Old 09-03-2021, 10:47 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Bilstein for the win on street driven cars imho….

Don

Old 09-08-2021, 11:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

KYB's are a very stiff shock. Thus you don't mix them with a stiff spring. They are great for a really soft stock springs. I had KYBs on my FB with Hotckis springs and it was horrible. I ended using them on my Tempest with stock springs and it improved the ride for me.

Old 09-27-2021, 10:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Never liked KYBs myself. Have had them on a couple cars and yes, they add too much stiffness to the ride unless you're using really soft, worn out springs. The Konis on my Formula are great. They're adjustable for rebound damping. They are relatively soft on compression. This allows the car to absorb bumps and you can dial them in to prevent any floatiness. Even with significantly stiffer than stock springs the ride is still very acceptable.