Old 10-13-2021, 10:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 71-71 GTO grills opinion

My 72 Lemans with T41 front end came with two sets of grills (car was apart). Unfortunately, neither was right for a 72. I had to find/buy the deep inset grill surrounds, as the ones I had were for 71. But, the 71 chrome had the 72 style egg crates in them both (not the crossed mesh style). I robbed one of the egg crates and cut it down to fit the perimeter of my 72 grill surround. So, I have two sets of 71 chrome grill. I want to sell them both. In your opinion, is it better to separate the egg crate from the one and sell it separate? One can buy the correct cross mesh for a 71, but not the egg crate for 72. But, I don't understand why the egg crate fits the 71 so well, but needs to be cut down around outside to fit the 72 well. I didn't think the 71 ever had or anyone even made one to fit 71. I'm sure these are originals.

Old 10-13-2021, 02:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

How nice are each '71 grille bezel? Condition means a lot on these.
Feel free Tim & shoot me a few shoot me a few pics.

Old 10-13-2021, 07:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The one with the eggcrate grills is extremely nice with no wear or pitting. The other one has a fair amount of pitting on lower portion and some around outside. I had them listed a few days ago in the for sale section.