Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 09-24-2021, 11:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Great vid by Big Chief (Justin Shearer).

For those of you wondering about his race program.

https://youtu.be/5Y4uSFrIaB8

Old 09-24-2021, 11:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I watched this earlier this week, he still has that Pontiac Passion doesn't he? Last ten minutes is pretty good. I'm sure many thought he was going to a different block and head setup??

466 Mike Voycey shortblock, 310cfm SD KRE heads, SD "OF 2.0 cam", torker 2
373 gears 3200 Continental Convertor
best et 10.679/127.5/1.533 60ft
308 gears best et 10.76/125.64/1.5471
The Following User Says Thank You to ta man For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2021, 04:56 PM
Senior Chief

His success is the reason for me building the combo that i'm building...

Old 09-24-2021, 07:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

2000 or 4000 hp it is what the track can take.

He has mastered the ability to read the conditions and plan accordingly.

Old 09-24-2021, 09:16 PM
Suspended

He said " small block Pontiac"..lmao. really!

The Following User Says Thank You to Scott Roberts For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2021, 09:45 PM
Suspended

In my opinion, people like Eric and boss bird crew, Butler, and yes, KRE have done way more for Pontiac then Justin... granted, he's fast and can tune like a pro but he isn't worried about the Pontiac community..
He is all about Justin...

The Following User Says Thank You to Scott Roberts For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2021, 10:18 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
In my opinion, people like Eric and boss bird crew, Butler, and yes, KRE have done way more for Pontiac then Justin... granted, he's fast and can tune like a pro but he isn't worried about the Pontiac community..
Obviously you have an issue with him for some reason...

But, Justin has put our brand in the spot light on a national stage, and has performed well while doing so...He has also performed well with some of the most basic parts on the market for our engines...

As for him being all about Justin, as a racer, thats what he should be...His business isnt selling parts, or race engines...His business is about gaining fans and winning races.

Old 09-24-2021, 10:30 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeliac View Post
Obviously you have an issue with him for some reason...

But, Justin has put our brand in the spot light on a national stage, and has performed well while doing so...He has also performed well with some of the most basic parts on the market for our engines...

As for him being all about Justin, as a racer, thats what he should be...His business isnt selling parts, or race engines...His business is about gaining fans and winning races.
I have no issue with him.. you seem to be a nut swinger from what I can tell..
What has he brought to market? Oh wait, he runs a Butler motor...yeah, the group I mentined...
Swing on bro..swing on..

Old 09-24-2021, 10:59 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
I have no issue with him.. you seem to be a nut swinger from what I can tell..
What has he brought to market? Oh wait, he runs a Butler motor...yeah, the group I mentined...
Swing on bro..swing on..
Nut swinger???? LOL

I said his success is the reason for the combo that i'm building...Meaning, edelbrock heads rather than some of the more exotic **** thats out there...

If you think thats nut swinging, lol, thats all on you.

The Following User Says Thank You to opeliac For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2021, 09:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I guess any exposure to this bastard engine design is good. If the Butler's and himself had to figure out how to make big reliable hp we all benefit. As mentioned several others have done the same thing and made their findings available to this forum.

Old 09-25-2021, 03:07 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefbigb View Post
I guess any exposure to this bastard engine design is good. If the Butler's and himself had to figure out how to make big reliable hp we all benefit. As mentioned several others have done the same thing and made their findings available to this forum.
I havent spent much time on this forum until a year or so ago...So i'm still trying to learn who is who...

Old 09-25-2021, 03:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

What he has done has about 5% to do with Pontiacs.

The other 95% is he brought Street Outlaws to become a household name. Thank him for NPK, Street Racing Channel, no prep, and the other 100's of individual content for "street" racing.

I have not seen so many high HP builds going on in decades. Is he completely responsible for this surge of enthusiasm - of course not - did he have a major influence - yes.

To be clear we say Justin cause he is the racemaster, he seems to be in charge. But, it is not only him, it is the entire concept of Street Outlaws and the entire cast.

I beg to differ, he is just about himself - he just helped a fellow PY member who need help on Drag Week.

The Following User Says Thank You to ponjohn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2021, 04:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Justin is a very nice guy, does not big time people. He has done more to keep our decrepit, ancient engine relevant than anyone since Arnie. Maybe more so just because he is the lead dog on a popular show. He is vastly more popular to the average person than Arnie ever was.
Justin is a street racer and once you get to know a few there are things they keep close to the vest. It is in his bests interests to at times be all about himself, we all do it on some level. Its the world they live in and he is as good as it gets.
In his case being the best he can be as in "all about himself nonsense" there is good than comes to the rest of us on the backside.
I am quite certain Chief and All Pontiac were communication in developing the solid IA2 with the Boss Bird fellows in there too.
Now were have high level NA alcohol builds using the solid aluminum All Pontiac block going on. See how it works ?
Support each other.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dragncar For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2021, 08:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Marty P Eric L Tom V Lil Jack Sick Goat Kinsler Langer Hendrik exc. The list is so long have helped people here. Justin's show took off and he followed his path. I wish him the best. Pretty much the people I have just mentioned and others have offered me help in the past. Justin never. Bet he would sell me a t shirt though.

Old 09-25-2021, 08:13 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Marty P Eric L Tom V Lil Jack Sick Goat Kinsler Langer Hendrik exc. The list is so long have helped people here. Justin's show took off and he followed his path. I wish him the best. Pretty much the people I have just mentioned and others have offered me help in the past. Justin never. Bet he would sell me a t shirt though.
Have you ever asked him for any information? I asked him about the problems he went through with tearing up cranks/bearings, and he didnt hesitate to share the details...

What is it that he is supposed to do that he hasnt done?

Old 09-25-2021, 09:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes I have. No response. Maybe your special. Or maybe Scott is correct

Old 09-25-2021, 09:02 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Yes I have. No response. Maybe your special. Or maybe Scott is correct
I probably dont have to tell you what you can do with the comment about Scott, do I?

As for him answering my question...It was in person at the 2019 PRI show...He didnt know me at all, but obviously I asked a question that made him realize that i had some idea of what the heck I was talking about...So, maybe that was the difference...

Old 09-25-2021, 09:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

No doubt. Your faster and smarter than I will ever be. Probably have a large collection of pontiac muscle to. Sometimes I don't know when I have been out classed. Play in your sand box dude

Old 09-25-2021, 09:19 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
No doubt. Your faster and smarter than I will ever be. Probably have a large collection of pontiac muscle to. Sometimes I don't know when I have been out classed. Play in your sand box dude
It makes no difference what you have, or dont have...For some reason you felt the need to try to be a smart@$$ rather than discuss the topic at hand...

This forum seems to have a decent number of people that have something negative to say about Justin...I'm not a fan of the show that he is on, but the fact that he has a fast car with a relatively simple engine combo, is enough for me to give him some credit...His engine can be duplicated for a fairly small amount of money, compared to most others...

Giving credit isnt nut swinging in my opinion, but maybe i'm in the minority on that idea...

Old 09-25-2021, 09:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Look man I have been very nice and stated my personal experience. You saw the his man 2 years ago at a staged event and he talked to you. That's what he is supposed to do btw. I hope the information he passed to you was helpful. You may need him I do not.