Old 03-08-2002, 08:32 PM

My 65 Bonneville Conv.’s engine has a YG stamp on it. I was told that means its a Police package. What else came with the Police package? Any info on the YG thing would be appreciated...........

The car also came with the GP front and rear grill. I bought it from the original owner, a genuine little old lady in her 80’s named Phyllis. She said that her husband ordered it with the GP grills from a San Fran. dealership.

Old 03-08-2002, 08:32 PM

My 65 Bonneville Conv.’s engine has a YG stamp on it. I was told that means its a Police package. What else came with the Police package? Any info on the YG thing would be appreciated...........

The car also came with the GP front and rear grill. I bought it from the original owner, a genuine little old lady in her 80’s named Phyllis. She said that her husband ordered it with the GP grills from a San Fran. dealership.

Old 03-08-2002, 08:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Phylis, Seen one of your posts the other day but didnt have time to respond. I cant answer your engine question today as I am not home where my book is but someone wll step in soon. I noticed the GP grilles on your car dont believe I have ever seen a Boone with that. How sure are you it came that way? I have a 65 Cat convertible partially disassembled befoe repanting hopefully this month end. If you need any parts holler cause got a few extras and just bought a65 Gp I will be parting out soon.

Old 03-08-2002, 09:26 PM
Bonker's-T-Cat Moderator

According to my Quick check. Your Bonnie is kind of special with theTri-power.
338 horse 389 Automatic YG 10.75 compression 066 camshaft 77 head code 3X2 carb

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2002, 01:17 PM

Hey Bobcat, Regarding the grills, The seller, Phyllis, was very lucid for her age and before the strokes she had while I knew her. She told me that her husband had some connection at the S.F. Pontiac dealership. He wanted, and ordered the Bonneville with the G/P front and rear and with an optional 389 Tri-Power. I wish I could locate the invoice..... These folks were the only owners. They did not change anything on the car after purchase.

[ March 24, 2002: Message edited by: Phyllis1965 ]</p>

Old 03-24-2002, 08:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Phyliss, Thanks for the reply. I forgot that back in the good ole days you could order anything you wanted in a car. Today it is take what i have on the lot or go buy another brand of car that looks like this one does.