Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

If this car was used as part of the advertizing collection as someone here mentioned, then did GM ever use an Antique Gold GP for ad, etc? If so, I have never seen it. If so, someone tell me where or what advertizing ad to look, as I have access to many

Old 08-19-2006, 10:49 AM

Default Special JD Street car

I seen this gold car it was a John Delorean special prepped street car. Tanks were part of a rocket fuel injection system and connected to cruise system when under WOT maintained 7 G's of acceleration. HD air cleaner required due to over 5721 in/H2O of vaccuum. Difficulty of car wanting to take flight was a major problem. The other 5 cars were only jet fuel injection.
Was part of a Pontiac/NASA double TOP SECRET Apollo 69 project.
I was part of this project and now under a identity transfer protection program to Canada ......ibut as usual protocol if I release any other info. Will have to track down and kill everyone on this thread.

Really, really sorry guys ....but when I reached lower levels of patience....the lame a$$ comedian comes out in me.

No offence REDTOP......just building some more patience.

Old 08-19-2006, 11:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
If this car was used as part of the advertizing collection as someone here mentioned, then did GM ever use an Antique Gold GP for ad, etc? If so, I have never seen it. If so, someone tell me where or what advertizing ad to look, as I have access to many
Please read my previous post regarding the 'ad coll' line on the build sheet. It has nothing to do with an advertising collection.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 08-19-2006, 01:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiyak
I seen this gold car it was a John Delorean special prepped street car. Tanks were part of a rocket fuel injection system and connected to cruise system when under WOT maintained 7 G's of acceleration. HD air cleaner required due to over 5721 in/H2O of vaccuum. Difficulty of car wanting to take flight was a major problem. The other 5 cars were only jet fuel injection.
Was part of a Pontiac/NASA double TOP SECRET Apollo 69 project.
I was part of this project and now under a identity transfer protection program to Canada ......ibut as usual protocol if I release any other info. Will have to track down and kill everyone on this thread.

Really, really sorry guys ....but when I reached lower levels of patience....the lame a$$ comedian comes out in me.

No offence REDTOP......just building some more patience.
LOL, good one!

Old 08-19-2006, 01:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Apologies Jerry, I am trying to keep up with all of this and missed a few post.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:16 AM
Senior Chief

I mean no offense to redfiretop, but this story just makes my skeptic nerve vibrate like a banjo string.

For example....

"If you want GM number call info"

Given the complexity of GM's bureaucracy, thousands of phone numbers, and the common use of automated call menus, I find essentially inconceivable the idea that someone can get a single telephone number for GM from directory assistance, then drill all the way to someone with specific information about a single 37-year-old vehicle.

"I contacted GM and spoke to a man there and as we speak there is a few reps working on this."

When I was the fleet supervisor for a large police department, the airbags in a marked police unit failed to deploy when the unit, at speed, T-boned a Cadillac. It took three weeks and numerous emails and telephone conversations to prompt GM to finally have a field rep appear and provide an explanation satisfactory to allay our safety concerns.

Once again I find very hard to believe the claim of several factory reps working at divining the background and provenance of one 37-year-old car out of the millions manufactured by GM.

"We are awaiting a written confirmation response tomorrow."

This statement was made on August 14. It's now a week and a day later.

"you would not belive the different numbers i have been giving by GM....So far everyone I have talked to there has said it is a special order car."

GM can't tell you squat about any specific general-market car from the musclecar era or any Corvette manufactured prior to 1984, but everyone there knows this '69 GP is a special order car??!!

Sorry, but it all sounds like a joke or hoax of soap-opera scale.

If irrefutable proof arises that something about this car is astoundingly unique, I'll be far more impressed than the average observer.

Old 08-22-2006, 04:07 AM
Senior Chief

Bill ,Fleet supervisor for a large police department ? Are you sure your not the head of the Detective Department . Looks like your right on the money Bill ! Good Work . I also am very skeptical about this GM contact stuff . Still a cool car -

1964 silver 4 peed tri power convertible 3:90 rear
Old 08-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[QUOTE]but it all sounds like a joke or hoax of soap-opera scale.-[QUOTE

Red SAY IT AINT SO

Old 08-22-2006, 01:23 PM
Senior Chief

...and if it is a joke or hoax, I believe redfiretop is the victim.

Old 08-22-2006, 02:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Maybe ask redtop for the name and phone # of the fellow at GM, if he took the info down on paper.

Then someone else call and grind him.

Old 08-22-2006, 03:15 PM

I too have been watching this thread wondering what the final answer will be. I don't see any motive redfiretop would have to make the claim. But 1 of 6seems unlikely with what we know about the car. Perhaps some GM dufus was yanking his chain.

Old 08-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Senior Chief

Since Redfire top is a woman, that could be prompting some sexist GM rep(s) to be stringing HER along allright.
Also, there is alot of here say that goes on, when it comes to people thinking they've come across a "rare" car these days. I'm wondering who first mentioned this GP was a 1 of 6. If it was someone that told her stepmom, that someone could have heard it from someone else, etc....... from someone who likes to THINK they know everything.

Last edited by Tin Injun Tom; 08-22-2006 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think the tank near the battery is for vacuum powered door locks. Later years were electric.

Old 08-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepontiacman
I think the tank near the battery is for vacuum powered door locks. Later years were electric.

no that's on the other side of the inner fender, and looks like a coffee can.

i am a 69-72 gp guy, and i could care less! total waste of time. that looks like an aftermarket item to me.

1971 bonneville hearse 455/4
1972 grand safari wagon 6 pass 455/4
1995 Firebird Formula 5.7 convertible
2002 gp 40th anniv. SC V6
2003 gmc sierra 2500hd 8.1 liter

***LIKE MY FACEBOOK PAGE https://www.facebook.com/GratefulParts***

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/GRATEFUL...__W0QQ_armrsZ1
Old 08-22-2006, 08:37 PM

This thread is like a car wreck...it is becoming terrible to look at, but for some unknown reason I need to look and cannot look away !

Red....Please don't let this go to 6 pages. Tell us now.....

Old 08-22-2006, 08:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I parted out a 69 power door lock car, and still have the setup. The tank was mounted just behind the core support on one side. The load leveling system had a cannister in the rear. I just sold one of those setups on Ebay.

I've parted a bunch of SJs and have never seen one of those tanks. I have no idea what it is. The SJ with the power locks was a March 1969 manufacture date, if that makes any difference.

Mike

Old 08-22-2006, 11:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink

Would love to get the "GM number person's" contact number.
Would be interesting to find out how rare the contact would say the following is

Customer order: red '69 ModelJ 428HO, T400, Safe-T-Track, pwr disc, P/S with cooler line, maroon comfortweave buckets w/ pwr DS, Automatic Temp Control, pwr windows, leveling control, Rally guages & tach, AM-FM reverb, tilt, wood wheel, Rally II's, mats.

Old 08-25-2006, 12:28 AM
Senior Chief

Well, as the old lady said in the Wendy's commercials, "Where's the beef???"

...or are we gettin' just the smoke??

Old 08-25-2006, 05:54 PM

Three weeks gone by and still no word? Must have been sent by pony express.

70 Grand Prix J-Granada Gold
70 Grand Prix J-Verdoro Green (4-speed)
Old 08-26-2006, 01:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

you guys dont get it?
about once or twice a year someone serves notice of a super rare, 1 of 1 extra special order model. They are always very ordinary when the details are known. usually the owner believes his own story as he has told it so many times over the years. Finally one day the old car is running rough, the rust is really showing and they do a search for Pontiac sites hoping to attract a buyer.

My Daddy bought me a car but all I got was this old Pontiac.
Closed Thread