Old 09-20-2011, 08:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice Mike - where's that one from? Stick or auto?

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 09-20-2011, 09:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Chris I saw it at Ohio nats.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Actually, there are 4 Lucy Blue H.O. converts accounted for on Dan's registry.
3 are M-22 4 speeds and 1 automatic. This was as of 1/16/2007. Chris's babe was on Dan's registry at that time. I may even have given Dan the info but I think he already had it. The total at that time for 1972 H.O. Converts was 14 accounted for. 9 Automatics and 5 Manual 4 speeds. (Break down was 11 Sports and 3 Sport GT's)

Chris's Girl has the most options to date on a convert. The only thing they forgot was the posi rear Chris!
She may be hot but she walks with a limp. Peg Leg!
(And that is BEFORE you got to her Chris!)

Extremely RARE and very under appreciated cars for sure. These were the Judge convertibles of 1972!
The other thing that adds to the "Cool factor on these cars, as well as the desire to place GTO badging on them, is the fact that there is NO indentification on the Sports whatsoever except the Pontiac Moniker and the 455 emblems. NO LeMans or Sport badging anywhere.

Last edited by Uncle Judge; 09-20-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

WoW Boss
Why does it have so many options on the Invoice ?
Misprint ?

She is FINE !
Mighty Mighty FINE

three words of advice
locking gas cap

Old 09-20-2011, 11:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Mike, Gary, Bob...Uncle Judge...One question I have with these 455HO ram air Lemans is did they come from the factory with the "Ram Air" call outs on the hood?? Any of you guys have first hand at seeing this for sure or not? I have talked to the original owner of my HO lemans and he stated that it Did Not come with the call outs. Just checking if any of you have first hand knowledge of seeing an original or one that was documented that way.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB View Post
Mike, Gary, Bob...Uncle Judge...One question I have with these 455HO ram air Lemans is did they come from the factory with the "Ram Air" call outs on the hood?? Any of you guys have first hand at seeing this for sure or not? I have talked to the original owner of my HO lemans and he stated that it Did Not come with the call outs. Just checking if any of you have first hand knowledge of seeing an original or one that was documented that way.
Pat, My 72 is all original paint and there were NO Ram Air decals on the hood at all. The 455/455 H.O. Lemans was really low profile in 1972 and the only reference to anything performance were the 455 badges on the fenders. No external distinction between the 455 D port or the 455 H.O. either. Personally, I really like the look of the Ram Air decals and the 455 H.O. 1/4 panel call outs on the 72 GTO. I wish thay had carried that over to the LeMans.

I think the 4th Lucy Blue 72 H.O. convert belongs to Mike in North Carolina.

Old 09-21-2011, 07:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Judge View Post
Chris's Girl has the most options to date on a convert. The only thing they forgot was the posi rear Chris!
Noooooooo!

Need to pull the 12 bolt out of the Sundance car before it leaves!

Old 09-21-2011, 07:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Pat & Jeff in the 2nd pic in Mikes post #87 it would appear as though there are Ram Air call outs on the hood - not sure how early that was taken or if they had been added prior to that.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:04 AM
Senior Chief

Default GTO-style dash bezel

Guys, the yellow car has a swirled dash insert instead of the LeMans horizontal ridges. I noticed that Forrest's 455 HO 'vert does also. I thought those only came on GTO's. What's the deal?

Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow. - K (from MIB)

1972 LeMans Sport convert (T41) '70 XF 455, TH400, 3.31 12-bolt Posi
Old 09-21-2011, 09:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew W View Post
Guys, the yellow car has a swirled dash insert instead of the LeMans horizontal ridges. I noticed that Forrest's 455 HO 'vert does also. I thought those only came on GTO's. What's the deal?
Great question!

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
Old 09-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Question

Quote:
Actually, there are 4 Lucy Blue H.O. converts accounted for on Dan's registry.
3 are M-22 4 speeds and 1 automatic. This was as of 1/16/2007. Chris's babe was on Dan's registry at that time. I may even have given Dan the info but I think he already had it. The total at that time for 1972 H.O. Converts was 14 accounted for. 9 Automatics and 5 Manual 4 speeds. (Break down was 11 Sports and 3 Sport GT's)

Extremely RARE and very under appreciated cars for sure. These were the Judge convertibles of 1972!
The other thing that adds to the "Cool factor on these cars, as well as the desire to place GTO badging on them, is the fact that there is NO indentification on the Sports whatsoever except the Pontiac Moniker and the 455 emblems. NO LeMans or Sport badging anywhere.
Hey Uncle Jeff - I thought that I had the latest copy of Dan's list but obviously I do not. If you don't mind, please e-mail me your copy, my friend.

