Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2020, 05:20 PM

Default 68 GTO w/Quadrajet

68 GTO with Original carb that had been messed with and choke linkages bent all to hell so I got a rebuild kit and new choke pieces and had it rebuilt. Choke rod seems to hang up and causing choke not to function. Carb idles different every time u run it and driving me nuts. Nothing seems to make a difference and been messing with it for 4 days now. I'm leaning towards replacing carb cause its been messed with to much in the past. I like the Edelbrock carb but car has ram air pans on it and I want to keep them on. I don't know if a performer intake and Ebrock carb is same height as stock intake and carb. Would even be willing to run a spacer plate on ebrock carb and keep original intake if it would fit. I had a 71 GTO and ran same combo of ebrock intake and carb and could only put a small air cleaner on as anything else was hitting on throttle cable bracket. Any suggestions