THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 05-14-2021, 08:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Awesome place. I'd LOVE to have those outbuildings on my property...even ONE of 'em. Love that 'front porch'

Old 05-14-2021, 09:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jones View Post
Sweet!
Gotta suitable mower?
50 inch zero turn Ariens, 21 HP Kawasaki powered. I bought that 2 years ago in anticipation of owning a larger piece of property.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

The Following User Says Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2021, 09:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
Awesome place. I'd LOVE to have those outbuildings on my property...even ONE of 'em. Love that 'front porch'
There are swings located throughout the property, I guess he must have done his best thinking sitting in a porch swing.

1984 Grand Prix

Old 05-14-2021, 11:11 AM

Nice place, all those out building would turn me into a hoarder as well. Nothing like open space to store junkyard gold, have fun filling it up

Old 05-14-2021, 01:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds awesome. Congratulations!
Anyone have trouble seeing the pics? There’s a blank box where pic should be which is a link to IMGBB.com. I can see older pics but none of the ones in the original post? I tried on IPad and IPhone. Thanks

Old 05-14-2021, 07:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Love those old farm houses....nice find! Congrats.

Old 05-15-2021, 07:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks terrific! Nice find, congrats!

Eric

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

“The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”
Old 05-15-2021, 09:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elarson View Post
Looks terrific! Nice find, congrats!

Eric
Thanks Eric, I think we'll be very happy with the extra space, and peace and quiet that we don't have living in a subdivision in the village we now reside in. Ever since I moved into this home I've sporadically had issues with the village idiots that run this town because of my car hobby, plus there just isn't enough property to have all the vehicles I currently own.

Having had a 1200 square foot shop, on 1 1/2 acres in the past, and having to condense down into a 2 car garage on 1/3 of an acre is tough to do.

My wife loves wildlife and birds, so she'll be happy out in the open spaces. Plus, she has her workspace at home, and having kids outside screaming, and playing isn't conducive to working efficiently for her. We have a lot of young families that have a lot of kids nearby. During nice weather it can be distracting for her to try to talk on the phone for her job.

One other nice thing is we don't have to have our house sold before taking possession of the new place, so it can be a move that isn't going to have to be done in one day. Twice I've had people sitting outside waiting for me to get our stuff out of the house so they can bring their stuff inside, that's not going to happen that way this time.

She is a certified RN medical care manager for a major health insurance company, so she talks to her clients on the phone most of the day. They also do many face to face tele health connects which can be challenging with excessive noise outside. We'll be eliminating that source of aggravation.

We'll have possession on July 14th, so I have time to get all my ducks in a row.

1984 Grand Prix

Old 05-15-2021, 06:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

To say I'm envious would be an understatement. Properties like that just don't exist within a reasonable distance of where I and my girlfriend work. Congrats!

Old 05-15-2021, 07:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
To say I'm envious would be an understatement. Properties like that just don't exist within a reasonable distance of where I and my girlfriend work. Congrats!
After months of looking, I didn't think that they existed either. I would say it was a God thing, and we have prayed for this. My wife saw the listing within an hour after it was posted. Our realtor got us in there at 11:00 AM the next morning. I immediately put in an offer $25,000 over the asking price with another $25,000 reserve to bid. We didn't use all the bidding allowance up, but we wanted it, and got it within 3 days of viewing it. Fortunately the asking price was pretty reasonable for the current market, much better than many of the properties we've looked at. I've already lost 3 properties for different reasons, but not one of them was anywhere near as good as this one is.

Unfortunately in this stupid real estate market you have to be aggressive, or you'll lose your option to come out on the top of the heap. I really hate how this real estate market is right now, but it doesn't show any signs so far of returning to the times when if you paid asking price, you owned it.

I was able to negotiate leaving the two air compressors and lines in both of the garages into the deal also, maybe an extra $1000 in my favor. Not a big deal, but at least I got something.

1984 Grand Prix

Old 05-15-2021, 11:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Congratulations on your new homestead. When you find that special house that checks off all the boxes, you just have to go for it like you did. The current market is just crazy and if you had waited a few days or made a low ball offer, someone else would be moving in. I moved to my present home about 5 years ago and it was on the market 4 hours before I made an offer at asking price. By the end of the day , it had 2 additional offers. We paid too much for it but it had almost everything we were looking for and we had been looking for over 2 years. Looks like you have a great set-up there and plenty of projects to keep you busy and out of trouble. Perfect place for someone who knows how to do things. Enjoy.

Old 05-17-2021, 08:09 AM
Senior Chief

The market is nuts, glad you found such a gem!

The 80 acre farm field very close to me sold. Then subdivided, and the smallest lots are 5 acres. One super energetic guy moves onto the land with a RV type camper even before the closing, puts in a driveway to said camper. Flagpole. Chicken coop and necessary fence for said critters. Shipping Container. Shed. No electric, but many nights of the entire neighborhood listening to his harbor freight spec generator screaming its guts out.

