SOLD Pontiacs The cars in here have already been sold. The topics will be kept for a few months for referance.

Old 05-22-2020, 08:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1980 Low Budget Slow Bracket Bird

Local track still closed. 401K took a huge hit. Decided to try & sell all my Pontiac & racing stuff. Best deal is everything for $10k.

(1) 1980 Bird, slow bracket footbraker, with "77/"78 nose. 455/6x-8 heads, stainless valves, forged pistons, H-beams, HFT cam, Chinese single plane, 750 vac or 795 Edelbrock Q-jet, alum water pump, new alum rad, new fuel cell, 2 new batts, new tach, new man & elec fuel pump, factory 2.56 posi, TH400, new gate shifter, new driveshaft, brand new 10" slicks. A T/A hood & a hood with a big scoop on it, plus new hood hinges. Engine has never been on a track & has about 2 street miles. Would cost most guys $5k or more just to build the complete engine, from scratch. Will take $5k for the whole car, as is.

Several of you guys will remember this car as the one I started a build thread on, which many said would not pass tech at any sanctioned track. The owner of my local track said his is an outlaw track, so bring it on over. Many here would consider this car total junk. That's why the price is so cheap. For MANY, just a complete engine like this one would cost $5k or more, if all new & core parts had to be bought. So, in my mind, this car is worth quite a bit more than $5k, as it sits. Opinions differ.

(2) 400 block 4.5" stroker engine. Had this engine built a few years back, as a dirt track engine. Never used it. Have never even seen it. It's been at others' shops. I think it has 6X heads & a roller cam. For anyone interested, I can get details & pics. $5k

(3) '77 350, with 6x-4 heads. Complete core, intake to oil pan. 5 6x-8 head cores. '73 iron Q-jet intake, 750 E-Q-jet in good shape. 800 Buick Q-jet. Several Q-jets for parts, plus some new rebuild parts. Spare complete 8.5 Bird rear, plus another housing.

(4) 1985 Pontiac Safari wagon. Was gonna make a bracket car with it, before I found the '80 Bird. It also has an 8.5 rear.

(5) I'm sure there are lots of smaller items I haven't mentioned, such as the snowflake wheels that came with the Bird. The front tires are new Cooper Cobras.

Can provide more info and pics for serious buyers with cash.

Have never had any luck at all, selling engines or cars here. But, since the ads are free, what the heck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	On the Trailer .jpg
Views:	596
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	540766   Click image for larger version

Name:	'80 With Earlier Nose .jpg
Views:	552
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	540767   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chinese Intake .jpg
Views:	595
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	540768   Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine Install .jpg
Views:	546
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	540769   Click image for larger version

Name:	750 vac Holley .jpg
Views:	534
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	540770  

Last edited by ponyakr; 05-22-2020 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Pics and condition of wagon

Old 05-22-2020, 09:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod cole View Post
Pics and condition of wagon
I'd say the condition is mostly stripped, to build a bracket car with. If you wanna build a street car, this ain't it. But it does have some good body parts, that are probably hard to find.

Not sure if the rear is worth extra bucks, or not. It has a 5" bc. May be real similar to an 8.5 truck rear. Don't know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 - Woody  .jpg
Views:	371
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	540771   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 - Woody  .jpg
Views:	365
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	540772   Click image for larger version

Name:	3 - Woody .jpg
Views:	362
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	540773   Click image for larger version

Name:	4 - Woody .jpg
Views:	385
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	540774  

Old 05-22-2020, 11:50 PM
Senior Chief

The 401k will come back... just dont sell or move any of it... If possible buy/add more to it (Everything is on sale!!)

SPEED SAFE, NICK

Old 03-15-2021, 12:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default New Package Price

Can't afford to race.

Will take $7000 for all my Pontiac stuff, as a package deal.

Anyone seriously interested can PM me.

The Following User Says Thank You to ponyakr For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2021, 06:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Don, I pray you can find a buyer!
Jeff

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 03-28-2021, 07:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77 TRASHCAN View Post
Don, I pray you can find a buyer!
Jeff
Thanks !

For the last few years, I've tried to reason that I could get a really low budget car running & then have a friend haul it to the track for me, enuff to make a few races a year.

Well, the plan would work. BUT, it's really not fair for me to ask others to put their plans aside, in order to help me carry out my plans. It just ain't right.

So, that means I'd need either a new truck, or a really nice, dependable truck, to pull my trailer. Also, I'd either need to buy a better trailer, or repair the trailer I have now.

Well, besides the initial cost of a suitable truck, there is also the upkeep & insurance costs of it. Since I spent all my money on racing, rather than putting it into a retirement savings account, my sole source of income is now my monthly SS check. That money must be used for monthly household expenses, to help keep the lights on & bills paid.

Only other income is TJ's SS & whatever she has to draw out of her 401K. So, it's not fair to her for me to spend money on racing, at this point in life. So, giving it up is really the only sensible & honorable thing to do.

The few items I have left are worth quite a bit more than I'm asking, IMO. But, as I've mentioned, there are no local Pontiac guys who'd pay anywhere near my asking price. So, I'll either have to sell to someone out of area, or do what I did with the last 2 drag cars I sold, which was to sell the roller to a Chevy racer, then try to sell the other parts, a piece at a time.

Have loved Pontiacs & racing for a long time. Glad we got to do lots of racing, had good success, & survived the racing & the traveling, safe & sound. Have been blessed ! PTL !

Old 05-23-2021, 09:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

"...I pray you can find a buyer! "

Thanks to that prayer along with ours, I found a buyer for the complete car. He was from Dallas. Came in a real nice diesel truck, pulling a brand new gooseneck equipment trailer, which is part of their family business.

https://biblehub.com/kjv/matthew/18-19.htm

I have mixed feelings about it. I realize that it was the best thing to do. But racing Pontiacs is the only real serious hobby I've had, beginning back in 1973.

BUT, I'll probably still buy an occasional $2 Powerball ticket. A million dollar winner should buy a new diesel pickup, a nice trailer, a ready-to-race Pontiac powered bracket car, with plenty left over for racing expenses. So, ALL hope is NOT lost.

https://biblehub.com/proverbs/13-12.htm

Old 05-23-2021, 10:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sadly I will likely be following in the same way. Local track closed. No time to travel. Upkeep costs through the roof. And after 25 years, racing has lost it’s luster.

Sandy, UT
---------------------------------------------------
Old 05-28-2021, 05:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Sold Slicks

Yesterday I sold my new Hoosier slicks, for $325. I had previously sold the 10" wheels they were mounted on, for $200.

So, that means i got a total of $6,025 for my low budget Bird. Had also previously sold the 305 & TH350 that came in the car. That means that the whole deal didn't cost me very much at all. And I had fun puttin one last low budget bracket car together.

Will always have lots of great memories of our Pontiac racing experiences.