Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 11:30 PM

Thats what we are trying to find out......all we are going by is what GM is telling us. The orginial owner has passed away...but he has 2 daughters....we may try to contact them and ask them if they know. My step mom swears it is 1 of 6 cars.....and it was special order. Belive me im trying....im going wacko trying.....thank God for PROZAC...lol

Old 08-17-2006, 11:40 PM

All i know is this puppy runs very strong....i mean very strong.....it alittle scary to even drive it has so much power. It has special suspension front and rear....when you turn sharp the tires kinda chirp....while you turn. I assume posi rear end. We are awaiting a letter back from GM.....in fact they told us CONGRADULATIONS....we have all the ref #s from everyone we have talked to at GM.I wont stop till i get to the bottom of this. P.S. Now my hubby want me to work on the 49 ford pickup that has the orginial flat head V-8 and factory 4 speed manual.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looking at bottom of the invoice

24 167 is the delivered zone & dealer.
24 991 is the zone warehouse or zone office, thus the optional location.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:43 PM

Why should i look there.....

Old 08-17-2006, 11:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

redfiretop,

You are being very patient with a lot of guys/gals that sometimes do not show much restraint but have here.

The most important piece of documentation is what you have shown us and if you find the build sheet that could be anywhere in the car that would be also very important. It could be behind the rear seat/frontseat, under the rear cushion/front cushion, behind the water shield in the door panels and/or above the gas tank.

You may want to order from PHS a copy of the window sticker also. I didn't as I had the original for my car but understand they are pretty good.

Just keep the information coming. The more the better.

My car showed by the shipping document that it was delivered to Portland, OR to be delivered to me at by an independent prep company near the SEATAC airport and I bought it through a dealer in Kodiak, AK. Your document shows interesting delivery.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:48 PM

I posted the orginail built sheet but it came out blurry...I will try again.... to have a better pic.....I will have to do that tomorrow. I was saying on that built sheet....the # 3 is in the upper right hand cornor.....but the pic came out blurry my fault....

Old 08-17-2006, 11:54 PM

The orginal owner was very wealthy....he owned a brookhurst mills here in Riverside Ca. When he sold it to my step mom all his employes were trying to get this car.....even today there is still a employee that remembers this car. Ok we have a idea.....i will get back as soon i i find out something.....

Old 08-18-2006, 08:52 AM
Senior Chief

I've been following the thread as well and was wondering what is the option on the PHS in the RH column, 2nd to last??

Old 08-18-2006, 09:46 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot71
I've been following the thread as well and was wondering what is the option on the PHS in the RH column, 2nd to last??
I believe it's Heavy Duty Air Cleaner

Old 08-18-2006, 10:21 AM

How would I go about finding out what those parts are that are mounted to the firewall? Should I take it to a mechanic around here or to a Dealer?

Old 08-18-2006, 10:26 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Just go look at it see what lines or any thing that is connected to it and were they go to.

Old 08-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like the color is Antique Gold, code GG. Looks like is was used as part of the advertising collection as stated on the PHS sheet.

Not sure what the cannister near the battery is. I have seen rear leveling suspension cars and haven't seen that.

Looking forward to more info. on this car.

thepontiacman@yahoo.com

Old 08-18-2006, 10:36 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxeven
What is the color code? Looks like OO to me, or am I seeing things. Thought she said it gold.
Color code is GG, Gold/Gold...I blew up the buildsheet and can read the codes, just can't read the description for the codes.

Mike

Old 08-18-2006, 10:42 AM

Thanks for all your help guys.....I have 2 youngins so my time is alittle limited these days.....school starts monday. I will promise to do my best and look at thoses parts again....do you need any other pics of the engine? Let me know and it will be done. Once again thanks for all your help!!!

Old 08-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

When you began the thread two weeks ago, you mentioned people at GM telling you it was a special car and that they were sending you information. What, specifically, did they say? Still sounds like a mystery, and I think we are all curious.

Old 08-18-2006, 12:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfiretop
Thats what we are trying to find out......all we are going by is what GM is telling us. The orginial owner has passed away...but he has 2 daughters....we may try to contact them and ask them if they know. My step mom swears it is 1 of 6 cars.....and it was special order. Belive me im trying....im going wacko trying.....thank God for PROZAC...lol
Did PHS/GM tell you this was a 1 of 6 cars or was it your step mom? How did your step mom determine this was 1 of 6?

Old 08-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Looks like is was used as part of the advertising collection as stated on the PHS sheet.
That line on the PHS is for advertising money that the dealer pays on each car that they buy. It went to a regional advertising pool that bought media ads. It has nothing to do with how the car was used. It will be on every build sheet that goes to a dealer that participates in the regional advertising pool.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 08-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxeven
I believe it's Heavy Duty Air Cleaner

My bad.. I was thinking Heavy Duty Air Cylinder.....

Old 08-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Unhappy

Definitely NOT a 1 of 6, or 60, or 600, or even 6000!

It's your basic 370HP '69 SJ auto. Runs strong - yep. 1 of 6 - NOT!

Can't figure anything out on that firewall mounted deal, but could the reservoir mounted near the battery be an air horn reservoir? I'll bet it is, and NOT OEM.

Nice car, but nothing out of the ordinary.

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
Old 08-19-2006, 12:44 AM

OK folks.....I am just going by what GM told me.....not once not twice....but three GM confirmations. When I recieve the letter back from them i will post it for all to read. Whether it be good or bad.....how does that sound to you. We are just as courious as the next person. Thanks once again for all your help.....Red

Closed Thread