Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Navarro View Post
Interesting............after posts about the possibility of others producing tri-y's............

Ron starts answering emails.......
I was thinking the same thing. ;-) lol

Old 01-19-2013, 07:35 PM

Why always when he mails or says something someone has to complain. It has never come up to one of you guys that that might be one of the reasons he doesnt respond anymore! Now there is some positive news and still people complain? What do you want then??? You want him to fail ?

Old 01-19-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floffy View Post
Why always when he mails or says something someone has to complain. It has never come up to one of you guys that that might be one of the reasons he doesnt respond anymore! Now there is some positive news and still people complain? What do you want then??? You want him to fail ?
Who is complaining?

Old 01-19-2013, 10:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was thinking the same thing. ;-) lol

Old 01-19-2013, 10:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This clown has:

No website
No business address
No phone info
No monitored (or replied to) email

Please tell me where to send my hard earned money!!

Old 01-20-2013, 10:11 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by floffy View Post
Are you ignorant? WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK!!! Still waiting after over 7 years. Jim

Old 01-28-2013, 03:30 AM

Default STILL WAITING!!!!!!!!!

Ten months and counting..... No communication. No headers. No NOTHING.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:39 PM

One year for me. Only missed the delivery date by 50 weeks.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:54 PM

Default Headers

Bad business practice going on 7-8 years, and people have sent him money in the past year? It's hard to feel sorry for some of you that recently sent this guy money.
I have only read this last page, but after 7 years, and customers still have not received what they payed for from the same guy... you knew you were rolling the dice with this guy.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astock View Post
Bad business practice going on 7-8 years, and people have sent him money in the past year? It's hard to feel sorry for some of you that recently sent this guy money.
I have only read this last page, but after 7 years, and customers still have not received what they payed for from the same guy... you knew you were rolling the dice with this guy.
Yep.... I admit it. I was rolling the dice.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:30 AM

I was not aware of all of the history when I "bought" my first-gen firebird roundports.
I was simply responding to an ad by Aron for the headers advertised as "built, finished and ready to ship!" I had only had good experiences buying and selling on this forum until paying $670+ (including shipping) to Ron via Deanna for the "ready to ship" headers
in July 2012.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel1234 View Post
I was not aware of all of the history when I "bought" my first-gen firebird roundports.
I was simply responding to an ad by Aron for the headers advertised as "built, finished and ready to ship!" I had only had good experiences buying and selling on this forum until paying $670+ (including shipping) to Ron via Deanna for the "ready to ship" headers
in July 2012.
Good for you..... Not sure why I have been waiting for first-gen D-Ports from my order of March 2012..... Or others still wait even longer....

I just figure this guy likely sells each header twice or three times or even more.... some get lucky and others get screwed. He is ripping most of us off. Some say you have to be "nice" to him to get your headers. Wow what a business! You get someone else's hard earned money and then get your kissed and decide who gets the product.

All I can do now is hope nobody sends him more money and stop this scam from continuing. If Ron would send my headers or return my money... I would shut up. If he wants a good reputation.... send the product. I always ask if anybody is getting their headers with dates included. Order date and delivery date.... almost never get anyone to respond. To me that is evidence enough. Ron only delivers a small percentage of orders (if any). The rest just get ignored and are out of luck and money.

I was a sucker.... if anyone is thinking of giving money.... DON'T!

Old 01-30-2013, 08:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I almost fell too..Called Aaron a few months ago for the 2" first gen rounds. Told him I am ready to pay and "when" Ron had a set ready I would pay. He said, no - that is just not how it works. Something about new orders pushing old orders out...something that just didn't work for me. I bought some Doug's round ports in 1 7/8 and they fit fine. Heck, I am not sure the "stepped" tribals in 2" with that intermediate pipe flow like a "real" 2" set anyway.

Anyway - good luck to you guys who bought some. I think Aaron is a decent guy - maybe he's been fooled a little. Not sure about Ron. One gets the impression that he probably means well but does not get the fact that when you take someones' money for a service or good, that it is absolutely binding.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOLou View Post
I almost fell too..Called Aaron a few months ago for the 2" first gen rounds. Told him I am ready to pay and "when" Ron had a set ready I would pay. He said, no - that is just not how it works. Something about new orders pushing old orders out...something that just didn't work for me. I bought some Doug's round ports in 1 7/8 and they fit fine. Heck, I am not sure the "stepped" tribals in 2" with that intermediate pipe flow like a "real" 2" set anyway.

Anyway - good luck to you guys who bought some. I think Aaron is a decent guy - maybe he's been fooled a little. Not sure about Ron. One gets the impression that he probably means well but does not get the fact that when you take someones' money for a service or good, that it is absolutely binding.
I have been following this thread and while I have no axe to grind I was struck by this post. Especially the "no - that is just not how it works." line. I ordered ... and have since received ... a set of headers for my Bonneville from Mark at Mad Dog. When I placed the order I asked if he wanted payment in advance or a deposit and he said no ... I'll let you know when they're done and you can pay for them then. Four weeks later they were done. Talk about 180 degrees apart on the business model.

TS

Old 02-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't have any skin in this game but given that they are Tri-y's ( more space), I am wondering out loud if there is a common shape that would fit most chassis types?

Has anyone dyno'd Ron's design to actually confirm the tube diameters are correctly sized?

Old 02-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Senior Chief

I had my set sent to Dave at SD performance. He had a 550 hp D port engine on the dyno, and the tribal tubes were within 5 hp (some points higher, some lower) than Hooker SC's. No adjustments were made from run to run, the tri-y run was lean but adjustments were not made. Dave did not have time to adjust the tune with the different headers on that day. Dave told me that the 'headers worked good'.

Mike

Old 02-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well guys I say it is time to find Ron and resolve this once for and all. I am overseas but will fly to the US to meet him.

Someone who just created an account has been sending me messages trying to convince me they know where he is, probably Ron trying to scam me for money.

The guy (Ron) is a con man and if you don't see I don't care. I want my money or my headers. I have read on other posts he being hunted by the law and others for debts up to $200K, BS or not, I don't know. But I do want my piece of him either way it comes.

So, if you are one of the many who has been ripped off, come forward and let's find the the thief.

I have nothing to hide and if you want to contact me I am:

John Thomas and I am stationed at Aviano Air Base in Italy. My private email is fast400ta@hotmail.com

Old 02-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Where did Aronhk MD go? Wasn't he guaranteeing you guys headers with his own money for backup?

Old 02-04-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Goat1 View Post
Where did Aronhk MD go? Wasn't he guaranteeing you guys headers with his own money for backup?
+1 Great question.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK........ Or THE HEADERS!!!!!

Old 02-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default He was on recently..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Goat1 View Post

aronhk_md
Ultimate Warrior
General Information
Last Activity: Yesterday 10:49 PM
Referrals: 0