Old 05-07-2021, 12:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1962 turn signal switch - small car vs big car

I took my original 1962 TS switch apart with the goal of lubing it up and having the metal housing replated. Instead I ended up jack-in-the-box'ing the little spring loaded brass contacts and all those parts went flying into regions unknown.

I'm wondering if the guts of the much more commonly available 62 tempest switch are the same - it seems like they are all a pretty similar design.

Maybe I'll just buy one and find out if nobody has tried this yet.

1968 GTO 4-spd convertible, console, factory gauges, hidden headlights, 3.90:1 posi, AM/FM radio.

1962 Catalina convertible, Starlight black w maroon interior & white top.
Old 05-10-2021, 10:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Not sure which item you need. Switch assy., cancelling can, springs etc. are all terms that come up i parts book. But in any case I do not see repeated numbers for any between P8 and T6/8. And then there comes the question of tilt or non tilt which didn't make it any easier to see a duplication.

Old 05-12-2021, 06:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Was mainly wondering if the internal parts were the same since the shape of the connector appeared to be very similar. (3, 2, then 1 spade connector on bottom)

1968 GTO 4-spd convertible, console, factory gauges, hidden headlights, 3.90:1 posi, AM/FM radio.

1962 Catalina convertible, Starlight black w maroon interior & white top.