecting any kind of "entitlement" to be drug and alcohol tested. If they fail once, they are permanently done.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by necdb3 View Post
...it should also be mandatory for anyone collecting any kind of "entitlement" to be drug and alcohol tested. If they fail once, they are permanently done.
Good luck with that. Here in Fla the state attempted to enforce drug testing for welfare recipients. It's been struck down by Appeals Court. May go to the Supreme Court but don't hold your breath waiting for the ruling to be overturned.

No evidence to prove welfare recipients use drugs more than the general population so no compelling reason to test them.

Again I say, the focus should NOT be on the recipients. Instead you should ask why the general population should be forced by gov't to support programs that gov't should never have put in place since they enjoyed no constitutional authority to do so.

Whether it began because of Wilson's "progressive" view that the constitution must evolve or because FDR was able to coerce SCOTUS by threat to agree with his view that the "general welfare" should allow gov't to disregard any limitation otherwise placed upon it by the constitution, the founders very clearly did not intend for our Fed Gov't to have such power but they took it anyway.

Up to that point, FDR was thwarted in his tax & spend attempts. Afterwards, the Fed Gov't could not be stopped from creating a gov't welfare system consisting of the transfer of wealth by force of gov't and the creation of a massive Fed Gov't apparatus to administer the myriad "benefits" programs they now run.

So now we are left to debate whether a few scoundrels should be better policed by gov't (and whether every citizen should keep watch over their neighbors, not to offer assistance to them but to keep surveillance over them) in order to save a few pennies from a $3T budget, and to do so obviously would require even more gov't employees to oversee the program.

Think about what you are asking for. If ALL scoundrels were cut off from benefits today, the budget would still be $3T.

If ALL of us either worked for the gov't or received benefits from gov't, would this country be more or less prosperous?

That is where we are headed.

The elephant is not the number of welfare cheats. The elephant is the Fed Gov't.

Old 02-28-2014, 12:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V. View Post
Good luck with that. Here in Fla the state attempted to enforce drug testing for welfare recipients. It's been struck down by Appeals Court. May go to the Supreme Court but don't hold your breath waiting for the ruling to be overturned.

No evidence to prove welfare recipients use drugs more than the general population so no compelling reason to test them.

Again I say, the focus should NOT be on the recipients. Instead you should ask why the general population should be forced by gov't to support programs that gov't should never have put in place since they enjoyed no constitutional authority to do so.

Whether it began because of Wilson's "progressive" view that the constitution must evolve or because FDR was able to coerce SCOTUS by threat to agree with his view that the "general welfare" should allow gov't to disregard any limitation otherwise placed upon it by the constitution, the founders very clearly did not intend for our Fed Gov't to have such power but they took it anyway.

Up to that point, FDR was thwarted in his tax & spend attempts. Afterwards, the Fed Gov't could not be stopped from creating a gov't welfare system consisting of the transfer of wealth by force of gov't and the creation of a massive Fed Gov't apparatus to administer the myriad "benefits" programs they now run.

So now we are left to debate whether a few scoundrels should be better policed by gov't (and whether every citizen should keep watch over their neighbors, not to offer assistance to them but to keep surveillance over them) in order to save a few pennies from a $3T budget, and to do so obviously would require even more gov't employees to oversee the program.

Think about what you are asking for. If ALL scoundrels were cut off from benefits today, the budget would still be $3T.

If ALL of us either worked for the gov't or received benefits from gov't, would this country be more or less prosperous?

That is where we are headed.

The elephant is not the number of welfare cheats. The elephant is the Fed Gov't.
Truer words were never spoken, John. I would MUCH rather have had the money I've been forced to pay into SS since I was 17 be redirected into a PRIVATE account that I determined HOW and WHEN it was paid out.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 02-28-2014, 12:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Doug,

Since there is NO amount of evidence I could possibly download here that would EVER change your mind, Here's what YOU need to do:
Social Security Administration
8530 Kingston Pike
Knoxville, TN 37919
(866)331-9091
Hours: 9-3 M,Tu,Th,F
9-12 W

File a complaint against me. I look forward to a review of my disability status as in my condition has NOT improved since 2011. Please don't make me be like Cobrabill, waiting by the curb for law enforcement to pick me up. I'm WAITING..............

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 02-28-2014, 01:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, this has turned out nice.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 02-28-2014, 01:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72projectbird View Post
Well, this has turned out nice.
I'm calling his bluff.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 02-28-2014, 04:06 PM
Suspended

That's another of your canards. What bluff did I make? You could just answer the questions.
You'll collect multiples of what you paid in if you live a normal lifespan.

