Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Old 06-06-2020, 10:16 AM

Default June 17-20 Spring Carlisle swap meet

So far the Carlisle Events website shows the swap meet is still on.

Thought I read the green phase prohibited gatherings of 250 or more (don't think Carlisle is in the green phase yet). What are you guys in PA hearing? If it happens what are the restaurant rules etc.?

I'd think the turn out would be a lot less then normal.

Old 06-06-2020, 02:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Still can't cross the US Border here,so will be missing the first on in 30 yrs!

Old 06-06-2020, 02:36 PM
Suspended

I heard it was canceled but their website doesn't say so. Charlotte is canceled and that was going to be next weekend. Can't see Carlisle happening and if it does, shame on them for putting money in front of people.

Old 06-06-2020, 06:17 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief of the 60's View Post
I heard it was canceled but their website doesn't say so. Charlotte is canceled and that was going to be next weekend. Can't see Carlisle happening and if it does, shame on them for putting money in front of people.
Hooray for them them if it happens and putting choice before money. This is America and exercising my freedom of choice to attend or not is just that, my freedom to choose. Shame on you for taking away my freedom to choose.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PontiacJim1959 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2020, 04:18 PM

Spoke to Carlisle Events today, the swap meet is still schedule to happen next week. They do have a meeting with the state tomorrow to review the plan. Any changes to their plan , if needed, will be posted Wednesday.

Old 06-18-2020, 09:41 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

This could get interesting, anybody heard from an attendee there; what would they do, send in the state police?

https://www.wgal.com/article/pennsyl...lisle/32893124

65 Tempest, 400, TH400
86 Fiero SE 2.8
Old 06-19-2020, 09:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS57 View Post
This could get interesting, anybody heard from an attendee there; what would they do, send in the state police?

https://www.wgal.com/article/pennsyl...lisle/32893124
I have been reading discussion about this on the aaca forum as well. There was at least one vendor that chimed in saying that business was good on set up day. I think at this point, like most things the govt does, a lawsuit is a complete waste of money. The event will have come and gone before anything is done. Its all about personal choice, at this time I dont feel comfortable with going. I will wait to see what things look like in the fall.

All they need to do is call it an unrest/protest and the large gathering will be overlooked

Old 06-19-2020, 03:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

FYI...

https://www.wgal.com/article/pennsyl...-show/32918082

It stays open!

65 Tempest, 400, TH400
86 Fiero SE 2.8