Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 03-05-2024, 12:29 AM

Default Ring brothers hood hinges looking for a solution

I got a good deal on these hood hinges and they are the ones that are for a 70-81 F body. The problem is I am running the G braces from Pro touring F body and are in the way for the bottom attachment for the struts to attach. I was able to flip the bottom attachment to point up instead of down but those are the only two options. The problem is now the struts do not fit and are way too long. I need a pretty short strut that I haven’t been able to find and I’m not sure struts this short even exist. I need ones about 5.9 inches long extended. Are there any options you guys can think of to make these work? Adjustable struts of any kind? A custom spring maybe? I figured I would ask for some ideas before I just put the stock ones back on and sold these. Thanks as always!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5450.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	629868   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0024.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	629869  

Old 03-05-2024, 03:28 AM

I'm not sure if LeighP visits here anymore, had this issue 10 years ago. Not sure if his were same brand but used the gas strut and fouled the G-braces. Ended up having to install extra hood supports further down that ruined the exercise. I'm not sure how good a deal is if it doesn't work.
Try posting on one of the Pro-touring forums, many would have found this same issue.

Last edited by Red80TA; 03-05-2024 at 03:37 AM.
Old 03-05-2024, 09:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

https://www.gasspringsshop.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to chrisp For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2024, 10:28 AM

You’re right about it not being a good deal if they dont work that’s for sure…and thank you for the feedback!

Also thank you for that link…I will give them a call and check it out