Old 04-04-2002, 01:56 AM

I am new to the forum and had a quick question. I know that 67-70 full-size brakes will work on my 66 GP, but where can I get rotors for this setup?
It seems that all the other parts are availible, but no one can get the rotors? Thanks in advance for your responses. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2002, 01:56 AM

I am new to the forum and had a quick question. I know that 67-70 full-size brakes will work on my 66 GP, but where can I get rotors for this setup?
It seems that all the other parts are availible, but no one can get the rotors? Thanks in advance for your responses. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2002, 09:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You are correct I havent found the rotors either. Luckily I dont need them but was going to put them on new with everything else. One guy told me he found them for $500 a pair but dont remember where Too rich for my blood. You will also need to switch to 15 inch disc wheels I found out late in the game as very few 14 are available for factory wheels.Might check old parts stores if you have any around

Old 04-04-2002, 01:38 PM
Bonker's-T-Cat Moderator

Keep checking your local junk yards! Buick and Olds may use tha same rotors.

Old 04-04-2002, 03:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nope, on the Olds-Burick interchange. Most big Buricks of this era had BIG alum drums anyway...

Unfortunately, this is why one needs to pay up for decent used disc changeovers with THICK rotors. With thick rotors, these changeovers are not available for giveaway prices.

Personally I'd like to see a lot of the more obscure disc rotors reproduced. Problem is the demand is too low, so it does not make good business sense. Currently, a good friend is trying to get the exact '67-early '70 A & F body "two piece" rotors repopped overseas. If that project goes through, maybe the door will be opened & other early rotors will be made.

Definitely ck your local NAPA's old parts books & see if there are any old parts store type listings of this rotor ('68 1/2-70 big Pontiac). There maybe an elusive old stock of these somewhere, & not for anywhere near $500 a pair. Good luck.

[ April 04, 2002: Message edited by: ol' Pinion head ]</p>

Old 04-04-2002, 10:01 PM

Has anyone use the kit availible from Master Power Brakes? The kit is pricey at $1300 , but with the price the used stuff is bringing it might not be a bad investment. I talked to one of their techs and he said I woulkd have to send in my spindles, steering knuckles, and the nuts and washer. He said the would machine the spindles to accept late model brake components. The kit comes with your spindles, rotor, calipers, bearings, seals, pads, backing plates, proportioning valve, booster, master,hoses, and the brake line to the master to the prop. valve. That seems like a complete kit to me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] and its all new or reman stuff. Talk about one stop shopping. The kit comes with a parts sheet so if you need parts you have the part #'s on hand. I would have to assume that the kit uses 77-96 B-body Heavy Duty 12 inch rotors, calipers are probally off a similar application. Sounds tempting when places want $500 for the 67-70 Pontiac rotors. I might have to save the money and invest in this one. Any opinions. Check out the website. Thanks for the imput.

Master Power Brakes

[ April 04, 2002: Message edited by: John Hill ]</p>