WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 02-15-2005, 03:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by red70goat:

"Like I said, you will be LONG GONE by that time."
&gt;&gt;&gt; Then why did you take me up on my offer to honor the wager? Sounds like you are trying to weasle out of this...

"My guess is it will show up next year at the Detroit Auto Show."

&gt;&gt;&gt; My guess as an option to the G6 / G8 or GWhiz. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And let my $100 get away? LOL, nope. Sure you don't want to make it $1,000 or $10,000?
Old 02-15-2005, 04:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by red70goat:

"Like I said, you will be LONG GONE by that time."
&gt;&gt;&gt; Then why did you take me up on my offer to honor the wager? Sounds like you are trying to weasle out of this...

"My guess is it will show up next year at the Detroit Auto Show."

&gt;&gt;&gt; My guess as an option to the G6 / G8 or GWhiz. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure you don't want to make it $1,000 or $10,000? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's more money than you make in a year...I couldn't do that to you and still sleep at night.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:51 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ozzy:
This is what Sal wrote:

“Unlike the GTO, which will continue to be powered by a high-output Corvette V8, the Chevy two-doors, which are due around 2009, reportedly will offer buyers a choice of V6 and V8 engines”.

This is what Red Goat70 wrote:

"....GTO... reportedly will offer buyers a choice of V6 and V8 engines...."

&gt;&gt;&gt; Hey lugnut: Read my post again. There is a phrase in there denoting an opinion which you conveniently left out.

"Oh, and by the way, I have posted 4 times now since January 1st asking for pics of your 70GTO which you had promised us more than 2 months ago."

&gt;&gt;&gt; I'll do it when I'm damn good and ready...not real motivated to buff out a car in 2 feet of snow and 20 degree weather. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you can't honestly see your mistake in your post I think you have big problems buddy. Maybe "ADD" or something?

I also find it hard to believe that someone that is a proud owner of a classic 70 GTO doesn't have one darn picture to share with us.
I have pictures of every car I have ever owned (digital pictures of my cars from 1999 onwards).

Something just doesn't smell right with you, "Mr truck driver now an Attorney with no car pictures"
Old 02-16-2005, 03:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That's more money than you make in a year...I couldn't do that to you and still sleep at night. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like someone who doesn't want to part with any money because he knows he will be wrong.

Yea, lets see some pictures of ANY of your cars. Remember to include a newspaper of the date to show you actually OWN the car. LOL
Old 02-16-2005, 03:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by red70goat:
That's more money than you make in a year...I couldn't do that to you and still sleep at night. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like someone who doesn't want to part with any money because he knows he will be wrong.

&gt;&gt;&gt; How in the hell does my not wanting to take any $ from you should I be right equate to me welching on this bet? Sounds to me like you're the one who wants to weasle out. Ever since I've said I would honor the bet and asked you to send me a private e-mail with your PO Box all you've done is whine and make assumptions as to my not paying if I'm wrong. And BTW: The cars have to be in production, in the dealerships, window stickered and for sale, not at some lame ass car show.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ozzy:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ozzy:
This is what Sal wrote:

“Unlike the GTO, which will continue to be powered by a high-output Corvette V8, the Chevy two-doors, which are due around 2009, reportedly will offer buyers a choice of V6 and V8 engines”.

This is what Red Goat70 wrote:

"....GTO... reportedly will offer buyers a choice of V6 and V8 engines...."

&gt;&gt;&gt; Hey lugnut: Read my post again. There is a phrase in there denoting an opinion which you conveniently left out.

"Oh, and by the way, I have posted 4 times now since January 1st asking for pics of your 70GTO which you had promised us more than 2 months ago."

&gt;&gt;&gt; I'll do it when I'm damn good and ready...not real motivated to buff out a car in 2 feet of snow and 20 degree weather. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"I have pictures of every car I have ever owned (digital pictures of my cars from 1999 onwards)."

&gt;&gt;&gt; As do I ,none digital though, all snapshot photographs...not real sure how to tranfer that to the internet.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

&gt;&gt;&gt; How in the hell does my not wanting to take any $ from you should I be right equate to me welching on this bet? Sounds to me like you're the one who wants to weasle out. Ever since I've said I would honor the bet and asked you to send me a private e-mail with your PO Box all you've done is whine and make assumptions as to my not paying if I'm wrong. And BTW: The cars have to be in production, in the dealerships, window stickered and for sale, not at some lame ass car show. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still Quote Function challenged uh? LOL

When I win the bet, I will email you my address, trust me on that on.

LOL, whatever you want. Sure you don't want to up the bet? heheehe
Old 02-16-2005, 08:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

&gt;&gt;&gt; How in the hell does my not wanting to take any $ from you should I be right equate to me welching on this bet? Sounds to me like you're the one who wants to weasle out. Ever since I've said I would honor the bet and asked you to send me a private e-mail with your PO Box all you've done is whine and make assumptions as to my not paying if I'm wrong. And BTW: The cars have to be in production, in the dealerships, window stickered and for sale, not at some lame ass car show. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Still Quote Function challenged uh? LOL"

&gt;&gt;&gt; Yup. I never said I was an internet sleuth.

