WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 1993-02 Firebird/Trans Am Owners > 93-02 General Tech/Discussion

93-02 General Tech/Discussion 1993-2002 Firebird/Trans Am General Tech/Discussion

Old 12-20-2009, 02:09 AM

The value of the rag top WS6 cars should be holding up pretty well I would think, even my less desireable auto trans car.

I'm always glad I bought an automatic car everytime I'm stuck in slow traffic, even if that isn't very often.

Ran 13.44 at 104 MPH with the original dried-up 18K-mile Goodyears on it, I just put it in Drive and let it shift. No burnout, just clicked off the traction control and tried not to go up in smoke. Everything right down to the nuts and bolts on this car is stock, they're fast rides.

Had MI plates on it for a little while, I took delivery there and drove it home to CA. A relative in MI working for GM got me a smokin' deal on it late in '01.

Old 12-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Senior Chief

B-man-Nice! I think that all stock cars like your's will hold value, especially convertibles. Autos are less sought after but, they've got to be faster. I love how you can just stick it in drive, feather it a little and nail it.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

yeah autos are quick. mine was bone stock last spring and it ran 13.50 in the 106.7 not to pop the rear.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

tajunkman, the SOM's are by far my favorite color F bodies. Your wifes car is amazing!
My 77 TA is painted SOM, I love how they change color depending on the surrounding light source.

Here is a neat fact about the auto ls1 cars. You can add a lid (breather top) sticky tires, and a converter and run low 12's bone stock. And you won't lose an ounce of drive-ability as they lock up at 40 mph.

Father&Son, did you car belong to John? He's a member here too, he was looking to build an early lemans at one point.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I paid $21K for my 02 SOM WS6 6-spd convertible about two years ago. I love it.

I recently saw an 02 Collector Edition T/A convertible with 6-spd for $13,500 advertised on Craigslist locally. I never liked the yellow cars, but it looked to be in good condition. I believe it was originally advertised for $15K, but the price dropped after a month or so. It must have sold, since the listing is gone.

There is a 27K mile NMB 02 WS6 6-spd T/A near Wilmington for $16,995. It was advertised in December for $17,995. It was last listed today.

Right before Christmas, a friend called me and told me a guy had a very nice 40K mile 01 WS6 T/A 6-spd (pewter) for $9000, but the deal had to be done quickly. I don't really like anything silver, so I thought about it a couple of days before I called. It had sold.

There are some amazing deals on everything right now. I always liked the 74-91 Suburban 3/4 tons. I'd like to have one with a 454 and 4x4. I saw a nice 89 Suburban 3/4 ton 4x4 listed for $3000. The ad didn't state it, so I assumed it was a 350 engine. The price dropped a couple of times ($2200 was the last price), and curiousity got the best of me. I called to see what engine was, and the guy said it had a 454. By that time, he had a deposit. He said he thought listing the engine might scare away people because it was such a gas hog.

It's certainly a buyers market right now.

Mike
Old 03-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Holmberg View Post
tajunkman, the SOM's are by far my favorite color F bodies. Your wifes car is amazing!
My 77 TA is painted SOM, I love how they change color depending on the surrounding light source.

Here is a neat fact about the auto ls1 cars. You can add a lid (breather top) sticky tires, and a converter and run low 12's bone stock. And you won't lose an ounce of drive-ability as they lock up at 40 mph.

Father&Son, did you car belong to John? He's a member here too, he was looking to build an early lemans at one point.
My 79,yes to Nichols I believe,nice guy,spoke to him about the car.
1968 442-gone but not forgotten
"Oh,you can think about it,.....but don't do it!"
Sheriff Bufford T.Justice