POOF! He's gone. Even takes down the flagpole, the mailbox, nothing left but a shed. Word has it that he found he didnt have the money to build, so they took off even more quickly than he arrived. I'm working on finding the real story. I kind of assumed that if you can pay $200K for 5 empty acres, you'd have done your homework on the cost of a house.

Odd.

64 F-85
72 4-4-2 Mondello's VO Twister II
84 Hurst/Olds #2449
87 Cutlass Salon
54 Olds 88 sedan
Old 05-17-2021, 09:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anonymous View Post
The market is nuts, glad you found such a gem!

The 80 acre farm field very close to me sold. Then subdivided, and the smallest lots are 5 acres. One super energetic guy moves onto the land with a RV type camper even before the closing, puts in a driveway to said camper. Flagpole. Chicken coop and necessary fence for said critters. Shipping Container. Shed. No electric, but many nights of the entire neighborhood listening to his harbor freight spec generator screaming its guts out.

POOF! He's gone. Even takes down the flagpole, the mailbox, nothing left but a shed. Word has it that he found he didnt have the money to build, so they took off even more quickly than he arrived. I'm working on finding the real story. I kind of assumed that if you can pay $200K for 5 empty acres, you'd have done your homework on the cost of a house.

Odd.
Have 10 remote acres here in NW Montana. Bad road and higher (snow) elevation dictate summer use. But remaining 10 acre parcels have sold like hotcakes, to out of staters wanting an escape property. So one of the newbies, he did the same thing. Except instead of a camper, was a construction trailer. To live in. Big flagpole. Behind his back we call him The Soverign Nation of Scott. He proudly proclaimed he was going to winter like that, until he built his cabin. He did succeed in mooching off a couple cabin owners to bum couches, I guess a tin box in arctic cold was too much. The dreamers are coming. It is like the dust bowl, or gold rush. Head west with dreams.

Old 05-17-2021, 10:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

And to Sirrotica, good for you chasing and getting your dream. Beautiful place. I have a 110 YO house and I love the old tanks. You confirm the Real Estate scene, it is crazy many places. Here too. House sales are auctions now. You were smart, want it, play hardball. I just finalized my new land in New Mexico, and thinking I am nuts, tackling an infrastructure / dwelling project at this age. Yours is beautiful, enjoy!

Old 05-17-2021, 10:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Great place. Now you need small kubota, a two post lift, welders, oxy/acetylene and plasma cutter, big air compressor, blasting cabinet, and a couple of big tool chests full of tools. You may have all of this stuff already.

Old 05-17-2021, 11:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats! You did better than good in this market. Nicely acquired and hope you settle in and enjoy it as you envisioned!

Old 05-17-2021, 11:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61-63 View Post
Great place. Now you need small kubota, a two post lift, welders, oxy/acetylene and plasma cutter, big air compressor, blasting cabinet, and a couple of big tool chests full of tools. You may have all of this stuff already.
Going to buy a skid steer, and am currently looking for a used one. A two post 11-12,000 lb. asymmetrical lift will be installed shortly after we take possession. After 50 years of building race cars, and twisting wrenches for a living, I have every welder, and cutting outfit, and tool I need. I have my own air compressor currently, and I worked two air compressors that are on site into the deal when I bought the property.

I also have a 2 ton IH wrecker that I need to get completed, and on the road. But now instead of working in a overcrowded 2 car garage, and in my driveway, (wrecker won't fit in a 7 foot door in my current house) I can have everything under cover now.

There is a chicken coop there too, my wife would like to try her hand at raising chickens. They're also good at keeping ticks down, which we have plenty of in this area.

It will be an adventure, once we get into the home, I'm looking forward to it.

I would have been happy with one building, but got an unexpected bonus of two, and many outbuildings beside. This is why I was ready to pay up, and was determined to get the winning bid. Properties like this one don't come up very often, there is a reason we lost out on 3 others we bid on, God had other plans for us. I'm glad we didn't get the others, none would hold a candle to this property.

My real estate saleslady asked me how many garage doors were on the property after we toured it, I told her I had no idea , there are a lot of them......

I'll count them when we get moved in.......LOL

1984 Grand Prix

Old 05-17-2021, 11:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Beautiful find, almost exactly what we are looking for.. Wonderful lawn, property and buildings. I'd find myself spending way to much time manicuring that lawn instead of working on cars.
That's the kind of spread that the descendants will fight over

Old 05-17-2021, 12:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytrainer View Post
Sounds awesome. Congratulations!
Anyone have trouble seeing the pics? There’s a blank box where pic should be which is a link to IMGBB.com. I can see older pics but none of the ones in the original post? I tried on IPad and IPhone. Thanks
I have the same issue, but don't have the blank box. Apple Laptop.

But it sounds like a great place. Congrats!

1968 GTO (Thanks Mom)
2006 Silverado
2007 Cadillac SRX
2015 Chevy Express

Old 05-17-2021, 05:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Brad, I'm envious....a garage AND a pole barn. NOT fair....

Dr. Thomas Sowell