THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-24-2024, 01:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My how this forum has changed,can't even debate an issue anymore./

Old 01-24-2024, 03:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tenney: Good for you!

The Following User Says Thank You to Goatracer1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2024, 05:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS circutguy View Post
My how this forum has changed,can't even debate an issue anymore./
Debate is one thing, petty insults are another.

Old 01-24-2024, 11:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

For a long time I stopped going to single make car shows because people were so critical of cars that weren't "correct". Street rodders aren't like that. I try to not make fun of anyone's car. I don't know their ability or finances.

The Following User Says Thank You to Goatracer1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2024, 03:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Debate is one thing, petty insults are another.
Worth a repost...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4zpeed View Post
One who craves attention, intentionally creates conflict, hostility, or arguments, repeatedly returning to hurl
insults and rude comments in lieu of just moving on, "a sad little Troll on a forum", better off to ignore them...
Posting in bold or red to garner attention./ I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatracer1 View Post
For a long time I stopped going to single make car shows because people were so critical of cars that weren't "correct". Street rodders aren't like that. I try to not make fun of anyone's car. I don't know their ability or finances.
I don't care for EV's but I may warm up, they have their place in the world and will certainly grow in the future, some really like them, nothing wrong with that. My buddy who works at a shop doesn't care to work on them. He told me you can't really tell if they're running or not so if he asks for a hand from somebody he makes sure to warn them it's running, or on? I like all kinds of stuff, and as you said, better to be around people who aren't critical of other brands just because they don't care for them.

Frank

Old 01-25-2024, 05:32 PM
Senior Chief

As was said, the Pinto fires were from rear end collisions. The Fiero was from poor maintenance. I have had 3 Fieros, I am very well versed in them, and never had one catch fire. I don't know which Tesla I don't like; they all look the same. The ugly all white interior really turns me off. If the companies want to sell more EV's, they need to make them look like a regular vehicle. The polarizing styling might work for the first adopters who want all the latest things, but I don't find them anything I would pay for. If you like your Tesla, great, I don't think they are a good-looking car, but that is my opinion. I have driven an Aztek. It is a pretty nice vehicle. The "auto media" decided the Aztek was ugly. I know quite a few people who have owned them, and they liked them. Like you said not all of us have the same tastes. I think the whole EV thing is a little premature. It works in some areas but not all. Until there is a more robust infrastructure to support them, it may be a long time coming. Electric cars are not new, they almost became the preferred way of powering a vehicle.

Old 02-13-2024, 05:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Cybertruck Owners Say They're Already Rusting...fast

https://futurism.com/cybertruck-owners-already-rusting

'74 T/A 455 Y-code SD clone

previously on Dawson's Creek:

'74 T/A 400
'81 AMC SX/4
'69 FB 350
The Following User Says Thank You to kingbuzzo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2024, 11:55 AM
Senior Chief

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3HPQ..._web_copy_link

Old 02-14-2024, 01:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

actually looks better...

'74 T/A 400
'81 AMC SX/4
'69 FB 350
Old 02-14-2024, 01:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

8,000 lbs. of junk.imo/

Old 02-14-2024, 01:35 PM
Suspended

Shows the power of electric vehicles.

Old 02-14-2024, 03:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbuzzo View Post
"I think as long as you don't drive it in the rain, or get it wet, it will be fine," wrote one.

LOL. Meanwhile, the folks at Tesla are touting that
it's "waterproof" and can even briefly float. Playing
in the surf at the Gulf Of Mexico. Folks familiar with
boating know what saltwater does to tow vehicles.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	salt bath.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	628599  

The Following User Says Thank You to 242177P For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2024, 06:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	32d328051.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	629986  

Old 03-06-2024, 06:40 PM
Senior Chief

That is going to be a problem for a lot of the small companies who make these types of vehicles. Where do you get them serviced or what if you need a part? It is also a problem with our older vehicles as they are out of production and parts are getting harder to find. If I was going to buy an electric vehicle, I would need a truck for my travel trailer. The Ford Lightning is nice looking. I have seen the Chevrolet but not many out yet. I don't think I could own the Tesla or the Rivian because of the styling. The lack of a dealer network is also a factor that would weigh into my decision.

Old 03-06-2024, 07:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Elon approved self-parking feature...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/vi...9b5fde31&ei=30
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cybertuck.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	629987  

'74 T/A 400
'81 AMC SX/4
'69 FB 350
Old 03-06-2024, 07:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Most of you guys hating on Tesla have never driven one and (respectfully) don't know what you are talking about.

I haven't charged at a supercharger in over two years.. I charge at home using a 110 ! Charger. We drive it mostly < 100 miles a day (average probably 40). Its about 3 cents a mile for electricity, and I haven't been to a gas station in years.

Is it a better car for long road trips towing your camper to the Ozarks 1000 miles? No of course not... but for everyday use locally, its far better than any gas car. Fantastic throttle response, great handling. The stereo is awesome and the nav is dead simple to use.

A couple weeks ago I said to the car (verbally with my voice) "Navigate to Harbor Freight" - The car drove me into the parking lot - pulled up in front of the store - unassisted about 10 miles through suburban traffic.

As far as fires go, gas cars burn up from fire more frequently than electric cars.:
https://www.kbb.com/car-news/report-...-powered-cars/

I'd bet a nickel that if most of you haters drove a Tesla for a month, you'd be converted.

Last edited by getmygoat; 03-06-2024 at 07:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to getmygoat For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2024, 08:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Trying to debate electric cars is like trying to debate pot pro-to pot- negative
Or right or left politics.
I'm out./

Old 03-06-2024, 08:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmygoat View Post
Most of you guys hating on Tesla have never driven one ...

A couple weeks ago I said to the car (verbally with my voice) "Navigate to Harbor Freight" - The car drove me into the parking lot ...
EL OH EL.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	taxi 955920.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	630001  

Old 03-07-2024, 07:26 PM
Senior Chief

It is far more difficult to put out an electric car fire than an ICE vehicle. Batteries contain everything they need to burn even under water. It is a lot of money to have a Tesla for around town and then a truck to pull my travel trailer. They may be faster and have more tech but once that stuff gets out of warranty, look out. You just can't go around the corner to the nearest dealer. They didn't do so well in the winter, which is no surprise. I glad you like your Tesla, but I can't get past the looks. I don't think I could get my wife to leave her Camaro SS and drive a Tesla.

Old 03-07-2024, 07:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmygoat View Post
Most of you guys hating on Tesla have never driven one and (respectfully) don't know what you are talking about.

I haven't charged at a supercharger in over two years.. I charge at home using a 110 ! Charger. We drive it mostly < 100 miles a day (average probably 40). Its about 3 cents a mile for electricity, and I haven't been to a gas station in years.

Is it a better car for long road trips towing your camper to the Ozarks 1000 miles? No of course not... but for everyday use locally, its far better than any gas car. Fantastic throttle response, great handling. The stereo is awesome and the nav is dead simple to use.

A couple weeks ago I said to the car (verbally with my voice) "Navigate to Harbor Freight" - The car drove me into the parking lot - pulled up in front of the store - unassisted about 10 miles through suburban traffic.

As far as fires go, gas cars burn up from fire more frequently than electric cars.:
https://www.kbb.com/car-news/report-...-powered-cars/

I'd bet a nickel that if most of you haters drove a Tesla for a month, you'd be converted.
Would you try and tow a rig with a smart car? heck no! electric around town like ya said is great. Proper equipment for the intended purpose is more than half the battle. I really think for the time frame we are in hybrids serve a greater purpose and let us figure out the total ev picture in the right time frame. Our infrastructure is a joke electric wise.