Old 01-18-2014, 11:55 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

do you guys think with the amount of Judges for sale that there was a concentrated effort to run up value on a selected feature car? Any body think this was some kind of crazy "conspiricy" to have so many Judges here at once? If this is the case, people will get burned by overpaying and hurt the Pontiac community short term

The Following User Says Thank You to red1975pacer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2014, 12:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I told you what I think.
Buyers made it clear they were looking for CR 4 speed Judges and BJ made it happen for their buyers.
This should be a good thing and from what I can tell from being there.
Hobby is strong from the spectator end too.
Buyers proved they are back and willing to spend.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:11 PM
Senior Chief

I have talked to alot of guys with 60s and earlyb70s cars that are wanting to sell.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The lack of 70 Judges was a surprise to me. Basically I saw one 70 GTO with stripes and a Lemans vert dressed up like Judge.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgeman6970 View Post
Lot #1044....$100k, with upside down tips & a mis-painted grill...amazing
Never mind the 62 heads and the reproduction spoiler mounted in the wrong place.

Sandy, UT
---------------------------------------------------
Old 01-18-2014, 02:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post
I told you what I think.
Buyers made it clear they were looking for CR 4 speed Judges and BJ made it happen for their buyers.
Well, that makes sense. The stock market is making new highs too--even with a "fair" economy.

But I'm keeping mine--some things are better than money................ I was offered $40,000 for mine by a local guy at the 1984 POCI convention in Marietta, which was well above the market price at the time--still glad I kept it.

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here is Lot #1044
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	349871   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	349872   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3carb.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	349873  

Sandy, UT
---------------------------------------------------
Old 01-18-2014, 03:51 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post
I told you what I think.

This won't be a good thing, it will only be good for the people who sold the cars there for redicouls money to people over there that attended fantasy land at barret jackass with more money than brains.

Now every avearge joe who has always wanted one will have to pay out the nose for one by greedy fliping classic car companys, and by non realistic car people who have one out in there back 40 thats half rotted away who will think there baskest case is worth $20,000 since they seen one on tv sell for $100,000

I always have liked 69 CR judges and have wanted one untill a couple years ago, every show you go there is one, if not several, which most are all clones, now you will only see more clones because of this, now I don't ever want to own a CR 69 weither it be a real one or a clone.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer81x View Post
This won't be a good thing, it will only be good for the people who sold the cars there for redicouls money to people over there that attended fantasy land at barret jackass with more money than brains.

Now every avearge joe who has always wanted one will have to pay out the nose for one by greedy fliping classic car companys, and by non realistic car people who have one out in there back 40 thats half rotted away who will think there baskest case is worth $20,000 since they seen one on tv sell for $100,000

I always have liked 69 CR judges and have wanted one untill a couple years ago, every show you go there is one, if not several, which most are all clones, now you will only see more clones because of this, now I don't ever want to own a CR 69 weither it be a real one or a clone.
It's not a win-win for everyone, but at the end of the day, it's nice to see Pontiacs bring strong $, even if it was B-J.

There will certainly be a trickle down effect, just like there was when the CR Judge sold for $100k+ at B-J in 2007 or so. That single car brought a lot out of the woodwork, and the value on my beater 69 Antique Gold Judge jumped. Yes, cars got more expensive, but you (the average PY member but not necessarily the average Joe) could still find deals if you did your legwork and homework.

And while the average Joe may not benefit, there are a LOT of PY members who will. Many PY members have cars that are for sale or will be for sale, others have parts they have been hoarding for years that will be more in demand (you know who you are!), others work at or own restoration shops (Darrell, Paul, etc), some own businesses who restore Pontiac parts (Cliff, Pete S.), others make parts for Pontiacs (Kryta), etc. There are a lot of branches and sequels here.

Of course, the market is cyclical, so you'll still be able to find a good deal on a 69 CR Judge, but it may take some serious looking or waiting a few years.

My

Scott

Old 01-18-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Ferris View Post
Never mind the 62 heads and the reproduction spoiler mounted in the wrong place.
Wow...A friend of mine sold an absolutely gorgeous '69 CR/parchment R/A III 4-speed Judge recently for just over $100k. It was a stunning 22k mile highly detailed/survivor, but I still thought it was a little pricey(not that I could afford to buy it). After seeing these BJ Judges and prices, my buddy's Judge was a bargain, especially since its the nicest one I've ever seen!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1PRN1054.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	349933  

Old 01-18-2014, 10:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Who knows, maybe previously unrestorable/undocumented/pieces and part combos/ will start coming out. Hey remember last weeks topic of "clipping" rebodieing, and whats legit? May the buyer beware

Old 01-18-2014, 10:17 PM
Suspended

Default BARRETT JACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1975pacer View Post
Who knows, maybe previously unrestorable/undocumented/pieces and part combos/ will start coming out. Hey remember last weeks topic of "clipping" rebodieing, and whats legit? May the buyer beware
I SAW 8 CR JUDGES @ BARRETT AND 5 IN THE PARKING LOT OVER A 3 DAY VISIT ID SAY 1969 BREAKAWAY CLUB JUST GOT HOT AGAIN

Old 01-18-2014, 10:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hobi lets hope. Today I saw a 69 GTO all bondo in some guys garage. Matching numbers, but a three year accumilation on the hood, and 4 years acuumilation on the trunk.. he replied to my ad, GTO Wanted. Couldnt get the junk off the trunk to open it, kept on saying its not for sale but could be. Fianaly I said "what ya want' he said your call, I said 5 grand, he said no . Visit over. 13 CR Judges in one day? Sounds more productive than my day

Old 01-19-2014, 12:14 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I wonder if 70 Orbit Orange or a Black Judge would attract a crowd with money like the CR cars?

Old 01-19-2014, 12:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1975pacer View Post
do you guys think with the amount of Judges for sale that there was a concentrated effort to run up value on a selected feature car? Any body think this was some kind of crazy "conspiricy" to have so many Judges here at once? If this is the case, people will get burned by overpaying and hurt the Pontiac community short term
Most people in the first thread about these Barrett Jackson Judges believed that having so many at one auction would cause price decreases.

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:03 AM

Richard,

You definitely have my attention with that starlight judge. Man, that
Blows away any cr judge.
Nothing better!
Scott

Old 01-19-2014, 02:16 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude View Post
Richard,

You definitely have my attention with that starlight judge. Man, that
Blows away any cr judge.
Nothing better!
Scott
It was a Ram Air III 4 speed 3.90 parchment car originally, I bought it with the IV in it that was the Vin match to my CR IV Judge.

I have since acquired another IV motor to put back in or this one I got from Tom S.

Should be done with my a 64 GTO my son and I am doing by June then this is next.

The Following User Says Thank You to richard sargent For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2014, 02:23 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

There are also a few at Mecum so we will see if these are some odd sales or is the market getting stronger.

So far a sliver 70 Judge stalled at 45K and a brown 69 RAIV 4sp non Judge stalled at
44K.

Richard - the black Judge beats them all!

Old 01-19-2014, 09:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I would say attention of the 69 Judges at the event was all very good.
It does say people really think they look great compared to the other ones in the room.
Of course the buyers paid top dollar and the ones I talked to had no plans on flipping.
It's a statement car for collectors with cash...

Old 01-19-2014, 09:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Pound for pound we have been the value leader for years. It was only a matter of time.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978