Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 02:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"...best to know why you were banned before or it will just happen again."

Yeah, that would be a REAL good thing to know. But, since you can't talk to ANYONE at FB by phone, or chat with anyone at FB online, or communicate with anyone at FB in any way, how on earth could I ever find out what I did that caused me to be blocked ???????

It's REAL irritating !!!!

"...g-mail account..."

Yeah, I've got gmail, yahoo, & proton, for sure. But I've already used those for my 2 FB pages. So, I thought that maybe if I can use a different Email address, a slightly different name, & my sister's mailing address, just maybe FB marketplace won't recognize me & block me or delete the page. If so, I can use the new page to at least connect with other FB pages. Maybe as long as I don't post any ads I can continue to use the page, & even check and buy stuff on Marketplace pages..

Marketplace now has just about a complete monopoly on personal for sale ads. My CL ads get very little response, nowadays. So, FB runs things exactly like they want to & there is not one single thing anybody can do about it. They don't have to communicate with users & they have enuff users so that they don't care if a lot of 'em quit using FB. I could quit, like many here have done. But, that would eliminate my access to friends FB pages & the for sale ads.

Last edited by ponyakr; 07-19-2021 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-20-2021, 03:11 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Not the best help but I will try. Somewhat surprised you can't contact FB in any way. I don't FB but it just seems odd there is no support for issues concerning an account.
Are you sure???

How they may be identifying you is your IP address, 'internet protocol address', "an identifying number that is associated with a specific computer or computer network".

Have you tried a Hotmail account? If you need to confirm a code that's sent, provide a friends phone number, have them confirm or e-mail you the code to be entered.

I feel bad for you, as mentioned I don't have one but to loose your FB account must be horrifying, you need to figure out a way to rectify that problem, this is just a crutch.

Hope this helps, did you get the tab thingy fixed?

Frank

Last edited by 4zpeed; 07-20-2021 at 03:22 AM.
Old 07-20-2021, 06:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

"...Have you tried a Hotmail account?..."

What was Hotmail is now Outlook. I have/had an Outlook account, which I was using frequently. But I can't access it anymore. When I try to sign in, I get a notice saying "This site can't be reached".

https://outlook.live.com/owa/?ref=O365.Help

The GMX account did come thru. Got a notice saying I'd have to try again later. But, a message finally showed up on my gmail account saying that I do now have a GMX account. So, when my new 315 arrives I can use the GMX account to open a new FB page. Don't know if this plan will work, or not.

"...Are you sure???..."

Not sure of anything concerning FB. But, I've Googled it. Everybody seems to have the same problem. Can't actually contact a human in order to resolve a problem. They have a "help center", which is basically NO help. All I can find out is that accounts are locked or disabled for violating some FB policy, & they mention a few that it could be, but never mention exactly what you did that caused it to be locked. Basically you're at their mercy & there is really nothing you can do that will cause them to respond to you or help you get your account restored. It seems that their attitude is that they are doing you a huge favor if they allow you to use FB.

https://tenor.com/view/stephanie-tan...d-gif-13802561

"...did you get the tab thingy fixed?..."

No. Can open a 2nd tab & use it. Then, when I go back to the 1st tab, the 2nd one is locked until I close the 1st tab. Can continue to open a new tab, from the 1st one. But, each new one is locked, after it's first use. I'm use to that now. So, I just move the new tabs down to the bottom of the screen & put each new one on top of the last one that was locked. Works OK, now that I'm use to it. I assume this is only a problem with this particular device, since my older Chromebook doesn't have this problem. This is another reason for buying the new 315.

Hey, I don't know if opening a new page will allow me to access Marketplace & related pages, or not. But, it's worth a shot. Cause that's where most of the ads for used stuff are. It may cause me to be banned from FB for life. But hey, I lived a long time without FB. I'll survive.

Last edited by ponyakr; 07-20-2021 at 07:12 AM.
Old 07-20-2021, 07:23 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Can you access this page, it's the log in page for Outlook? https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=...obrandid=90015

Might be a stupid question but can you have more than one FB account?

How about someone else making a FB account for you to sign in?

Frank

Old 07-20-2021, 10:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4zpeed View Post
Can you access this page, it's the log in page for Outlook? https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=...obrandid=90015
Here's what I get when I click on that link.

" This site can’t be reached "

"...Might be a stupid question but can you have more than one FB account?.."

I had 2 until a day or so ago. I've run across several who had more than one. I suppose it's possible that somebody could have more than one & FB just did not catch it. Don't know the FB rules. I think it's whatever they want 'em to be, in a particular situation.

