Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 08-15-2016, 11:23 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.you View Post
what tires was Justin running on the 4.03 pass? Different from the pro mod tire rules?....

J.C. I "think" he was on a 315 DR on the 4.03 runs, he had back to back 4.03's at Light out.

Old 08-15-2016, 12:22 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
We may disagree on some subjects, Stan, but I have to say that I have read your TECHNICAL POSTS for years on your website and on other sites where you have posted.

At the end of the day you have helped a lot of people with their projects, something that George would not have a clue on how to do: Help someone else with a technical question or how to go faster. So I have to agree totally with you on this one.

Tom V.
DAMN, I think I have a tear in my eye........NOPE! LOL!

GTO George

Old 08-15-2016, 02:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
We may disagree on some subjects, Stan, but I have to say that I have read your TECHNICAL POSTS for years on your website and on other sites where you have posted.

At the end of the day you have helped a lot of people with their projects, something that George would not have a clue on how to do: Help someone else with a technical question or how to go faster. So I have to agree totally with you on this one.

Tom V.
Tom,
Do you happen to know what size turbos Justin is running? I believe that twin turbochargers are limited to 88mm each.

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 08-15-2016, 04:25 PM
Boost Engineer

The latest Turbos sent to him were Harry's (Precision Turbo) Best T-88 Pro Mod stuff. Ceramic Ball Bearing, Custom Compressor and Turbine wheels, etc, etc.

Only the Butler's run the old school T-91 turbos as far as Pontiac guys go and Travis has said several times that the newer technology Precision T-88 stuff would be faster vs their units.

Tom V.

You are correct George, it was not a tear, it was a drop of urine from you pissing in the wind again.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:49 PM
Suspended

LOL! Ewwww that was a good one computer jockey!

GTO George

Old 08-15-2016, 05:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
I am not a betting person, but if I was my money would be on he does not qualify. For me the only question is how close does he come.

Stan
I'm not a betting person either, but if I was, my money would be on Pontiac no matter who said what or what it looked like on paper. ride or die baby.

I know there's a lot more to getting an e.t. but, do you have a way to figure out about how much HP it would take to put a 2650lb. pro mod at 5.90 in the quarter? thanks.

Old 08-15-2016, 06:01 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Meaney View Post
I'm not a betting person either, but if I was, my money would be on Pontiac no matter who said what or what it looked like on paper. ride or die baby. .
Good thing your not a betting man.. You would be broke with that kind of blind loyalty..

Old 08-15-2016, 07:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
Good thing your not a betting man.. You would be broke with that kind of blind loyalty..
It's only numbers in a checkbook.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 08-15-2016, 07:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Meaney View Post
I'm not a betting person either, but if I was, my money would be on Pontiac no matter who said what or what it looked like on paper. ride or die baby.

I know there's a lot more to getting an e.t. but, do you have a way to figure out about how much HP it would take to put a 2650lb. pro mod at 5.90 in the quarter? thanks.
This is what is for sell to people.
http://www.prolineracing.net/engines...2-481x-4000-hp

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 08-15-2016, 07:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Checkbook racing has been around as long as there has been checkbooks and racing. There are dozens of builders all over the US that can provide that kind of hardware and instantly give you a 4000 HP Pro-Mod engine. IF that's the way you want to go racing. No different than the plug and play route we could have gone with the Boss Bird. It all comes down to personal satisfaction.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If he really wants to go pro-mod racing, he's in for a steep learning curve like John Gaydosh has gone through in pro-stock. I wouldn't be surprised if he went all in on it like Gaydosh nor would I be surprised if he's one and done. See my signature, I love Pontiacs as much as you all do but limitations are limitations. Some can be overcome, others, not so much. The sad truth is the Kauffman dragster, the baddest Pontiac I know of, probably couldn't qualify if they "waivered" it in. I'm pulling for Justin, I really hope he can make the show and "gulp" win a round...but it's not likely.

1980 Formula 350 Pontiac back burner project
1972 LeMans 350 Pontiac
Old 08-15-2016, 08:08 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
Checkbook racing has been around as long as there has been checkbooks and racing. There are dozens of builders all over the US that can provide that kind of hardware and instantly give you a 4000 HP Pro-Mod engine. IF that's the way you want to go racing. No different than the plug and play route we could have gone with the Boss Bird. It all comes down to personal satisfaction.
It takes a lot more than a 4k hp motor to get it done in pro mod racing... Justin is up against years of knowledge and money with a passenger car engine.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bruce, I understand that he with the biggest head gasket ultimately wins because there is just more room to work with to do what is needed to stuff the most air in the hole. But there is no one who can tell that he could not make FAR more power by building a engine as close to the max ci possible and using a head that does not belong on a 500HP pump gas 455.
There are Pontiac heads that flow 500cfm. That is 150 cfm more than his E street heads.
And no George, 42lbs of boost in not 42lbs of boost. What, do you think we are all stupid and will just except a statement like that. 42lbs boost on a iron D port is a far cry from 42lbs boost on a 500cfm billet RAV head. Whole lot easier to build boost trying to stuff it through a tiny hole vs a sewer pipe. And what you end up with on the other side of that tiny hole (combustion chamber) is not even in the same ballpark as the sewer pipe. I now firmly believe that if you listened to some of the people around here you would be in the 7s. Mike is making close to your power NA.
Its not about "boost" George. Its about cylinder pressure. Boost is just one way of getting more cylinder pressure. Stuff as much air and fuel into a cylinder, squeeze it as much as possible and light it off. Make as much heat you can. Heat=energy.
And I think Wilcox was on to something when he did what he did. Found a limit with a factory style iron block. How many other guys are trying a max effort 14-71 blown, alcohol-some nitro with real race heads ? 3-4 ?? We have Boss Bird, 3fast, maybe Melot?
We will all know a whole lot more about the max power with a Pontiac based engine when Wilcox and 3fast are done with their engine.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