My list only has nine '72 HO 'verts, six M40 cars and three M22s. Two Lucy Blue 'verts.

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
Old 09-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Pat, My 72 is all original paint and there were NO Ram Air decals on the hood at all. The 455/455 H.O. Lemans was really low profile in 1972 and the only reference to anything performance were the 455 badges on the fenders. No external distinction between the 455 D port or the 455 H.O. either. Personally, I really like the look of the Ram Air decals and the 455 H.O. 1/4 panel call outs on the 72 GTO. I wish thay had carried that over to the LeMans.

I think the 4th Lucy Blue 72 H.O. convert belongs to Mike in North Carolina.

Sweet, thanks for verifying that for me Jeff. Mine is in original paint too, but the hood paint was all baked off, though there is no sign of the call out stickers on the hood. Talk about being True sleeper type cars....just a tease with the 455 emblem. I was going to restore it back to original, without the RA decals, so good to know there is at least another one that came without. Just makes these HO lemans' that much more distinct (unique) from a GTO in my opinion.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Noooooooo!

Need to pull the 12 bolt out of the Sundance car before it leaves!

Make sure it's not a 3.55 with the A/C. IIRC from eric whites book, an AC HO car got the 3.31 gears. Hard to come by. I know I loved driving my HO lemans over my HO GTO on the interstate...much quieter from the engine compartment! and better driveability too.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew W View Post
Underneath all swirl dash is ridge plastic. GTO package got swirl. Swirl was an applied item over ridge from factory or dealer or garage....

Jeff's car original owner lives in my hometown, and was a treat to meet. He wanted a "sleeper" and also wanted to "go fast" too!

If there was a decal or badge he would remove it. Next time I see him I will ask him about call outs on hood.

Other one around he added all decals he could to make it look like a "GTO" like the yellow one as well.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Got an e-mail back from Dan this morning:

Quote:
Hi Chris,

There were 33 455 HO LeMans convertibles built in 1972. Of the 33 cars, 7 were equipped with the GT option, leaving 26 "regular" LeMans convertibles. Pontiac only provides a transmisson breakdown for the GT cars, consisting of 2 manuals, and 5 automatics. I do have 12 '72 convertibles in my registry, 3 of which are GTs, all automatics. The 9 "regular" LeMans' consist of 4 manuals, and 5 automatics. I estimate about a 50/50 breakdown between the 26 cars, so we could say yours COULD be one of thirteen "regualr" LeMans convertibles with the 455 HO engine and manual transmission.

I already had you car in my registry. I have a note stapled to the back of the PHS with the following information:

{provides name & address of person who sent him the PHS}

I have no phone number, and no envelope, just the note.

I hope this helps.

Dan
I googled the name & address & spoke to the guy (John) who said he had forwarded it to Dan after he spoke to the dealer in FL who owned it 10 or so years ago. He was interested in buying it, but it was sold before he made a decision.

Lucy is on the bus, headed north!

Old 09-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Arrival pictures would be appropriate I think. And maybe some cigars and a fine bottle of single malt to celebrate her safe arrival.

BJ

Old 09-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERULD View Post
Arrival pictures would be appropriate I think. And maybe some cigars and a fine bottle of single malt to celebrate her safe arrival.

BJ
It'll be tire smoke, not cigars - I'll save the drinks till after.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB View Post
Make sure it's not a 3.55 with the A/C. IIRC from eric whites book, an AC HO car got the 3.31 gears. Hard to come by. I know I loved driving my HO lemans over my HO GTO on the interstate...much quieter from the engine compartment! and better driveability too.
Actually, the 12 bolt will stay with the Sundance car (also a 4spd with A/C) and if need be I'll just get a posi unit installed - keeping the original housing & gears.

Brian seems to remember there being a posi tag on the cover so.....

Old 09-21-2011, 09:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

cheap whore taking the bus. what route is it going, i might "hook up" with her and see if i can bang her around a little bit before she gets to you.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_collector View Post
cheap whore taking the bus. what route is it going, i might "hook up" with her and see if i can bang her around a little bit before she gets to you.
Call me, I'll give you Julian's number (the bus driver). She's going in style - fully enclosed, upper rack (wouldn't want something dripping on that nice white top now would we?) and the extra parts are stowed away nicely.

Last edited by The Boss; 09-22-2011 at 07:16 AM.