"...How about someone else making a FB account for you to sign in?"

Don't know about that. I suppose it would work, as long as that page did not get locked or deleted. Might work if you can get someone to do that for you, who don't wanna be on FB themselves, therefore don't care whether the page gets locked or not.

So, with that said, anybody here who is not on FB & don't wanna be, willing to open a page I can use ???

Old 07-20-2021, 10:19 PM

Chrome update has buggered the system. https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/0...-a-china-shop/

Old 07-21-2021, 08:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Get an apple, I don’t even buy a computer anymore, I use their iPad and fone, their linked together. Flawless.

Old 07-21-2021, 11:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by burd View Post
Get an apple, I don’t even buy a computer anymore, I use their iPad and fone, their linked together. Flawless.
That's not even an option. I don't have a smart phone & don't plan to get one. A properly working Chromebook does everything I need a computer to do. And they are very simple to operate. And they are less subject to viruses & the other problems that regular laptops have. I had an HP laptop for several years. These Acer Chromebooks I have are MUCH better, for my purposes, than that HP.

Just hope the Acer 315 works as good for me as these older models have. Maybe it will at least allow me to be able to access Marketplace sites.

Old 07-22-2021, 01:55 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You need to find out why the your FB profile was banned in the first place, someone hack your account? Someone using your name? Or did you just unknowingly break a rule? There has to be a way to correspond with the FB support system. If you don't find the cause/accident, you could continue to get blocked regardless of who's profile your on. Ever see Catfish, the movie? People pretend to be someone else all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyakr View Post
Here's what I get when I click on that link.

" This site can’t be reached "
I would contact support, they will certainly reply, at the very least you'll know what the issue is with your Outlook account

Quote:
So, with that said, anybody here who is not on FB & don't wanna be, willing to open a page I can use ???

Frank

Old 07-22-2021, 08:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

"You need to find out why the your FB profile was banned in the first place..."

Yeah, that would be great.

"...I would contact support, they will certainly reply..."

So, are you saying that you have contacted "support" & actually got a response from a living person ?

That would be great if all I had to do was ask a FB employee why I was blocked & how to get reinstated. It makes common sense to me that a large company would have people hired & trained to do this. But, it seems that FB don't really give a flip. From what I've been able to find out, there is no way to contact a living person & have them help you in any way.

But, if somebody here knows of a way, by all means, please post that info !!!!!

I've Googled stuff like " Can I talk to a live person at FB ?" Many others have also done so. Here's a response one person got from that question.

"Facebook Help Team

Hi Kimberly,

Welcome to the Community.

Facebook doesn't offer a phone number for support.

If you have a question, please share it with the Community through this channel..."

Last edited by ponyakr; 07-22-2021 at 08:19 AM.
Old 07-22-2021, 02:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

If you don't know the rules it's kinda hard to follow them, I realize there's probably thousands but generally you shouldn't get banned for nothing. Problem is, you got banned from Marketplace and then used your older Chromebook instead of finding out why, that was seen as skirting the rules and you got banned from FB altogether.

It says you can click on "Report a problem", and another menu will pop up that features two clickable options: "Help us improve the new Facebook" and "Something went wrong", to fill out a short form outlining your complaint. I would take the time to that if that's the only way to explain the problem and what initiated the entire event.

If you don't want to "Report the problem" or use the "Help Community" option to ask questions, I guess you just keep making new accounts or use someone else's. I can make an account for you to use, and when it gets banned we'll both have a good idea why, eventually you may have to inquire about the original issue that started it all.

Frank

Old 07-22-2021, 03:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm not banned from FB altogether. I can still use my newer Chromebook to access my newer FB page & other FB pages. But I just can't go to Marketplace or any local FB page that's connected with Marketplace. In other words, I can't post any ads or see any ads that others have posted, on any Marketplace connected page.

The old page which was connected to my older Chromebook has been completely disabled. Can't use it at all.

"...It says you can click on "Report a problem", and another menu will pop up that features two clickable options: "Help us improve the new Facebook" and "Something went wrong", to fill out a short form outlining your complaint. I would take the time to that if that's the only way to explain the problem and what initiated the entire event..."

So, exactly what is this "It" you mentioned, where I can go to click on "Report a problem".

Sorry, I just have no idea where to go to click for the FB info you mentioned.

So, are you talkin about some FB info page, of some sort ? A link to that site might be helpful.

My new Acer 315 Chromebook has arrived. Not sure yet exactly how to try to get access to Marketplace sites again. My sister don't use FB. So, I'm sure she'd let me open a page in her name. That would gain me access to all the Marketplace related sites. I could shop & BUY.