Last edited by PonchoV8; 02-28-2014 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
So the reason people collect disability, and work on the side, is because of those nasty rich people? Because wages haven't kept up with inflation?

All I can say is "wow".
The visionary Henry Ford knew that if he kept paying his workers measly wages that they couldn't afford to buy one of the cars that they helped build. Also the turnover rate in his factories was so high because of the low wages This isn't rocket science, if the average worker can't afford to buy products the economy slowly comes to a standstill.

Your Wal Marts, etc. keep trying to cut the wages or keep them the same even though the products we buy keep slowly creeping up. You put someone in a position that they can't feed their family even though they're doing the best they can maybe working 2 jobs and they're going to find a way to get more money somehow. The geniuses that keep cutting workers pay to the bone with no raises will do themselves and everyone else in, in time.

The rich need to study history and see where they're not looking at the long range future. How much money does one person need? It stays here when you die.

This is how Henry Ford made a strong middle class that could afford to buy his products and also helped him retain workers. Also note that by doubling wages that he forced other manufacturers to also raise their wages, thereby making the audience that could buy Model Ts even beyond Ford's own employees. A win win situation that current business owners just can't see for their greed. If no one can afford anything you sell, your business isn't going to survive on the 1% that can afford to buy your product.

Fleecing the poor, and middle class (what's left of it) isn't helping anyone and eventually the 1% may come to that realization. In light of Wal Marts profits continually dropping off, they seem to see that putting something back into the US economy is going to help them in the long run, along with other companies that may follow suit.

The $5-a-day Workday

After the success of the moving assembly line, Henry Ford had another transformative idea: in January 1914, he startled the world by announcing that Ford Motor Company would pay $5 a day to its workers. The pay increase would also be accompanied by a shorter workday (from nine to eight hours). While this rate didn't automatically apply to every worker, it more than doubled the average autoworker's wage.
While Henry's primary objective was to reduce worker attrition—labor turnover from monotonous assembly line work was high—newspapers from all over the world reported the story as an extraordinary gesture of goodwill.
Thousands of Workers Flock to Detroit

After Ford’s announcement, thousands of prospective workers showed up at the Ford Motor Company employment office. People surged toward Detroit from the American South and the nations of Europe. As expected, employee turnover diminished. And, by creating an eight-hour day, Ford could run three shifts instead of two, increasing productivity.
Henry Ford had reasoned that since it was now possible to build inexpensive cars in volume, more of them could be sold if employees could afford to buy them. The $5 day helped better the lot of all American workers and contributed to the emergence of the American middle class. In the process, Henry Ford had changed manufacturing forever.

The problem is the 1% is going the other way and instead of building a customer base that can afford their product, they are killing off the middle class.

All I can say is WOW, it makes sense, and it works. Proven almost 100 years ago by a visionary....................

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 02-28-2014, 06:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Brad

I don't think Henry Ford should be put on a pedestal like you are attempting to do. He had a problem with turnover and simply realized that a way to reduce turnover was to increase pay. Lower turnover leads to higher production.

Henry Ford was also one of those nasty rich people.

Henry Ford also filed bankruptcy twice while in the automotive business.

Also - as far as WalMart is concerned - I know from my daughter's personal experience that when WalMart came to town they increased her standard of living by paying her signifacantly over above MN wage. She had worked at a local super market for 2 years and the only raises she got the whole time she worked there was when the minimum wage went up.

When she turned in her notice, the store owner asked her if he matched the pay would she stay. She declined. She had several raises while working at WalMart and had better working conditions. She was provided health care that paid for the delivery of my grandson - something that she would have not had if she had stayed working at the super market while working her way through college.

She was also able to buy WalMart stock at a reduced rate through the employee purchase plan - which she cashed in years later to help with the down payment on her first new home.

Now don't get me wrong - I'm not a big fan of WalMart and don't believe everything they do is right. Just correcting some basic facts.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thank You.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:55 PM
Suspended

Walmart parasites off State welfare healthcare programs in a majority of states, just like those who defraud Disability.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Don't forget, Henry Ford had an awful lot to do with the reason unions were formed in Detroit. He was a visionary indeed but he was not known for treating his employees well.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Exactly, well known for his hatred of Jews, minorities, etc.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't think that Henry Ford raised the daily wage to $5 out of the goodness of his heart. I'm sure that he saw the economic advantage to the pay increases.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:55 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by necdb3 View Post
Don't forget, Henry Ford had an awful lot to do with the reason unions were formed in Detroit. He was a visionary indeed but he was not known for treating his employees well.
Did he actually "hate" them, or was that an exaggeration? I've never studied him. Steve, I don't need your opinion on this, unless you want to answer the questions.

Closed Thread