Old 04-10-2006, 02:25 AM
On Vacation

Send a message via AIM to Bryan Jensen

[QUOTE=Karch]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Jensen
You know what all??????

6.) One thing I am sick of seeing in our hobby is the failure of acceptance for the next generation of Pontiac lovers. You know why so many kids my age buy hondas or chevys??? The people who own them want to be open about their hobby!!! I swear, whenever I go to an all pontiac car show or a gtoaa meet...everyone thinks I shouldn't be there. I saw one guy at a show with a really neat 71 GT-37. I tried to ask him some questions about it and if it was original. Here I am with a pontiac hat, a GTO shirt...a binder of pictures of my car with my phs docs in my hand, and he tells me to buzz off and play with my other Honda friends. Like I'm just some stupid kid who doesn't know anything but to tie my own shoes. Well you know what??? I'm out there literally having to figure it out myself on my gto because you guys think that only the old geezers should be allowed in! Well guess what, believe it or not that's not going to scare me off. Just because I wasn't around when these cars were at their heyday doesn't mean I love them any less. But it really is the other people in this hobby that take the fun out of it. I stopped going to gtoaa chapter meetings because of just the general attitude towards me being the youngest member there, like I didn['t belong or that I wasn't worthwhile. So you know what??? I enjoy my Pontiac by myself!!! Which is upsetting to me because I like meeting up with other like minded people. But I'm sick of the attitude I get when I try to talk to "Mr. Pontiac" about a 428 YH code engine, and he trieds to downplay whatever I say. So I stay away, son't go to car shows and whorde all my knowledge and Pontiac parts to myself. You guys are losing a real asset to the hobby if you make me feel that way.

Have you been getting lessons from Uncle Brucie?
There isn't only 1 GT-37, and who said it was where I lived. Try using some logical reasoning here

Old 04-10-2006, 02:30 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Bryan.. You might want to check out the Business / Exchange section.......... Good Luck.. Your going to need it...

Last edited by Brian D'Amico; 04-10-2006 at 02:53 AM.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:49 AM

Now Bryan, your realy making me feel sorry for you. You poor little con artist--cost me alot of money Bryan with all your bullsh*t.

Old 04-10-2006, 06:58 AM
Suspended

What a bunch of crap.

Old 04-10-2006, 07:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yup, he looks like a straight arrow uh?

Old 04-10-2006, 09:47 AM
On Vacation

Quote:
1.) I see a big issue here in the fact that we're going off of the infamous "he said she said" analysis.
You are incorrect bryan. It is called personal experience also known as references in the business world.

Quote:
2.) I am an honest businessman, enough said. I do what I can to help others, the problem is I'm only human. Not everyone is going to like me, and not everyone is going to get along with me, either.
You are not honest. If you were, the people on this board that have had sucessful business transactions with one another, would not be wondering where their $130 is at or why they were over charged significantly for shipping, or why they were not given the correct merchandise. You are right that not everyone is going to like you, but a mass majority from this board doesn't.

Quote:
3.) Have I ever tried to be a "con artist" as you say??? I've tried to be a loyal asset to the PY boards...and while I know I probably know absolutely know nothing about anything...it doesn't mean I can't make some mistakes and correct myself from that.
You are not loyal.
How did you correct with selling Baron an incorrectly described carb?
How did you correct yourself with 66 GTO trying to sell him a car that you said you had at your house?
How did you correct yourself with overcharging freigth on a distributor?
Did you ever thank Kurt for donating to start your business?
How did you correct yourself for flopping on the headers?

Quote:
4.) You need to realize that I really do like Pontiacs. It's all I like. It's my passion, I wak up in the morning and it's all I can really think about.
If pontiacs are your passion, you are the first Pontiac Enthusiast that is not worth knowing or mentioning.

Quote:
5.) Mabye I come off as arrogant or stupid, but mabye that's how I come across. I can't change that overnight.
We deal with arrogance and stupidity on this board daily. It is why we are here and ask the questions we do. We don't care to deal with a con artist. That is the issue here.