But, I don't know if I could sell without getting banned, or not. Just don't know what I did wrong before. I suppose it MAY have been that I posted the ads on too many local sites. The posted limit was 20, IIRC. Your ad listing prompts you to list your ad in more places. So, I usually clicked on at least 20 sites total. After I reached the limit, it would no longer let me add any more sites, even when I clicked on another one. Surely I wasn't banned for just clicking on too many sites.

Last edited by ponyakr; 07-22-2021 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-22-2021, 06:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
"...It says you can click on "Report a problem", and another menu will pop up that features two clickable options: "Help us improve the new Facebook" and "Something went wrong", to fill out a short form outlining your complaint. I would take the time to that if that's the only way to explain the problem and what initiated the entire event..."
Quote:
So, exactly what is this "It" you mentioned, where I can go to click on "Report a problem".

Sorry, I just have no idea where to go to click for the FB info you mentioned.

So, are you talkin about some FB info page, of some sort ? A link to that site might be helpful.
Sorry about that your right, I should have inserted a link, here it is, https://www.businessinsider.com/how-...t-other-issues

Look about halfway down the page under this heading in bold, How to contact Facebook customer support.

Starts out saying to sign in to your account, then goes into the instructions I copied and pasted, hope this helps.

I trust you and don't have a issue making an account for you to use but if you don't find the cause, it may not last.

Frank

Old 07-22-2021, 06:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow ! Just opened a new FB page in my sister's name. And before I could come up with a pic of her to put at the top, the account was disabled. And I can't use this Chromebook to access any FB page.

Maybe it's the IP address of our WiFI connection that's triggering stuff. I'll post this, then get back on my other Chromebook that was still able to get non-Marketplace related pages & see if it still can.

Yes, this Chromebook can still access non-Marketplace related FB pages.

Last edited by ponyakr; 07-22-2021 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-22-2021, 07:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

So, I sent a message to FB as mentioned above.

I figure they'll never even acknowledge that they got my message, much less tell me what I did wrong.

Went to the Help Community. A guy posted that he'd been locked out of Marketplace for 3 weeks, without a reply to his review request. Another guy posted "Me too".

The next post says " This question has been closed ". Those at FB very obviously don't care that you're locked out, & aren't going to tell you WHY you were locked out. You'll just get a message that you've violated FB policies.

This site seems to be saying that it's easy to contact FB & get your access restored. This has got to be false info, since so many have got locked out & can't get back in.

https://www.techjaadu.com/blog/unblo...e-on-facebook/

Last edited by ponyakr; 07-22-2021 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-22-2021, 07:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Maybe it's the IP address of our WiFI connection that's triggering stuff. I'll post this, then get back on my other Chromebook that was still able to get non-Marketplace related pages & see if it still can.

Yes, this Chromebook can still access non-Marketplace related FB pages.
Quote:
How they may be identifying you is your IP address, 'internet protocol address', "an identifying number that is associated with a specific computer or computer network".
But it wont be long before they identify that computer as well, being that your using it from the same location, it will have a similar IP addy, maybe only one number off.

It will be considered the same network. Now if you have your internet uninstalled and reinstalled you would get a different phone/IP number, but would FB notice?

Not if you were to change your account info. For someone using a phone it would seem allot easier, all that's necessary is a phone change and separate account info.

That's why I mentioned the IP addy earlier, even if you post on another account they will most likely identify and flag it for inquiry, once they see the content, the gigs up.

Frank

Edit- Just seen this post after what I posted above.
Quote:
This site seems to be saying that it's easy to contact FB & get your access restored. This has got to be false info, since so many have got locked out & can't get back in.

https://www.techjaadu.com/blog/unblo...e-on-facebook/
Read it thoroughly and try what they suggest, don't give up, some people try once and quit, don't quit!

You are smart enough to ask questions and get help, others may not have the means or perseverance.

Frank

Last edited by 4zpeed; 07-22-2021 at 07:52 PM.
Old 07-22-2021, 10:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's a quote from that article.

"...You can easily get unblocked from Facebook marketplace. Especially, when you have not done anything against policies. Most of the time, the Facebook marketplace blocked your account for violating terms of services. If it was so then you have to raise a claim to know what exactly you have done wrong. Moreover, you can ask executives to unlock your account if it was locked because of the wrong reason...."

"...You can easily get unblocked from Facebook marketplace..."

Surely they don't expect anybody to believe that !

"...you can ask executives to unlock your account..."

How on earth are you gonna contact any "executives" at FB, when you can't even talk to a peon ?

