Old 01-10-2007, 11:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
It still has value but the owner must think it has a Hemi or something.
IMO, the Ram Air IV IS Pontiac's equivilant of the hemi. They're not up there in value yet, but are rising very rapidly as savy collectors catch on. I love that car, I preferred it with the poverty caps. I would buy it before I would buy a Judge.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 01-10-2007, 11:57 PM

God I love that car! Exactly how I would have optioned one had I ordered it in 69.

Old 01-11-2007, 01:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It's a great car that won't bring that type of money today. Not with a RA4 Red/Red convertible (auto) totally matching numbers couldn't bring $229,000 at the dealer that now has it at B-J.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink Just a thought...

wouldn't they make lovely bookends? lol Seriously...I'd love to be able to afford to own and drive them both...just for the jaw-dropping factor! Can't wait to see this auction. Some nice cars going throught this year again. It's like the Olympics for us car nuts, isn't it?

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:59 PM

Sorry to disappoint, but the sole purpose of the ad is to attract attention to the car and auction. Apparently it's working. There are other cars on ebay with the same MO. Pricing runs the extreme; both high and low. There's a Ford worth big bucks listed for $1.00 and the same exclusionary statement; don't bid on me.
Also, as I did when I received the help, I will again thank those that helped me when I had a question about my GTO. I honestly don't think any one of them helped with the idea the car would stay in my garage until the day I died. Brunno was the first to know the car would be sold. Yet he still gave me a pair of rear springs at no charge. Bruno will be at the auction and lunch or dinner and definetly a drink or two will be on me. I really think the ones upset with the whole deal are those that have nothing to do with it. And if that makes you feel more complete in your mental health, then I'm happy to provide the fodder. One can't imagine how much time I spend helping AMC owners, whom I have never met, that are considering Stock Eliminator racing. I can tell right away that they are lacking in one department or another in achieving their goals but I help them as much as possible anyways. That's because I and others like to help others. Some find nothing good about anything and that's their perogative. I made mention on another thread why I was selling and some were kind and some called me a liar. Realize I do not need permission or blessings from anybody to sell my own property for as little or as much as I want. My own circumstances will dictate what I sell my GTO for and when. Just last night my wife and I discussed keeping it ( a 18% buy-back charge) if the car doesn't bring better than our investment. My plan was to hold on to for two years. If the market isn't there today then I will hold. I tend to get panicky when I know a bunch of Dr. bills are on the way. Thankfully I have a wife of 20 years that is good at calming me down. But the car is going in tomorrow morning and we'll just see waht happens. Also, a little credit please, I've done nothing but work on my GTO since I got it (at least in my spare time). Ron and Brian did a fantastic job on the GTO and deserve huge credit. I would reccomend there work to anybody out there witha GTO. To me it's apparent the incomplete work was a result of time constraints in meeting there own deadline. I know because I recognize the faults and how they would relate to one of my own projects. The last time I completely restored a car was '91 and I did a '66 Hemi Satellite to the same level as this GTO. Except I rebuilt every OEM component (engine, starter, water pump, alternator, fuel pump, exhaust, etc.). I lost $5K on it at the Barret-Jackson that year and said I would never take on a project like that again. That's why I bought a completed (well mostly) project like the GTO.
RAIV's are definetly on the rise. But for the life of me, I just can't figure out the apparent 40% premiums for The Judge models....geez, it's just stripes and they forgot to put the trim rings on!

1969 Pontiac GTO
RAIV - M21 - 4.33:1
Matador Red / Red vinyl
PHS documented

1970 American Motors AMX
NHRA SS/H
390 - Jerico - 5.13:1
NHRA "Best Appearing"
10.03 @ 133.05 on 9" slicks

Last edited by SuperStockAMX; 01-12-2007 at 12:36 AM.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:32 AM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

SuperStockAMC

Please let me take a stab at this without offending you.

First I will say if you, Ron, Greg, or dozen other people want to buy and sell this car here or on Ebay or at BJ; MORE POWER TO ALL OF YOU AND ENJOY THE MONEY GAME.

I was a little disappointed that Ron didn't keep and enjoy the car for a little time; first because it's a damn nice looking car, and second because he had to work his but off. But that is Ron and his son's business, end of story.

I got in on the tail end of your little spat a few weeks ago with a couple of the members, and frankly I don't know enough of the facts nor do I think I cared enough to get involved. BUT, I don't like it when people gang up on a person for expressing his views. Example: Blkbrd.

