Old 02-19-2021, 11:06 PM

Default 1970 grand prix radiator selection

looking for information regarding an actual direct fit replacement radiator for a 70 grand prix NOT made in china.

unfortunately the original radiator was replaced right before i bought my car in the fall and replaced with a parts store special.trying to find a quality drop in replacement made here in the US.

thanks brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2984.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	561152  

Old 02-19-2021, 11:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It wasn't for a GP, but I got a replacement radiator for my Bonneville from U.S. Radiator and was happy with the quality, performance and appearance. http://usradiator.com/radiators?cat=1876

Old 02-20-2021, 12:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Same radiator as used in a '70 GTO. 3 core or 4 core, then manual or auto application. I had several original 4 cores recored in the early 00's before China cornered the market on spun copper & all copper went through the roof price wise. If you can find an older Desert Cooler that's been put up & not installed that may also work for you.

Old 02-21-2021, 11:24 AM
Administrator

US radiator Desert cooler was your best bet for good quality OEM replacement made in USA. Should cost you around $500. However, they were bought out about 2 years ago and I'm not sure they are still made in USA. Even if they are, core material and tanks may now be sourced in China. For aluminum, you have Dewitt, Afco, Be Cool and Griffin that have USA 'assembled' offerings. Around $600-$800.

For those that want the same or even better quality but don't mind that it is assembled overseas, Cold Case is under $400. Any viewers interested in a special forum price, shoot me a PM.

Old 02-22-2021, 09:33 PM

thanks to all who responded,i appreicate the information.

Ccass ,i have read good reviews regarding your cold case radiators.if i can knowingly avoid purchasing parts from china or assembled in the usa ( with foreign componants ) i try to.unfortunatley i am set in my ways,but thank you.

Old 02-22-2021, 11:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper1991 View Post
thanks to all who responded,i appreicate the information.

Ccass ,i have read good reviews regarding your cold case radiators.if i can knowingly avoid purchasing parts from china or assembled in the usa ( with foreign componants ) i try to.unfortunatley i am set in my ways,but thank you.
I totally appreciate and understand your position. When I posted, I was doing so for other viewers. I had a strong feeling you had already made your mind up. I apologize if it came off as me twisting your arm. That was not my intent.

Good luck to you.

Old 02-24-2021, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccass View Post
I totally appreciate and understand your position. When I posted, I was doing so for other viewers. I had a strong feeling you had already made your mind up. I apologize if it came off as me twisting your arm. That was not my intent.

Good luck to you.
no apology needed , i assumed it was for the good of the order. regards brian