1982-92 TA & FB TECH 1993-2002 TA & FB Tech is now part of the new Late Model Section of the PY Forums. Click this link to check it out.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default formula

I screwed up and posted this in the wrong thread, so I'm moving it to here.... sorry

need info from you firebird guys.....
I'm a true blue GTO guy but I'm thinking about branching out... Found a 1987 Firebird Formula 350 with 38,000 original miles. 2nd owner & he's a car guy. Car has been kept in a heated garage. Seats have seat covers to protect the original seats. Silver with Blk interior. Nose, hood & top are faded. Aftermarket wheels, headers & a 3" exhaust. Pure stock other than that.

Asking under $4990.00 for the car..

It seems like the asking price is a pretty good deal, even if I just use it as a driver. I don't know much about these cars & I'm looking for some insight... What to look for, what problems they had. I know they built 13,000 of them in 1987, what is the desirabilty of the car? Any collector value?

I would appreciate any thoughts or comments....

http://www.gogtoaa.com/leibys%20rides.html
Old 04-23-2009, 08:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The L98 5.7 Liter was only available with a 4spd (OD) automatic and generated 220 HP.

Desireable options to look for on the code sheet are:

G80 - Limited Slip Differential
G92 - Performance Axle Ratio
J65 - Power disc front & rear Brakes
KC4 - Engine Oil Cooler

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 05-24-2009, 12:39 AM

SHHHH ! Don't tell any body but "Knight Rider" cars make nice drivers, are cheap and can get good mpg. I like my wife's GTA, with air and cruise-handles nice too! I love first gen birds but I have three third gens. Building a daily driver 92 now.