Old 07-31-2020, 02:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Nightmare timing chains.

Does anyone know if they start out life as a Rollermaster or a Cloyes ? Or are they some other brand ?
Interested in their set with the bronze thrust plate, .005 shorter and their matching thinner cam plate that is hardened with the extra oil grove.
I hope they are a Cloyes. If you look at a closeup of the crank gear it does not look like the Rollermaster crank gear I have.

Old 07-31-2020, 09:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I would give them a call to verify brand if that's the goal. I went to their site and made the pic as large as I could. I could not determine for sure what it is. The crank gear does look like a Cloyes. I say this because I could read the 3112 part number on the gear which is a Cloyes Pontiac number. The chain didn't have the typical IWIS markings on the links. But Cloyes does use a few different suppliers for chain. The best was the IWIS Z series chain, which this chain isn't. But possibly they have even a better one now. I would get the scoop direct from the vendor. BTW, really like the PRO series thrust plate. Very durable.

Old 07-31-2020, 10:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The top gear has a number on it too. 5312AX. And there are some markings on the links but I can make them out. I agree though about calling Nightmare. They have been good to talk to before for me.

Old 07-31-2020, 02:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They are Rollermasters to start out with.