Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 06-02-2020, 10:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Ames shipping (good!)

Got to give credit where credit is due. I myself have complained about Ames shipping for Years.

I have to say that I placed my order last week- it shipped the next day and arrived on Monday (it was delayed by UPS and was supposed to deliver on Friday).

Previously it could take 7-10 days for an order to deliver to TX. I’m not sure if Ames is paying for better shipping or what, but I definitely appreciate it!

Old 06-03-2020, 08:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I placed an order on Monday morning. I got the email today that product has shipped. We shall see how long it takes to get here. I know that once it leaves their shop they have no control. I am in no hurry (i am but the car wont be on the road for another year so technically i can wait, LOL) but IF I had one complaint it would be that once an order is placed, in my case over the 'net, it seems to take a couple of days for it to reach the shipping stage. I am sure they are not a huge conglomeration compared to say Amazon, but my wife will place an order with them at 8pm on a Saturday night and the package will be on our step by 9am the next morning!

Old 06-05-2020, 04:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ordered monday morning package got here this (friday) morning. Pretty good. Parts look really good, I ordered a decal and it was well packaged between some cardboard. Again a happy AMES customer. Although in the catalog, I am supposed to be in the 2 day shipping range, it still took 5.

Old 06-06-2020, 10:40 AM

Placed an order Sunday night and got here Friday morning. Not bad, I live in Melbourne Australia.

Old 06-08-2020, 08:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thats pretty good, sounds like we ordered about the same time and got them the same time!! 5 days to MD, 5 days to Australia.

Old 10-23-2020, 07:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Just got another package from Ames a few days ago. Ordered online, parts shipped quickly and I got the package in 2 days. No complaints on that end of the deal. IF I did have a complaint - I still think the website is a bit clunky compared to most other online companies. I have found the easiest way to order is to have the catalogue in front of me to search product numbers then enter into the order form. Kinda counter intuitive!!

Old 11-05-2020, 11:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I placed an order last week on Wednesday or Thursday. The order made it to TX on Monday. Great shipping

Old 02-10-2021, 11:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wish it was positive by my latest order is M.I.A. Usually get good service from Ames. According to the map I am in the 2 day shipping range. Placed order on Feb 2. Same day I place an order for similar sized package from another vendor (ames didnt have the part I needed). Feb 6 other part was on my door step. Still waiting on Ames!!! Tracking said Feb 8 delivery-delayed-. Latest tracking update as of this morning, is Feb9-delayed- No kidding, today is the 10th.

For comparison, I sent a steering wheel to be recovered. I mailed the package on a Monday morning. It got to the shop, they did the work, excellent I might ad, and returned shipping to me by the following thursday. 10 days from door back to my door AND they performed a service.

Sorry, rant over.

Old 02-11-2021, 11:21 AM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKerry View Post
Wish it was positive by my latest order is M.I.A. Usually get good service from Ames. According to the map I am in the 2 day shipping range. Placed order on Feb 2. Same day I place an order for similar sized package from another vendor (ames didnt have the part I needed). Feb 6 other part was on my door step. Still waiting on Ames!!! Tracking said Feb 8 delivery-delayed-. Latest tracking update as of this morning, is Feb9-delayed- No kidding, today is the 10th.

For comparison, I sent a steering wheel to be recovered. I mailed the package on a Monday morning. It got to the shop, they did the work, excellent I might ad, and returned shipping to me by the following thursday. 10 days from door back to my door AND they performed a service.

Sorry, rant over.
TAKerry, I apologize for the delay! Your package shipped with USPS, which has many delays over the past year in relation to COVID-19. UPS may have delays as well, but they have seemed to stay much closer to their projected delivery dates within this time of uncertainty. Please be aware this is nothing we have control over, as your package shipped with one of our standard options within a day of the order being placed. For now at least, if you would like to guarantee quicker ship times, please request UPS Ground as your preferred option. Please contact us directly by email (customer.service@amesperf.com) or by phone (1-800-421-2637) if you have any other questions or concerns regarding this shipment. Thank you and have a great day!

- Kyler from Ames

Old 02-11-2021, 01:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Kyler, I sent a long winded email to the address provided. Most of the content good! For some reason it kicked back to me undeliverable.

So, having said that. I am still waiting for the package. Your second sentence sums it all up." USPS, which has many delays......" I think if I were a company (and I assume the majority of business is done mail order), I would choose a shipping method based on their success rate.

Kerry

Old 02-15-2021, 09:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Parts showed up on Friday.

Old 03-29-2022, 09:55 PM
Senior Chief

I’m in Canada and hate ordering stuff fromUS based companies because we get taken by the shipping companies (Fed Ex and UPS )with fees at the border and long delivery times.

But I only needed few items to finish the build so I placed an order with Ames last week. Email said shipped the next day with tracking # so I was holding my breath waiting for the call to pay the fees. A day later the notice comes that there are charges. I check and they only want the taxes no extra handling fee like prior orders. And this is UPS who was the worst of the bunch?.
I can’t believe how reasonable and fast this happened, while I have most of what I need to finish, I want to update some stuff and if Ames can keep shipping /handling fees to Canada reasonable for the customer that will be all I need to choose Ames over the others.

Old 03-30-2022, 02:04 PM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nas t eh View Post
I’m in Canada and hate ordering stuff fromUS based companies because we get taken by the shipping companies (Fed Ex and UPS )with fees at the border and long delivery times.

But I only needed few items to finish the build so I placed an order with Ames last week. Email said shipped the next day with tracking # so I was holding my breath waiting for the call to pay the fees. A day later the notice comes that there are charges. I check and they only want the taxes no extra handling fee like prior orders. And this is UPS who was the worst of the bunch?.
I can’t believe how reasonable and fast this happened, while I have most of what I need to finish, I want to update some stuff and if Ames can keep shipping /handling fees to Canada reasonable for the customer that will be all I need to choose Ames over the others.
We appreciate the feedback nas t eh! I'm glad UPS international shipping worked out well for you this time, in the future just let us know that's your preferred method and we can make it your default. Thanks!