Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 09-26-2019, 07:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64speed View Post
That thread is a shining example of why I did not let Paul build my engine as was planned. My builder was only an hour away an when he needed parts it was cheaper for me to mail them to him than the gas to deliver them. I got to actually be there the day it was cranked. You don’t get that in a cross country build.

So the the fact that after I worked up 2-3 different estimates and you kept changing the way you wanted it done and would ask for another estimate, then me telling you to find someone else to do your engine had nothing to do with it?

520-409-7236
Koerner Racing Engines
You killed it, We build it!
520-294-5758

64 GTO, under re-construction, 412 CID, also under construction.
87 S-10 Pickup, 321,000 miles
99Monte Carlo, 293,000 miles
86 Bronco, 218,000 miles
Old 09-26-2019, 07:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 461 Bird View Post
I too would keep it local and I believe I mentioned that in my first comment in that thread. OP had plenty of local Pontiac talent within a days drive from VA. Paul did stand behind his work thanks to the PY forum and I would have no problem recommending him to someone in AZ. Mistakes happen and he made it right. But yeah keep it local.

Sorry, the forum had nothing to do with it. We stand behind our work if we make a mistake.

520-409-7236
Koerner Racing Engines
You killed it, We build it!
520-294-5758

64 GTO, under re-construction, 412 CID, also under construction.
87 S-10 Pickup, 321,000 miles
99Monte Carlo, 293,000 miles
86 Bronco, 218,000 miles
Old 09-30-2019, 12:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ummm GTOFREEK you spec’d and ordered the cam for it and prepared my oil pump. I had every intention of sending it out there and I have the private messages to back it up. You never discharged me as a customer.

Old 09-30-2019, 12:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Also I’ve talked to 68vagoat several times on the phone and been forwarded some of the text messages. If it wasn’t for it being known what happened on this forum then I sincerely doubt you would have flown to VA to tear the engine down! Just my honest opinion

Old 09-30-2019, 12:20 AM
Senior Chief

You gonna start that up after it’s merciful death by moderator?

Old 09-30-2019, 01:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I hinted at this 64speed in post 13. I don't like to do this to someone on a public forum but since you're going to be the way you're being, I'll lay it out.

Paul did the cam for you....yes, but your budget constraints sending payments of $5 to $10 a week for a camshaft is just not the way most vendors will or can conduct business. They simply can't conduct business that way and pay the bills. It took you months to pay the camshaft off. And you wanted Paul to build the entire engine?? It was some of those reasons why Paul told you that you would be better off finding someone else to build your engine.

And you can think what you want but you are completely wrong about Paul and Jeff. This forum had nothing to do with Paul flying out and fixing that engine. It simply took Joe to come to his senses and calm down, talk rationally and come up with a reasonable game plan. Paul and Jeff stand behind their work, and are very easy people to deal with. I've seen it first hand, I know the guys on a personal level. There is no way anyone on this forum has any right to judge someone's character without meeting someone in person first, and anything otherwise is just opinion, nothing else. Most that want to talk smack is just that, key board heroes that have no idea what a person is like. That entire thread was a lot of BS from people that didn't know the situation or the people involved. Some look for help and like to help, that's fine and what this forum is for, but 50% of that thread should have been tossed.

Old 09-30-2019, 04:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If I had only sent 5 and 10 dollars a week to pay for the camshaft I would still be paying for it.

Old 09-30-2019, 08:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
I hinted at this 64speed in post 13. I don't like to do this to someone on a public forum but since you're going to be the way you're being, I'll lay it out.

Paul did the cam for you....yes, but your budget constraints sending payments of $5 to $10 a week for a camshaft is just not the way most vendors will or can conduct business. They simply can't conduct business that way and pay the bills. It took you months to pay the camshaft off. And you wanted Paul to build the entire engine?? It was some of those reasons why Paul told you that you would be better off finding someone else to build your engine.

And you can think what you want but you are completely wrong about Paul and Jeff. This forum had nothing to do with Paul flying out and fixing that engine. It simply took Joe to come to his senses and calm down, talk rationally and come up with a reasonable game plan. Paul and Jeff stand behind their work, and are very easy people to deal with. I've seen it first hand, I know the guys on a personal level. There is no way anyone on this forum has any right to judge someone's character without meeting someone in person first, and anything otherwise is just opinion, nothing else. Most that want to talk smack is just that, key board heroes that have no idea what a person is like. That entire thread was a lot of BS from people that didn't know the situation or the people involved. Some look for help and like to help, that's fine and what this forum is for, but 50% of that thread should have been tossed.
Formulajones,
I came to my senses when I posted on the forum that the engine failed on the dyno. I was calm throughout because I knew I was right. A reasonable plan should have consisted of correctly fixing this engine after it failed on the dyno. Rod 5 & 6 had to be replaced and thats the same cylinder that had the collapsed piston skirt. Two machinists that don't know each other looked at this piston and said the piston was "smoothed out" to hide a defect or dent. Paul also said he couldn't stand installing pistons that were dirty and had carbon...thats funny, he didn't clean the dirty ones in my garage before he installed them. Matter of fact...he went straight to #5 when he had the heads off! I'm taking that piston to another machinist to get a 3rd opinion tomorrow.

Since I met Paul, I guess that qualifies me to give my opinion. He stayed at my house, I paid for meals and got to know him. He told me that he was going to pay me back the $2,575 that they charged me when I sent the motor back and they "fixed" it. He said he thought that was fair. Paul spoke to Jeff and I got a text from Paul that said Jeff agreed to give me my money back. I sent them a financial settlement agreement that protects BOTH of us and guess what...they went ghost. I've sent them a few texts and phone calls and not one return call or text. Also, apparently the manufacture of Icon pistons shows you where to take proper measurements of the piston. A little different than what Paul did! Thats another reason why none of us believe the engine was apart.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Paul.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	521246   Click image for larger version

Name:	Piston.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	521247  

Last edited by Va68goat; 09-30-2019 at 08:59 PM.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post

The very definition of lip service.