Old 03-26-2002, 02:41 AM

Does anyone know where I could find replacement studs for the 8 Lug aluminum drums? I have checked PY and Ames and they don't have them. I have also checked with Pontiac and got a GM part number but it's been discontinued since 1983.
None of the parts stores in my area have them either. The problem seems to be matching the offset head on the stud. Also, are the front studs different from the rear? I have only looked at the rear drums. The 8 Lug Drums are 1964 vintage. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 03-26-2002, 02:41 AM

Does anyone know where I could find replacement studs for the 8 Lug aluminum drums? I have checked PY and Ames and they don't have them. I have also checked with Pontiac and got a GM part number but it's been discontinued since 1983.
None of the parts stores in my area have them either. The problem seems to be matching the offset head on the stud. Also, are the front studs different from the rear? I have only looked at the rear drums. The 8 Lug Drums are 1964 vintage. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 03-26-2002, 01:10 PM
Bonker's-T-Cat Moderator

Best bet is to get a tosted drum and get one from it. Been there ended up doing that!
The drums vary only in the fin legnth. The earlies have shorter fins. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2002, 01:59 PM

Kevin,
try Custom Circuits, Roger Riehl is the guy you want to talk to. He relines and restores 8 lug drums. 607-265-3432 Also make sure the stud is left or right hand thread. In 64 I believe all had rt hand thread 63 had both. 63 and 64 drums are simular in appearence.

Old 03-26-2002, 02:26 PM

Jim gave the correct answer, "Custom Circuits Corp" (607) 265-3432. They sell, install and repair everything on the 8-lugs. They sent me ten pages of info and parts lists. According to that info: The 64 8-lugs have the long fins and right hand thread. The studs are 1/2"-20 thread, offset head, 5/16"shoulder 1-1/8" long. Good Luck!

Old 03-27-2002, 01:16 AM

Thanks everybody for the information. I will contact Custom Circuits tomorrow. - Kevin