Quote:
6.) One thing I am sick of seeing in our hobby is the failure of acceptance for the next generation of Pontiac lovers. You know why so many kids my age buy hondas or chevys??? The people who own them want to be open about their hobby!!! I swear, whenever I go to an all pontiac car show or a gtoaa meet...everyone thinks I shouldn't be there. I saw one guy at a show with a really neat 71 GT-37. I tried to ask him some questions about it and if it was original. Here I am with a pontiac hat, a GTO shirt...a binder of pictures of my car with my phs docs in my hand, and he tells me to buzz off and play with my other Honda friends. Like I'm just some stupid kid who doesn't know anything but to tie my own shoes. Well you know what??? I'm out there literally having to figure it out myself on my gto because you guys think that only the old geezers should be allowed in! Well guess what, believe it or not that's not going to scare me off. Just because I wasn't around when these cars were at their heyday doesn't mean I love them any less. But it really is the other people in this hobby that take the fun out of it. I stopped going to gtoaa chapter meetings because of just the general attitude towards me being the youngest member there, like I didn['t belong or that I wasn't worthwhile. So you know what??? I enjoy my Pontiac by myself!!! Which is upsetting to me because I like meeting up with other like minded people. But I'm sick of the attitude I get when I try to talk to "Mr. Pontiac" about a 428 YH code engine, and he trieds to downplay whatever I say. So I stay away, son't go to car shows and whorde all my knowledge and Pontiac parts to myself. You guys are losing a real asset to the hobby if you make me feel that way.
It is not your age that people find wrong with you. I was your age going to a GTO swap meets, car shows, etc... I never had a person be rude to me. Even the "elderly man" that had his GTO out.

Quote:
7.) Con artist??? How have I ever been a con artist??? And how is 600 bucks unreasonable??? You want a car? Go find it yourself. I'm a full time student . I take time out of my day to go and find this stuff for other people out of the kindness I have, but I can't do it for free either. I have a GTO that I am literally paying for out of pocket now...and I have bills to pay on it. And I think for that, 600 is fair. I describe everything I sell or try to sell, and I do my best to my knowledge to help anybody with a Pontiac to make them happy. Yes, I'm in it for the money but I enjoy this hobby as well.
I didn't complain about the finders fee up front, because I knew it was going into your car. I personally would only ask for a dinner sometime for a finders fee, but 600 dollars is really being rediculous. That is 9% of the overall price of the car! What I have a problem with is I am paying that much money for a service that once we struck a deal, you say, "uh my dad is now interested in the car". I am still in college, work full time, and I am trying to run a household with a mortgage. If you want to play the song and dance game, we can all join you. We do not pitty you. Welcome to the real world.

Quote:
I don't need to explain myself anymore. But I'm almost to the point where I'd rather be a Pontiac guy who whordes all the Pontiac parts I have to myself, anything about my car, or any help I can give...and say get lost. I really enjoy anything Pontiac, but some of you guys really take the enjoyment out of it.
And people like you take the enjoyment out of it for us too. You would only be doing yourself a favor whording all the pontiac parts you have. From the sounds of it, it is all crap.

Old 04-10-2006, 10:00 AM

Bryan,

I really don’t know what you are talking about. I’m young too, (21 in 24 days, not that I’m counting) but people have always been helpful to me when I have questions. You have to remember that you may have a forty year old car, but these people were driving them new from the dealer’s lot. Like my mother and her 69 Camaro. When I first got my car at 17, it took me a month to figure out how to lock the doors. Who knew you have to hold the button down when you close the door? Not me, wrong generation. It all depends on the attitude you have when you talk to people. Ask them intelligent questions, listen, and wait for them to finish. Don’t demand or expect anything, but respect the fact that they have more knowledge then we will ever have. Your attitude will take you far, and from your rant above, I think you have the wrong one.

Old 04-10-2006, 06:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Hmmm

...little Bryan mentioned he no longer goes to his local GTOAA meetings ("I stopped going to gtoaa chapter meetings because of just the general attitude towards me being the youngest member there, like I didn['t belong or that I wasn't worthwhile."). Could it be that he tried pulling the same crap with thos folks and they are tired of it as we are? Hmmmmm....anyone see a pattern developing here?

Old 04-10-2006, 07:18 PM
On Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbub
...little Bryan mentioned he no longer goes to his local GTOAA meetings ("I stopped going to gtoaa chapter meetings because of just the general attitude towards me being the youngest member there, like I didn['t belong or that I wasn't worthwhile."). Could it be that he tried pulling the same crap with thos folks and they are tired of it as we are? Hmmmmm....anyone see a pattern developing here?
Shut up old man. You think you know everything? Well I am 25 and I know more than you.

Old 04-10-2006, 07:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default smart boy!

Respect your elders, Rzrektd!
(damn...how you'd know I was gonna be 40)

Old 04-11-2006, 08:20 PM

Yea, I'll be 21 on June 2nd, and I love the hobby. It took a lot of work to buy my 75 trans am/66 lemans/97 formula, and the ta and lemans still need a lot of work! If I need help with them the FIRST place I'd come is to this forum because I think the people here (in general) are the nicest, friendliest, people who will give you good sound advise with no BS. They are true pontiac enthusiasts who have a respect for others who are sincerely into the hobby. Oh, and if you have ever worked in a shop... you would know that respect is earned, and that you get harassed everyday until you prove yourself. You start at the bottom of the barrell and work your way up, the cockier you are the longer you stay at the bottom. I guess that'd go for any other profession too.