Old 10-28-2020, 12:59 PM

Default Shot in the dark on motor

I have seen other members on here ask about long gone motors. I though I would take a shot at it.

My car- 1970 RAIII Judge, Starlight black, black interior, close ratio 4 speed, 3.90 rear end. Sold new in Connersville Indiana in October 69. Car was resold in the early to mid 80's near the Indianapolis airport. At that time the car was painted green, with a Chevy motor, 12 bolt rear end and no rear wing. The car had always been in that area until it was sold and moved to California. The gentleman that purchased the car near the airport (not myself) did not remember the name of the pervious owner(s).
I would love to know more history on the car and what happened to the original motor.

Starlight black Judge VIN- P1344XX

The guy that bought the car by the airport did an amazing job restoring it using NOS parts and made the car as close to correct as he could. The car still looks great today.

The kicker is the guy that restored it found a RAIV motor from a Pepper Green 1970 GTO, 4 speed. The engine is complete and all correct.
If any one knows any info on this car I would like to hear about it. The car was sold new in Anderson Indiana. It was a fairly high optioned car.

Pepper Green GTO VIN- P1718XX

Any info on either car would be great. While I would love to find the original engine I am just as interested in the early history of the car.

Although I have been a member here since 2012 I rarely post any thing. With the purchase of this new Judge I am tying to learn as much as I can.
I appreciate the expertise a lot of you have and the willingness to help out.

Kyle

Old 10-31-2020, 08:23 AM
Senior Chief

Try this lost/found engine database

http://www.wallaceracing.com/lostsearch.htm