Old 08-26-2021, 11:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 72 Grandville Document

Check out this form that was in the owners manual packet for this 4 door Grandville.
Shipping Record.

Also had manuals and protect- o- plate warranty card

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Serious Inquiries Only - Shipping Isn't Free.
Old 08-27-2021, 06:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice document!

Can you post the POP?

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 08-27-2021, 06:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool document! Those strips on the edge of the paper crack me up! Forgot about that. Lol

Old 08-27-2021, 07:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's p-o-p and manuals

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks!

Those are some cool documents.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 08-27-2021, 09:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Not found too often these days

Old 08-27-2021, 10:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The '72 Grandville I picked up from the original owner a few years back had very similar amounts of documentation (including the build sheet that looked brand new). It was a Doraville car as well. Very cool to get that sort of thing!

Old 08-28-2021, 11:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Very Nice, the 71-82 full size cars are about the least documented Pontiac's of the era! Thanks for posting it!

78 Catlina Safari, Pontiac 400 powered
77 Astre Formula, 215 Buick V-8 T-5
73 Lemans Safari, 400 4bbl 4-speed
71 Catalina Enforcer, 455 4bbl
06 Mallet Solstice #024 LS2, Now with a Tremec 6060 6-speed!
2012 F-150 Echo Boost (My local Ford Dealer SUX!!!)
2020 Dodge Charger Scat pack (recovered)
Old 08-28-2021, 11:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Preston, What condition was the car in??? Just wondering, with the documentation looking so very nice???

I thought the Grandvilles came along around 74, till 76, and was a replacement model name for the Bonneville??? Guess I was wrong......and all information about big cars is not a common thing, either!!!

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 08-28-2021, 12:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

71-76

That car was running but vinyl top ate sail panel and quarter up.
Parted it.

Old 08-28-2021, 04:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77 TRASHCAN View Post
I thought the Grandvilles came along around 74, till 76, and was a replacement model name for the Bonneville???
'71-74 was Grandville with Bonneville being a mid-tier Executive replacement (along with Catalina Brougham for '71-72 that didn't exactly fit anywhere) and then was named Grandville Brougham for 1975 before it was discontinued. The Bonneville Brougham became the top dog in 1976.

I personally feel the naming system was a misstep for Pontiac to have done this, especially considering early on you could get a Grandville with almost no options, so what was the point besides a slightly swankier seat fabric, more insulation, door pulls, and more chrome? The big car market was super saturated in the 1970s, almost like the marketing folks were reading the tea leaves wrong. Trying to compete with Cadillac and Buick made little to no sense in my mind. It reminds me of the Edsel, just added an extra nameplate in a market that was already dominated by sister divisions that really didn't have a reason to set it apart from them as Buick or Cadillac buyers weren't going to rush out for the Pontiac equivalent, especially when there was no performance benefit to doing so like there had been in the '60s.

And yes, there is virtually no amount of information out there for big cars from 1971 and up. The 1969-1970 cars are pretty unloved as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepontiacman View Post
That car was running but vinyl top ate sail panel and quarter up.
Yup:

The padding they used and lack of roof rust prevention in the Doraville plant was murder on the roof on these cars. Good luck finding replacement ones too, just not worth it.

Old 09-02-2021, 01:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

What kind of D98 Vinyl Stripes would have been on a 72 Grandville ??
Would it have just been pinstripes ?

Cool that it was slated as a Demo on the Shipper Document.
And the PoP shows it had 7238 miles on it when Mr.Hickman bought it.

Old 09-02-2021, 10:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
What kind of D98 Vinyl Stripes would have been on a 72 Grandville ??
Would it have just been pinstripes ?
My '72 Grandville had this option and it had no discernible pinstripes on its entirely original paint. I wonder if it was one of those items that the guy had the dealer remove when it was new or if they just botched it at the factory?

The pinstripe followed the body lines on the front of the car at the headlight bucket back to the front door and then resumed partway through the back door to the tail light bucket. You can see what the stripes look like on the car in the attached photo. They were available from '71-74 at least from what I can find.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PB170001.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	572323  

Old 09-02-2021, 10:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There's an accessories brochure at the old car manual project website, but I didn't see anything in there about stripes. http://oldcarbrochures.org/United%20...iac/index.html

Edit: Per Ben's post below, here is the page from the 1972 accessories brochure where it mentions the stripes were available on the Grand Ville at the bottom of the page, but no picture. http://oldcarbrochures.org/United%20...sories-24.html

Last edited by Stuart; 09-02-2021 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-02-2021, 11:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You can see it better on the brochure photo linked below. But yeah, there's no mention at all in any of the accessory brochures except "available on the Grandville and Grand Prix" on the stripes page in 1972. 1971 doesn't mention it at all on the Grandville, just on the A-bodies, F-bodies, and Grand Prix. The accessory package manuals for 1973-1976 go into more detail, with 1974 being a great reference (attached).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1972_Pontiac_Full_Line-06.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	572329   Click image for larger version

Name:	1974_Pontiac_Accessories-08.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	572330  

Old 09-02-2021, 11:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think i remember the pin stripes on that Grandville as it had original paint. Will see if i can find a picture.

Old 09-05-2021, 03:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

All that really changed in 71 in terms of the 5 67-70 trim levels (short wheelbase Catalina and Ventura, long wheelbase executive, Bonneville and brougham) was names: now it was short wheelbase catalina, Catalina brougham, and long wheelbase Bonneville, grandville and grandville custom.

Interestingly in 71 the difference between the shorter and longer models was changed. In 65-70 the long cars had 3” of extra wheelbase and 3-4” of extra rear overhang. For 71 the formula changed with extra wheelbase now 2.5” and instead of a rear overhang difference there was a 1.5” of extra front overhang. The overall difference between the long and short models was about half what it used to be and much less noticeable. Perhaps this is why in 73 Pontiac gave up on the 20 year tradition of having two different wheelbases and body lengths in their fullsized cars. In 76 the grandville name was replaced with Bonneville taking back top status

1969 LeMans Safari 2 seat Wagon
1969 GTO (2 Cvt, 2 Hardtops & Judge Hardtop)
1969 Catalina (3 Cvt’s & a 2dr hardtop)
1969 Ventura 2 Seat Wagon
1969 Executive 4dr Sedan
1969 Bonnie Cvt
1969 Bonnie 3 Seat Wagon (2 of them)
1969 Bonnie Brougham (4dr Hardtop & Cvt)
1969 Grand Prix SJ (2 of them)
1969 2+2 2dr Hardtop (Canadian model)