IMO from what little I know about all this matter I will speculate that you have rubbed a couple of people wrong because you are not what I would consider a full blooded Pontiac man. And; you seem to be more motivated by the game with dollars in this hobby more so than the love of cars. There is nothing wrong with you; for that involvement, "if that is right".

And now I will be honest with you and tell you to your face what I have said to a few others in private. I did not like the fact that you brought up your daughter in these threads as a defense to your issue with a couple of the other users. First of all, you don't owe anyone in here ANY kind of explaination. Second; most of us have no clue who you are (simply because you are new), and do we even really know you have a daughter wife or even live in AZ? This is the net after all, you should expect to prove yourself just a little. Sure Greg and Ron might know a little about you, but I and several others have no clue who you are. I do not do a background check on new users in this forum, I develop a relationship by talking and getting to know people. I have become good friends with some people in here; but they were just a blank ID when I first noticed, just as you are. You may well be a cool guy and have a great family with some hardships ahead of you that you are trying to finance with this car, if so more power to you and good luck. But I have to get to know you first; in order to understand and trust.

I've now noticed you two times in this forum, and both times you have presented yourself as under attack. I agree it looks like you are taking some flack; while it may not be right, given the explaination provide in this message I hope it will help you to understand how this may have come about.

Again this is not an attack on you, simply my attempt to explain what I have seen concerning the matter at hand.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

SuperStockAMX

Steve & I have spoken about you and this situation on several occasions and have probably been two of the more vocal members here coming out against you. There is no ill will in our views, more so regret for Ron.

We ALL buy and sell parts and cars....some more than others. But for most of us (not all) on this board, we do it to fund the hobby. They are not stocks, they are not real-estate investments, they are not commodities, they are cars that we enjoy working on and driving, showing, and sometimes just staring at.

To follow Ron's progress on the car, see it come together, and then sell for what we all agree was the cost of the restoration, is sad. Then we see guy's like Greg & now you buy these cars, and then "Flip" them for large profits, you can't blame us for thinking that Ron somehow got shortchanged. This kind of profiteering also makes it more expensive for those of us who are hobbyists to continue.

I hold no animosity towards you personally, although I have to say, when we thought that you were going to be keeping the car and racing it, I had a much higher opinion of you. As you feel indebted to Bruno, I hope you hold something similar for Ron, and that when all is said and done, that a gesture is made on your part towards him.

Good luck with the car, I hope your daughter is well.

Chris

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 01-12-2007, 10:23 AM
formerly Steved400

We might consider the fact that Ron and his son may derive great pleasure and satisfaction from seeing their car run across the BJ block. As mentioned; BJ has become our super bowl.

Last edited by Steve Hoog; 01-12-2007 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

SuperStockAMX, It is YOUR car. You bought it and paid for it with YOUR money. If you want to burn it or run it off a cliff, that is YOUR business, nobody else's. Do what you want to with the car. If that is selling it, they good luck. As I posted earlier, I hope it brings a million damn dollars!

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 01-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up WTF...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved400
We might consider the fact that Ron and his son may derive great pleasure and satisfaction from seeing their car run across the BJ block. As mentioned; BJ has become our super bowel.
...is a Super Bowel??? lol Seriously..I did very, very little on this car. It was all Kevin [my son] and our painter. I was busy recovering from my bike accident and I merely helped where I could and posted the progress reports. That was rather enjoyable and I dare say even therapeudic for me. As for the other owners...I was pretty clear on my feelings that once a car is sold..it's sold! Greg expressed similar feeling to me saying "You can set it on fire at the end of the driveway...just make sure I can get around it!" Also...I wish Jeff luck in selling the car and don't feel that he owes anyone anything. We got our asking price for the car, I offered it here first and nobody can say they didn't get a fair shot at it. It was incomplete when we sold it and I'm aware that both Greg and Jeff put time and money into the car's completion. I am thrilled that neither chose to cut any corners and the car is now done right! Means quite a bit to me. My only regret...didn't get to make a pass in it! Really wanted a piece of Bruno! lol Seriously...we've moved on and that's the best advise I can give to others. Also...Kevin got his just deserves in his '33 coupe. We developed several strong friendships from this experience not to mention the "bonding" between a father and his son and the sense of pride derived from the entire experience. What's THAT worth? Everybody's happy!!! Good luck. Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	coupester.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	78847   Click image for larger version

Name:	69 show.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	78849   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2070.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	78850   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2509.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	218.6 KB
ID:	78851  
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2007, 08:11 PM
formerly Steved400

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegstek
not to mention the "bonding" between a father and his son and the sense of pride derived from the entire experience. What's THAT worth? Everybody's happy!!! Good luck. Ron
Amen to that!

