Old 10-02-2021, 08:49 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default using original coil springs

are the original coil springs apt to be ok to reuse on a rebuild. i have 4 to pick from, i can replace them reasonably priced but on a low budget resto every penny counts.

Old 10-02-2021, 10:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

On our 64 we reinstalled the original springs. It rides real soft and sits lower than I'd like. It handles noticeably worse than my 65 Chevelle which got new springs during the restoration. I'd suggest new springs. They really don't cost that much.

Old 10-02-2021, 04:51 PM

I considered reusing my '64 original springs. I had the front set off for a complete front end rebuild. The static height is actually a little longer than the spec on new springs. I bit the bullet and replaced them with new. Didn't want to go thru removal again. Once is stressful enough. The front clip is still off, so I don't know how it will set. Fingers crossed!

Old 10-02-2021, 06:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I failed to mention it was the rear I was referring to. And I agree with rich tripower
And ordered new I also agree with gto fm and will follow suit when that time comes
Thanks all

Old 10-03-2021, 03:23 PM

Rears are much easier to change out if you don't like the stance.