Old 01-27-2015, 08:33 PM

They included what's left of a quart of paint they used to paint the hood tach and new front lower valance, so i have the recipe on that can fortunately. I'm not 100% sure it's a 100% match to the factory color without parking it next to another car that's original, but it seems to be very close to a GM color from the 90's that they modified slightly.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The formula they have now days does not match an original paint car. It's a much nicer shade now than it was then. Nobody will ever know.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:46 AM

I figured it was along those lines, which is good because they'll be able to match it!

Old 02-21-2015, 09:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Or you just repaint it in lacquer to insure it matches the original paint in jambs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	336.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	390946  

Old 04-29-2015, 10:36 AM

I think you will need to build a car to suit your needs... the list is too long and you want it to be perfect... you will never find it...

Find a rust free car and build it to your specs.. it may cost more but at least it will be the way you want...

James

Old 04-29-2015, 11:06 AM

Scroll back one page, found it awhile ago but just had to have minor stuff done (had the nose resprayed so it was perfect and had it fitted after the photos below, hood/nose alignment was bad and is great now. Just put a rebuilt shifter in to remove the slop and that's fantastic, converted the non-working clock to quartz, headrests recovered, putting a new dash flexible circuit in, starter wouldn't start hot. New starter solved that issue.) T

he minor stuff to take it from really very nice to omg that's a sharp GTO, great example. I want everything to operate as it should, firmly, quickly, like it was new (and it essentially is, under 1k miles on it since restoration.) Start up and go, no "warm up", as it should. Go straight, turn tight, stop quickly. Except for that flexible circuit waiting to go in to solve a temp light issue, i think i'm there and just need to really wash it and shine it after working and test driving it.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...4&postcount=32
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	396473   Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	396474   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	396475   Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	396476   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	396477  

Old 05-01-2015, 10:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thumbs up

You've found yourself a nice car, it looks good. I think the prior owner made a good choice adding the hood tac and wood wheel. Agree with you about the nose fitment, quite noticeable. Congrats!