Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Maybe find a sheet of rubber and temporarily afix it between the sensor and the pump? I have no idea what it would actually take. I've read if you have a hand held AM radio, you can use it to detect interference. Might be worth a try...

Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM

I would just relocate it, even if only temporary. Low pressure fuel lines are cheap and easy enough to rerun, as well as extending the wiring.

Another thing to consider... How closely connected are the 12v/grounds for the pump, and for the crank sensor? Ideally, very far separated from each other. If not, maybe some sort of filtering can be added.

On my setup, I have the battery in the trunk, supplying power directly (through relays) to the in-tank fuel pumps. The computer (MS1-Extra, under-dash) gets it's power through a long length of it's own dedicated wire, and grounds to a cylinder head

Last edited by adynes; Yesterday at 07:54 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by adynes View Post
I would just relocate it, even if only temporary. Low pressure fuel lines are cheap and easy enough to rerun, as well as extending the wiring.

Another thing to consider... How closely connected are the 12v/grounds for the pump, and for the crank sensor? Ideally, very far separated from each other. If not, maybe some sort of filtering can be added.

On my setup, I have the battery in the trunk, supplying power directly (through relays) to the in-tank fuel pumps. The computer (MS1-Extra, under-dash) gets it's power through a long length of it's own dedicated wire, and grounds to a cylinder head
DITTO THIS... Mine is the same(and trunk mounted as well). Dedicated power for the ecu and engine position sensors. Battery is grounded to the head(00 welding cable), and the ecu grounds there, as well as a ground bus so anything sensitive can go to the head as well.
It may seem overkill, but its not. It's the difference in having major headaches, and not...

Old Today, 03:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Asking because I just had a read through the thread but can't see an MSQ file. Can you share it? I've run into a similar problem in the past where I was on the wrong "Input" edge. Once I changed it and reset the timing offset, the car was fine after that. Even though a hall effect sensor is +12V (or +5v), signal & ground, you still need to get on the right edge. The coil output edge is pretty simple as if you're on the wrong edge, you'll need 8 new coils LOL.

Also can you share a logfile of what the car is doing.

Old Today, 06:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Kris there's a thread at MSEXTRA running with a log and msq here:
https://www.msextra.com/forums/viewt...?f=131&t=75049
He told me hes tried both edges, but I'm not sure if he has since shielding the signal wire. The symptoms do sound like what you mention. In the log it runs good til 51xx rpm then loses synch. At a little faster rpmdot it loses it 7 times quickly on the way up.
ETA: Kris, the Holley sensor he's using is mentioned by part number in that MS thread. Do you have any experience with it? Is its built in pull up compatible as is?

Last edited by Scott65; Today at 06:36 AM.
Old Today, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott65 View Post
Kris there's a thread at MSEXTRA running with a log and msq here:
https://www.msextra.com/forums/viewt...?f=131&t=75049
He told me hes tried both edges, but I'm not sure if he has since shielding the signal wire. The symptoms do sound like what you mention. In the log it runs good til 51xx rpm then loses synch. At a little faster rpmdot it loses it 7 times quickly on the way up.
Thanks for posting that link Scott. Please take a look Kriser and see what you think. I appreciate all feedback. I plan to work with it some tonight.

Old Today, 07:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMile Pontiacs View Post
Thanks for posting that link Scott. Please take a look Kriser and see what you think. I appreciate all feedback. I plan to work with it some tonight.
No problem! Kris is very knowledgeable, and is generous with it. He was very helpful to me when I was in the early stages, and its appreciated.