Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 09-11-2021, 09:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Good appliance forums, or any wash machine experts here

It seems like all the appliance repair forums are a vast wasteland. Any active forums for washing machines, like this site?
OR, my LG front loader keeps unlocking in the middle of the wash cycle, giving an error. Clear the error and restart it, and it will unlock and shut off a few minutes later.
I’ve already replaced the door locking switch, it did not help. Latch is in good shape. Any ideas? I would think the control board, but at $150-250 for a new one I don’t want to GUESS that that is the problem.

71' GTO -original 400/4-speed/3.23 posi
13.95 @ 102.1 on street tires @ 4055lbs.

‘63 LeMans- ‘69 400 w/ original transaxle. 2.69 gears.
Old 09-12-2021, 08:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

what code are you getting?

Old 09-12-2021, 08:31 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

https://www.automaticwasher.org/

This is a site for vintage machines, but they have a section where new machines are discussed.

Old 09-12-2021, 08:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by indymanjoe View Post
what code are you getting?
Well, I just got down to my sons house in Florida, so won’t be home for a week. I believe it was something like DE or D1,E1 -Code for door unlocked or door open
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
https://www.automaticwasher.org/

This is a site for vintage machines, but they have a section where new machines are discussed.
Thanks!

I was hoping to figure it out then have the part shipped home so it will get there about the same time I get home

Old 09-12-2021, 12:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had a fridgidare washer that was giving me door latch trouble. I put the error code into Google and was able to find a good “how to.” Ended up throwing both those POSs away when the control board on the 7 year old dryer failed. And I learned they were no longer manufactured.

Old 09-12-2021, 05:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had good luck getting help with my 20 yo Refrigerator earlier this year at this site:

https://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/

Only one guy responded as I recall, but he seemed to be pretty knowledgeable and active on that site. His name is Jake. Quick check and I see him responding on the LG Washer forum there as well.

Old 09-12-2021, 06:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V. View Post
I had good luck getting help with my 20 yo Refrigerator earlier this year at this site:

https://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/

Only one guy responded as I recall, but he seemed to be pretty knowledgeable and active on that site. His name is Jake. Quick check and I see him responding on the LG Washer forum there as well.
Thanks! I just tried registering, and it said my e mail had been banned, well OK

Old 09-12-2021, 07:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

My wife and I had just had all we could take with these new type of washing machines! Codes all the time and door locking and not being able to get our wet clothes out. Bought it with an extended warranty. Had it fixed under warranty numerous times. Also we hated how long it took to wash and how it didn't clean near as well as the older styles.

Did some research and the only washer on the market worth a damn is the Speed Queen. Commercial duty and made like the older style Maytag top loaders. We bought a Speed Queen TC5 from the only place in town that sells them and they sell a lot of them! All the buyers are people just like us fed up with the newer computerized models which is all you can get anymore except for commercial.
Why does a washing machine need an ECM. Give me a break! It's a damn washing machine.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO
The Following User Says Thank You to roger1 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2021, 07:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger1 View Post
My wife and I had just had all we could take with these new type of washing machines! Codes all the time and door locking and not being able to get our wet clothes out. Bought it with an extended warranty. Had it fixed under warranty numerous times. Also we hated how long it took to wash and how it didn't clean near as well as the older styles.

Did some research and the only washer on the market worth a damn is the Speed Queen. Commercial duty and made like the older style Maytag top loaders. We bought a Speed Queen TC5 from the only place in town that sells them and they sell a lot of them! All the buyers are people just like us fed up with the newer computerized models which is all you can get anymore except for commercial.
Why does a washing machine need an ECM. Give me a break! It's a damn washing machine.
I agree 100%! My wife bought a set of front loaders about 10 years ago, not on sale either, they were very expensive. I was fixing the washer and drier constantly. Circuit boards, belts, switches, ect. Seemed like it was always something. When we sold our house and moved I told her we are leaving these POS here. No way I’m going through the trouble to move them.
Anyway she likes the front loaders because they are easier for her to load with her fibromyalgia, so I gave in and we bought these different POS. Now she’s changing her mind back to top loader. Hell, I’ll do the laundry if I don’t have to fix them!

Old 09-12-2021, 10:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I guess I've been lucky. Got our first washer/dryer with our first house in 1981, about 7-8 year old Kenmore top loader washer, Maytag gas dryer. The dryer was replaced when we moved to a no gas house, got a cheap used dryer. The washer made it almost 30 years, I replaced the timer a couple times and a few other parts along the way.

In 2003, we went to Sears Outlet and bought a matched set of Kenmore Elite front loader "returns" for well below then current retail.

18 years later, I have replaced the water valve and a drain filter on the washer. Nothing on the dryer When new, we had 4 boys at home, by 2013 or so they were all on their own so usage has been much reduced. When we moved in 2018, they went into storage for a couple years but were reinstalled this year and doing fine though the water valve needs replacement (occasionally leaks/fills tub when not in use).

I found this at that site, maybe it will help you:

https://www.applianceblog.com/mainfo...or-code.71911/

Gist of it, could be a wire breaking that loses continuity intermittently.

Good luck.