Non Pontiac Motors in Pontiacs includes factory 403,305,350 Chevy, Buick V6,
Also Pontiac Motors in non-Pontiacs!

Old 12-02-2018, 05:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Once you put a ls in a old GTO your car is only cared about by chevy guys.
If you are a Pontiac guy and give the car the time of day you never were "really" a Pontiac guy to begin with.

Old 12-14-2018, 01:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
Once you put a ls in a old GTO your car is only cared about by chevy guys.
If you are a Pontiac guy and give the car the time of day you never were "really" a Pontiac guy to begin with.
My self identity is not tied to a car brand...or engine brand.

Andrew

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets."
Old 05-03-2020, 05:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

My, how time goes by so quickly! The GTO is currently in storage, waiting for our move to Kansas City. While it was being taken to the storage location, it was becoming pretty clear that there were serious issues with the hydraulic clutch release. So with the knowledge that it will have to eventually be driven to KC, I decided to upgrade the hydraulic throw out bearing (TOB) to the really nice Tilton series 6000 bearing.

This specific version is designed to work with early design transmissions, such as a Muncie, Saginaw, TKO, and Richmonds. Since I am still using the Richmond 6 speed, this fits the bill.

I particularly like the way the height of the bearing is adjusted. Instead of stacking shims against face of the bearing retainer, there is a threaded collar that is turned in order to achieve the proper distance between the face of the bearing and the clutch spring fingers.

We did the work at my buddy Brian's shop (this is where the car is stored). Car buddies are the best people on the planet!

I didn't get a lot of "in process" pictures, but I am sure you guys know the drill. LOL

I bought a about $100 worth of fittings and hoses from Earl's in anticipation of the job, since I knew that the new bearing had AN-4 hoses and my old bearing used AN-3 hoses. As it trend out, the only part that was needed was a new adapter to go on the end of the hardline. It's a 3/8x24 double flare to AN-4 adapter. The hoses were just the right length and everything fit perfectly.

Here I am pretending to actually do some work. It sure is nice to have a lift available. I can't imagine doing this type of work again on my back.

I hope all of you are staying healthy in these crazy times!

Andrew

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets."