Old 10-04-2021, 08:39 AM

Default 68 Repop tail light housings

Used repop TL buckets on my 68 and when I went to install my TL lens the little metal, domed shaped pieces that the screws go into pooped off the housing and fell to the ground. I would recommend putting some epoxy on these before you put it together and on the car.
Very disappointed because I'll probably have to take the bumper off to fix the problem.

Old 10-04-2021, 04:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Those nuts are also very, very hard to find by themselves. They are a type of "Pal Nut". Somewhere I found a place where you can order something similar that might work, about 100 of them min order. I need to relocated that info ... basically many used housings are useless because they no longer have these nuts on them.

If it was one of the outside nuts that fell off you might be able to get a hand up in there and put it back on, they have little barbs that are supposed to hold them to their posts. If it's one of the middle or inside nuts ... yeah, the bumper will have to be swung down at the very least.

Old 10-04-2021, 04:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Actually just found the info. They are called "Palnut On-sert" nuts. And I do see some places selling them in a variety of sizes, but so far only wholesale numbers.

I realize this isn't much help for you, but reminded me about the info and other people have them missing, rusted etc.

https://www.boltproducts.com/self-re...c-484_506.html

The Following User Says Thank You to dataway For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2021, 06:28 PM

Yes, good tip.

I added JB weld on my originals when I rebuilt them for the same reason.