Old 12-06-2014, 06:44 AM

Thanks for the lead .That is the 2nd time its been on Ebay . It is a descent car . I spoke with the owner last month . In my opinion his reserve is about 5K too much . Thanks again Don

Old 12-06-2014, 12:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by shook1 View Post
I don't recall seeing a 66 or 67 wagon sell for much above $12k in excellent condition. But it's worth what someone is willing to pay. Teej from this forum sold an excellent Tempest wagon for much less. I wanted his wagon, but did not have his asking price, so I purchased elsewhere. He later had to lower the asking price for a quicker sale, but I passed it up, as I already had a wagon, and didn't have the extra cash for the purchase of his wagon. You should contact him. He was instrumental in helping to look for a 67 wagon for me. He may still have a list of wagons from our e-mails to each other a few years back.

Are you stuck on a 1966 wagon? 1967 wagons are nearly identical. This would double your search options.
Because I have a '66 wagon and I am familiar with '67s, I can tell you the differences. The taillights, the edge of the quarters where the taillight extensions mount, the rear bumper, the front fender around the headlights, the header panel, the grills (all the same as differences in 2 and 4 doors), the interior patterns, the instrument cluster, the dash pads, the steering column/wheel, and the brake booster/ master cylinder. That bronze colored one on Ebay in Oregon looks identical to the way mine looked from the factory. (Of course now it is red with parchment interior).

Last edited by goatwgn; 12-06-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:52 PM

Thanks for the info . I am stuck on a 66. Drive train is not an issue . I am looking for a straight one that is not a rust bucket .The plan is to keep it a stock Tempest either OHC or 326 . "the search continues " Thanks Again Don

Old 11-02-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 421/376 View Post
Thanks for the info . I am stuck on a 66. Drive train is not an issue . I am looking for a straight one that is not a rust bucket .The plan is to keep it a stock Tempest either OHC or 326 . "the search continues " Thanks Again Don
Old thread, just wondering if you ever found a 66 Wagon.

Old 11-02-2015, 05:52 PM

Hi Patrick,Thanks for the reply . I did find one . The more I look it over the more rot I find. I'm still undecided if I'm going to do it or keep looking for a rust and rot-free one .Thanks for checking in . Don

Old 11-02-2015, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Hi Patrick,Thanks for the reply . I did find one . The more I look it over the more rot I find. I'm still undecided if I'm going to do it or keep looking for a rust and rot-free one .Thanks for checking in . Don
I got one that is rust free with the exception of where the spare mounts in the bottom of that trough and a couple of small dime size holes along rear window on passenger side. Floors have already been replaced. Got a Sprint engine for it with trans, bell housing and clutch (damaged Z-bar.

The reason I asked is, not started on it yet and my 69 Catalina is taking more $$ than I had hoped. I run hot and cold about selling it. Picking up another OHC in the next couple days from an all original wagon, just in case with frame mounts which are worth the asking price to me.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:59 PM

Hello again Patrick .Thanks for the reply .If yo decide to part with it send me some photos of it . I'd like to see what it looks like . It sounds a lot better than what I wasted my money on . Don

Old 11-05-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Hello again Patrick .Thanks for the reply .If yo decide to part with it send me some photos of it . I'd like to see what it looks like . It sounds a lot better than what I wasted my money on . Don
I sent you a message. Maybe check your inbox?