That article seems to indicate that it's no problem at all contacting people at FB who can & will unlock your account. I and apparently MANY others have not found it to be that way.

"...Facebook has also proved round the clock support for its marketplace users..."

Yeah, right !

Old 07-23-2021, 04:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'm blocked from doing something on Facebook, like posting, sharing or commenting.

We may block people from doing something on Facebook when:
* Something you posted or shared seems suspicious or abusive to our security systems.
* Messages or friend requests you sent were marked unwelcome.
* You've done something that doesn't follow our Community Standards.
The length of a block depends on the severity of the violation and your history on Facebook.

About Our Policies
Account Info - Can I create multiple Facebook accounts - Facebook is a community where people use their authentic identities. It's against the Facebook Community Standards to maintain more than one personal account.

The underlined portion above is a link on the page.

The point I'm trying to make here is one problem can be exasperated by other infractions like using another computer to access your marketplace tools. Your initial problem was just with market place if I'm not mistaken.
I see they typically punish someone for minor infractions for a limited time. "The length of a block depends on the severity of the violation and your history on Facebook."
Your best option at that time would have been to read and follow the suggestions outlined. I got the above info from this page, https://www.facebook.com/help

*We understand that you may have had good intentions or may have not known about our policies on acceptable behavior, and we also understand that this block can be frustrating. To help keep Facebook open and welcoming, we try to prevent people from unintentionally misusing Facebook, even if you felt that what you did was acceptable.*

It's entirely likely someone reported you for having too many adds or something similar to that causing you to be flagged. From what I read that's possible and might have been easily rectified early on, but now things have sort of snowballed as you've tried to continue to use the FB services.

Here is a page that may be of interest, https://www.wikihow.com/Contact-Facebook

It contains -
Reporting A Problem on Facebook
Using Facebook Resources
Submitting an Appeal for a Disabled Account
Recovering Your Password ----- Creating a New Account

Seen this in the Community Q&A, Does Facebook offer live chat for customer support?
In general, no. However, if you use Facebook ads and have an active ad account, you can get live chat support by going to facebook.com/business/help and scrolling down to the section labeled “Still need help?” There, you’ll see options to chat live or send an email to support.

I don't know how you make a add or what's required but you might be able to offer some kind of service, may be worth looking at just to have a avenue to live chat.

Since there has obviously been several infractions after the initial one it's hard to tell what kind of punishment they wish to bestow upon you. There may be more than one entity involved in the situation since you can't even use Outlook. The last option if you don't want to deal with the process would be to just create a new FB account, but you would have to more than likely change your IP number and all the associated information. You could probably still use your name, but related phone numbers and e-mail contact info etc. would have to change. The rules say you cannot have more than one account, I did not see where it says you cannot create a new one!

You may want to consider deleting your FB account while you still have access to it, then create a new one, just to be safe, use different contact info as suggested.

How do I permanently delete my Facebook account? - https://www.facebook.com/help/224562897555674/

Frank

Old 07-23-2021, 05:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, as of right now, I can use this Chromebook to access any FB page not associated with Marketplace. It's the 2nd Acer Chromebook I bought.

Right now, I can't access ANY FB page, at all, with either the 1st or 3rd Acer Chromebook I bought. I'll name 'em #1, #2, & #3, for the order in which they were bought.

So, at this time, I'd rather let things cool off a bit, while still being able to use FB, except for Marketplace sites, than to take a chance on losing all access to FB.

So, I'll use the other Chromebooks #1 & #3 for everything else & use #2 mostly just for the FB pages I can access.

I love to buy from Amazon. They don't always have the best price on an item. But they have the best customer service of any big company I've ever dealt with. Any problem you have, you can call the number & talk to a live person without a long wait. And that person can usually fix your problem QUICK. I figure that's how they have become so big. Customers love good customer service.

If FB actually had any serious competition, they'd have to increase customer service drastically, or they'd lose all their business to a competitor which did have good customer service. But, they have no competition, therefore they see absolutely no reason to upgrade customer service. Sad but true.

Old 07-23-2021, 09:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
So, at this time, I'd rather let things cool off a bit, while still being able to use FB, except for Marketplace sites, than to take a chance on losing all access to FB.
That's a good idea, even if you don't get a reply they may reinstate your ability to use marketplace after a period, especially since it wasn't some kind of flagrant violation.

To be fair, and don't get me wrong, I'm not a FB proponent, they offer a (free) venue and platform available to the average person, which in all honesty works remarkably well for most people without issues, after all, by your own admission you've happily used it for many years and would miss it terribly if it were to be, no longer available.

Best of luck!
Frank