I fixed my typo, and who are those ugly guys next to the car?

Old 01-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink That's ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved400
Amen to that!

I fixed my typo, and who are those ugly guys next to the car?
Greg and Kevin. It actually took both of them to be that ugly! lol Ron

Old 01-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Suspended

boss,here we go again.like ron said,you guys right here had first shot at this car.i saw the car at the nationals for sale.helped kevin fix the hideaway headlights the night before judging.nobody else there could figure out what was wrong with them.i told kevin what to do,then they were working.i watched 200 GTO GUYS kick the tires on the car for about 2 hours.NO OFFERS.i offered kevin 60k for the car and made the deal.also told kevin to go ahead and show the car as his own,HE DID THE WORK!we right here restored 4 complete cars last year.i took the 69 judge WE restored to the nationals and got CONCOURS GOLD.so dont talk on here like all i do is flip cars.most all of the cars i sell got restored right here.last year we restored a 1970 conv,69 ra3 judge-gold-69 raiv judge and another 69 ra3,matador red judge.i sold all 4 of them.in case you didnt know,thats what i do for a living.there could be no batter way to pay the bills,buy it,restore it,show it,then SELL it.then i buy another GTO and do it all over again.i have lost track on how many GTOS have been saved right here!yes,every now and then i buy a car to turn,but that usually means that everybody else out there is NAPPING.just like on kevin and rons car.if you wanted to buy it,all you had to do was call kevin and PAY FOR IT.it is not a complicated game to play.by the way i will be at barrett trying to buy this car again.IT IS AWESOME!

Old 01-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Suspended

Yeah, but can you bake a cherry pie?

Old 01-12-2007, 10:42 PM
formerly Steved400

Greg I don't know whether to adopt you or lube you in butter and turn you loose in a pig pen

I'm guessing Kevin is the big guy since Ron said "Greg then Kevin"; I'm thinkin it would be a good thing NOT to piss off Kevin. So if that's you Kevin and you come to POCI, I'll have you sitting with me when we go to Night Trips and I'll get you a lap dance.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My only comment is that eBay should only be used to list cars for auction, it is a misuse of the site. Just my 2 cents.

1969 LeMans Safari 2 seat Wagon
1969 GTO (2 Cvt, 2 Hardtops & Judge Hardtop)
1969 Catalina (3 Cvt’s & a 2dr hardtop)
1969 Ventura 2 Seat Wagon
1969 Executive 4dr Sedan
1969 Bonnie Cvt
1969 Bonnie 3 Seat Wagon (2 of them)
1969 Bonnie Brougham (4dr Hardtop & Cvt)
1969 Grand Prix SJ (2 of them)
1969 2+2 2dr Hardtop (Canadian model)
Old 01-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Suspended

steved400,i have an idea.when i come to poci,you and kevin can night cruise,I WILL TAKE THE LAP DANCE!

Old 01-13-2007, 12:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That pig pen deal with the butter and all sounds wild. What night do they do that ? Those roughnecks make the GP vert look cheap. Are those crackpipes they are both holding in hand ? GTOAA didn't used to be like that.

D@mn You Poncho. D@mn You. It takes me weeks to get that old cherry pie song out of my head after I hear it !

....ohhhhhhh darrrrllling Billy.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:10 AM
Suspended

i think the people with the crack pipes are the ones that looked at this car and just kept going.IT WAS AT THE GTO NATIONALS,what were they looking for?must have been looking for the 04-05-06 gtos.BEATS ME?

Old 01-13-2007, 12:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It was just a good lucky day Greg. Have to take that good luck sometimes, you know.

I would have looked it at a lonnnng time too if I were there. But only as a poverty stricken admirer. Anybody with a GTO education who had 60k to drop would have dropped pocket on that GTO. There just must not have been many guys there with enough loose cash.

Thought 75k was still low when AMX bought it. He probably thought that too. The regulars here all got high hopes when he bought it from you, about how he was going to use the Car exactly as the Ohio Landis had built it to be used. And he had racing roots already. Sounded ideal. But it wasn't a contract. lol

Predict 135-150k zone at B-J if it's thoroughly completed and spot on.