Old 06-05-2018, 08:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Street Outlaws

Noticed on the show last night everyone did a segment on their cars and especially engines, all except Chief. All he did was complain about his engine.
Sounded like all the other guys are now promoting parts and suppliers, even had banners in their shops in camera view.

Wonder why Chief said nothing about his set up? You saw the Butler valve cover but that was it. You'd think running for the #1 spot week in week out against those 500-700 cu in engines would warrant some comments on his set up. Kicking their butts with a lowly Pontiac and all.

I saw his new Aluminum bare block at Butler back in January, but never heard anything more on it.

Old 06-05-2018, 08:55 AM
Suspended

Who?

Old 06-05-2018, 09:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I know what you mean about promoting their stuff.They werent too happy with him not finishing it before 3am. The previews of next week it looks like the camaro is out front a little so unless he spins or something the chiefs gto looks like a loss.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:45 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott70 View Post
I know what you mean about promoting their stuff.They werent too happy with him not finishing it before 3am. The previews of next week it looks like the camaro is out front a little so unless he spins or something the chiefs gto looks like a loss.
Chiefs car is now the one that’s under powered........480 cubes and e-heads ain’t going to get it anymore. All most all of the cars are twin turbo and big cu. JMO

GTO George

Old 06-05-2018, 09:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Maybe he was unhappy with the issues he was having. Anyone know what happened to the CV1 engine?

Old 06-05-2018, 10:10 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
Maybe he was unhappy with the issues he was having. Anyone know what happened to the CV1 engine?
Oh DAMN...........here we go again!

GTO George

Old 06-05-2018, 10:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Oh DAMN...........here we go again!

GTO George
Lol.....wasn't like three years ago they went to dinner and completed the deal?

Old 06-05-2018, 10:16 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Lol.....wasn't like three years ago they went to dinner and completed the deal?
He’s had some ups and downs since then.......life is that way.

GTO George

Old 06-05-2018, 10:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
He’s had some ups and downs since then.......life is that way.

GTO George
I understand...... but did that effect the new mill getting done?

Old 06-05-2018, 10:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Chiefs car is now the one that’s under powered........480 cubes and e-heads ain’t going to get it anymore. All most all of the cars are twin turbo and big cu. JMO

GTO George
I thought he did a good job of trying to run his bye and get back for cool down and make the pass. He even drove back with the chutes still out to save time.
For 10 grand he did the right thing. They can't pin it all on him since just one run done better by anyone earlier could have saved time.

As far as power, I don't see anyone putting all that power to use on that street, at some point on the street it becomes a balance. His car all along has had the right amount of power for the application. One reason why he, Ryan and Chuck are so consistent, while the big guns are hit and miss.
Just wished he'd plugged his Pontiac build like everyone else did.

Old 06-05-2018, 10:26 AM
Suspended

Quote:
I understand...... but did that effect the new mill getting done?
We’ll never know BUT he better take that next step up, if he wants to stay on top.

GTO George

Old 06-05-2018, 10:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Let me start by saying I do not watch the show. The problem is almost every time someone says CV-1 a chit storm happens. From my limited understanding, if his CV-1 top end is not done it is just about done. I am sure Bill, or Jim could tell everyone exactly where the CV-1 top end stands and even post some pictures. But based on past events here why would they want to?

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 06-05-2018, 11:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
We’ll never know BUT he better take that next step up, if he wants to stay on top.

GTO George
I agree. I think it's great that it took the other guys five years and far superior equipment to catch up. A better set of heads (if there is such a thing ) might keep him out in front for a few more years.

Old 06-05-2018, 11:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Let me start by saying I do not watch the show. The problem is almost every time someone says CV-1 a chit storm happens. From my limited understanding, if his CV-1 top end is not done it is just about done. I am sure Bill, or Jim could tell everyone exactly where the CV-1 top end stands and even post some pictures. But based on past events here why would they want to?

Stan
Good points Stan, I don't know what the deal is with the new top end, that's why i asked. To stay competitive stuff needs to happen fast. One reason I'd think they (CV1 guys) might want to make an update is they used this forum to announce that Chief was going to run their heads.

Old 06-05-2018, 11:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I agree. I think it's great that it took the other guys five years and far superior equipment to catch up. A better set of heads (if there is such a thing ) might keep him out in front for a few more years.
Maybe move from a standard port E-head to a wide port...that will probably put him from quickest on the street to untouchable!

Old 06-05-2018, 11:38 AM
Senior Chief

What about the other RAV heads out there, DCI and McCarty RAV. You think they would look at them, or maybe they have and decided to use CV-1's.

Old 06-05-2018, 11:39 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Goat1 View Post
Maybe move from a standard port E-head to a wide port...that will probably put him from quickest on the street to untouchable!
That would be better.....also a larger engine 482 aint getting it done, its not the 1990's anymore.

GTO George

Old 06-05-2018, 11:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=GTOGEORGE;5890626]He’s had some ups and downs since then.......life is that way.

GTO George

Well according to the pic I posted from 5-9-17 Big Chief already had his CV-1 Heads,valve covers,and Tunnel Ram so if that was going to happen imagine I would imagine with Chiefs work ethic it would already have happened!
That was long before his "life s*it happened" it's too bad the CV Folks might have missed a golden opportunity!
I hope that's not the case.....The CV heads are out there without a doubt going to be used out there!!!I still don't understand why it takes so long to get something done but I guess it happens every now and then. Hope whatever avenue Chief travels he has sucsess! Knowing his work ethic....he will make it happen!!!Pontiac Powered and all!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	484690  

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.890@157.08 MPH in Iowa in June’23 ,157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23

Last edited by S/st 54; 06-05-2018 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Chief has more then enough power for the street racing that he does...

I bet he sticks to what hes got.... He's gone high 3's! haha

You not going that fast on the street!

Old 06-05-2018, 02:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Quote:
That would be better.....also a larger engine 482 aint getting it done, its not the 1990's anymore.

GTO George
But he would still have to put the power down. Right now he has the power and the data to stay at the top because he can make consistent passes.. Look at the struggles Doc has had since he went bigger and lighter.

That said, I'm sure he has plans for the upgrades, calling it a "Junk car" and a "junk motor"...