No argument there. The way to climb the learning curve is one race at a time. Even on a flag waving Pontiac board, I hope nobody has any crazy illusions he is going rounds in Pro-Mod against the best and experienced racers in the class at Indy no less. I'm sure he is going in with his eyes open. He has a car that sort of fits the class, Indy is a super cool place to race no matter what. Why not give it a shot? If he is way out of the field, he will know it by actually trying to make it. Not sitting around wondering, wishing and computing all the reasons he could never do it. If he runs a lifetime best, he has accomplished something.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:48 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
Bruce, I understand that he with the biggest head gasket ultimately wins because there is just more room to work with to do what is needed to stuff the most air in the hole. But there is no one who can tell that he could not make FAR more power by building a engine as close to the max ci possible and using a head that does not belong on a 500HP pump gas 455.
There are Pontiac heads that flow 500cfm. That is 150 cfm more than his E street heads.
And no George, 42lbs of boost in not 42lbs of boost. What, do you think we are all stupid and will just except a statement like that. 42lbs boost on a iron D port is a far cry from 42lbs boost on a 500cfm billet RAV head. Whole lot easier to build boost trying to stuff it through a tiny hole vs a sewer pipe. And what you end up with on the other side of that tiny hole (combustion chamber) is not even in the same ballpark as the sewer pipe. I now firmly believe that if you listened to some of the people around here you would be in the 7s. Mike is making close to your power NA.
Its not about "boost" George. Its about cylinder pressure. Boost is just one way of getting more cylinder pressure. Stuff as much air and fuel into a cylinder, squeeze it as much as possible and light it off. Make as much heat you can. Heat=energy.
And I think Wilcox was on to something when he did what he did. Found a limit with a factory style iron block. How many other guys are trying a max effort 14-71 blown, alcohol-some nitro with real race heads ? 3-4 ?? We have Boss Bird, 3fast, maybe Melot?
We will all know a whole lot more about the max power with a Pontiac based engine when Wilcox and 3fast are done with their engine.
Obviously you guys don't read all of the Post I wrote, you only pick one sentence then get stupid. I'm not backing down on what I wrote and i don't care what YOU except! I never called you guys stupid....YOU did but I'm not going to argue.
The ONLY thing that has stop me from running a 7 is more boost, 11 lbs (you do realize I'm only running 11 lbs of boost......RIGHT "Genius") ain't going to get it done. I know I don't know anything (LOL).....ALL my car does is go down the track all the time (can't race if its broke) and run consistent while running 8 teens at 168 on ONLY 11lbs of boost. I'm happy!!

GTO George

Last edited by GTOGEORGE; 08-15-2016 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

2cents, Justin would be far ahead on the learning curve if he contacted Eric and crew.

1963 Cat SD Clone (old school) streeter
1964 GTO post coupe, tripower, 4speed (build)
1965 GTO 389 tripower, 4 speed, driver
1966 GTO dragcar
1966 GTO Ragtop
1969 Tempest ET clone street/strip
1969 GTO Judge RA lll, auto
1969 GTO limelight Conv. 4speed go and show (sold)
1970 GP SSJ
1970 GTO barn find..TLB…390 horse?….yeh, 390
1972 GTO 455 HO, 4 speed, (build)
1973 Grand Safari wagon, 700hp stoplight sleeper
525ci DCI & 609ci LM V head builds
Old 08-16-2016, 11:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Obviously you guys don't read all of the Post I wrote, you only pick one sentence then get stupid. I'm not backing down on what I wrote and i don't care what YOU except! I never called you guys stupid....YOU did but I'm not going to argue.
The ONLY thing that has stop me from running a 7 is more boost, 11 lbs (you do realize I'm only running 11 lbs of boost......RIGHT "Genius") ain't going to get it done. I know I don't know anything (LOL).....ALL my car does is go down the track all the time (can't race if its broke) and run consistent while running 8 teens at 168 on ONLY 11lbs of boost. I'm happy!!

GTO George
You might want to change your signature...again...

"GTO George

5.08 - 1/8 mile
only 9.5 lbs. of BOOST! "

Old 08-16-2016, 11:09 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Goat1 View Post
You might want to change your signature...again...

"GTO George

5.08 - 1/8 mile
only 9.5 lbs. of BOOST! "

Really who actually reads them......I guess besides you? LOL!

GTO George

Old 08-16-2016, 11:19 AM
Suspended

We all know that 11 lbs of boost isn't 11lbd of boost so it might be 8 or 9! LOL! Different weather conditions.....camshafts.

GTO George

Old 08-16-2016, 03:15 PM
Boost Engineer

ONE THING I LIKE ABOUT GEORGE IS THAT EVERY DAY HE SINGS A DIFFERENT TUNE.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.