The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 03-26-2002, 02:25 PM

I'm in need of the dash component that goes between the dash pad and the base of the windshield. I believe the part is called a cawl panel. It is the flat metal sheet that covers the speaker grill as well. I drive a 68 tempest. Since the GTO, Lemans and Tempest all shared the same dash in 68, any should would work.

Would anyone happen to know of a place that sells these? Thanks!

[ March 26, 2002: Message edited by: 68 Tempest Conv Sprint ]</p>

Old 03-26-2002, 02:25 PM

I'm in need of the dash component that goes between the dash pad and the base of the windshield. I believe the part is called a cawl panel. It is the flat metal sheet that covers the speaker grill as well. I drive a 68 tempest. Since the GTO, Lemans and Tempest all shared the same dash in 68, any should would work.

Would anyone happen to know of a place that sells these? Thanks!

[ March 26, 2002: Message edited by: 68 Tempest Conv Sprint ]</p>

Old 03-26-2002, 03:53 PM
Senior Chief

The panel you are looking for is called the upper dash panel. The cowl panel is the panel that covers from the top of the firewall to the base of the windshield. The upper dash panel is welded to the cowl. Many conv. parts were interchangable from 68-72. Not sure about the dash panel but it's worth looking into.

Old 03-27-2002, 05:50 PM

Hey thanks Scott. I am going to the car show in Charlotte this weekend and will hopefully be able to find one there.

Old 03-27-2002, 06:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I ran into this problem a few times already . I would get a complete dash shipped in from Arizona and replace the complete dash , all the way up to the firewall . It's really not that hard . Once you strip out the dash , it should only take a day to cut the old one out and weld a new one in .