...." trust me on that on."

&gt;&gt;&gt; There is no doubt in my mind that you will. That being said stop your whining.

" Sure you don't want to up the bet? "

Nope. I think $100 bucks is fair. That should be more than enough to pay the property taxes on your double wide.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:26 PM

Red70 Goat wrote"

&gt;&gt;&gt; I'll do it when I'm damn good and ready...not real motivated to buff out a car in 2 feet of snow and 20 degree weather.[/QUOTE]

You keep your beloved GTO outside in the snow???
Old 02-17-2005, 03:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

&gt;&gt;&gt; There is no doubt in my mind that you will. That being said stop your whining.

Nope. I think $100 bucks is fair. That should be more than enough to pay the property taxes on your double wide. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have to be a super sleuth to hit the quote button and do a little bit of word processing? LOL, you must have modeled your career after the studdering lawyer in "My Cousin Vinny" LOL

Don't quit your day job, you won't make it as a commedian. LOL.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:16 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Nope. I think $100 bucks is fair. That should be more than enough to pay the property taxes on your double wide. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't quit your day job, you won't make it as a commedian. LOL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; "commedian?" Don't quit your day job, you won't make it as an English Teacher. LOL
Old 02-17-2005, 10:20 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ozzy:
Red70 Goat wrote"

You keep your beloved GTO outside in the snow???[/QUOTE]

Hell no!... I don't want to get buffing compound slung all over my garage via a high speed buffer ...kids & dogs tracking compound dust into the house....
Old 02-17-2005, 11:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

"commedian?" Don't quit your day job, you won't make it as an English Teacher. LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know you've lost the argument when you start attacking spelling. What kind of attorney are you again? LOL

Make sure that $100 bill is nice and crisp.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hell no!... I don't want to get buffing compound slung all over my garage via a high speed buffer ...kids & dogs tracking compound dust into the house.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He didn't care about how it looked, we just want a picture. Sounds like a stall to me...
Old 02-17-2005, 06:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

"commedian?" Don't quit your day job, you won't make it as an English Teacher. LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"You know you've lost the argument when you start attacking spelling."

&gt;&gt;&gt; mirroring your post in content which you conveniently left out.

"Make sure that $100 bill is nice and crisp."

&gt;&gt;&gt; No problems there...my laser printer does a fine job.
Old 02-18-2005, 03:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

&gt;&gt;&gt; No problems there...my laser printer does a fine job. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Content would be providing a picture of all your cars. Again, what kind of attorney are you that you can't afford a digital camera?

Oh boy would I love for you to send me a counterfit bill. That would be the icing on the cake. LOL
Old 02-18-2005, 02:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

&gt;&gt;&gt; No problems there...my laser printer does a fine job. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Content would be providing a picture of all your cars. Again, what kind of attorney are you that you can't afford a digital camera?"

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; The photographs I have were taken in the late 60's early 70s. Having a digital camera has nothing to do with it. I've wrangled my teeneage son to post them here shortly. The 70 Goat I can take digitally though since I still have it.

"Oh boy would I love for you to send me a counterfit bill."

&gt;&gt;&gt; Naaah, I wouldn't do that to you. I doubt you could tell the difference...sort of like comparing a 66 GP to a 66 GTO LOL
Or GM trying to pass off a Monaro as a GTO...now that's counterfit.
Old 02-19-2005, 06:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

[

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; The photographs I have were taken in the late 60's early 70s. Having a digital camera has nothing to do with it. I've wrangled my teeneage son to post them here shortly. The 70 Goat I can take digitally though since I still have it.

&gt;&gt;&gt; Naaah, I wouldn't do that to you. I doubt you could tell the difference...sort of like comparing a 66 GP to a 66 GTO LOL
Or GM trying to pass off a Monaro as a GTO...now that's counterfit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll all be waiting for the pictures.

You're right, I might not be able to tell the difference but I have plenty of friends that can, including a guy who helped produce it.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You're right, I might not be able to tell the difference but I have plenty of friends that can, including a guy who helped produce it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeez ...the differences are blatantly obvious, even from a distance. If you need someone who actually worked on the production of said vehicle to point out the differences for you you really should change your name to Mr_G_I_Dunno. Shoudn't you be busy watching the Goober 500 in your doublewide, guzzling some Miller beer in your Jeff Gordon jammies? fiddlyfart.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jeez ...the differences are blatantly obvious, even from a distance. If you need someone who actually worked on the production of said vehicle to point out the differences for you you really should change your name to Mr_G_I_Dunno. Shoudn't you be busy watching the Goober 500 in your doublewide, guzzling some Miller beer in your Jeff Gordon jammies? fiddlyfart. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, I didn't realize you were an expert in counterfiting.....one of your many talents uh? LOL

Somehow based on your lack of answers to questions you are so full of S*** your eyes are brown.

And yes, I have been to my share of Nascar Races. For those that can appreciate and understand the engineering involved, it makes for a more enjoyable event.

And sorry, I'm from Boston, I drink Sam Adams.

Can't wait for the $100....