THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2020, 12:09 PM

Default Received Covid-19 vaccine yesterday

I am in healthcare and was notified last week that tier 1B was given the okay to get the vaccine according to CO guidelines. I have seen a lot of strange stuff (really strange stuff) being put out about the vaccine. I just wanted to say that everything went fine with injection of vaccine, just some injection site soreness. I still have a little soreness today but yesterday kind of felt like someone punched me in the arm yesterday. I have not taken a vaccine since my Army days but felt it was important enough to get this one. I did not have any headaches, fever or chills afterwards. I know everyone will react different to the vaccine but just wanted to fill people in on how my experience went. I received the Moderna vaccine and will go back in 4 weeks for shot #2. It was a steady stream of folks waiting to get the shot and hope everyone else will get the shot when available to them. Stay safe

Old 12-30-2020, 12:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Two of my brothers and one cousin that I know of have had it and just one minor problem with one of my brothers. He said he felt just a little ill the next day but they told him that he should not have gone to the gym right after getting the shot. All is fine now.
If I could get it I wouldn't hesitate.

Old 12-30-2020, 12:23 PM

Got Pfizer vaccine earlier this month. Due for second dose on the 6th. No ill effects besides the expected site soreness.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Old 12-30-2020, 12:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"Never hold your farts in "
That's funny sh!t right there

3 Generations of "Beach Boys Racing" !

Everybody knows somthin.
Nobody knows everything !

1st time on a dragstrip, 1964. Flagstart !

"Thanks for the entertainment."

"Real Indians Don't Wear Bowties"
Old 12-30-2020, 06:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Good to here...thank you.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 12-30-2020, 06:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Any nOS covid shots for sale?

Just Say No To 8” Flakes pause pause

F ire B irds

🇮🇱
Old 12-30-2020, 11:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My wife, who is also a healthcare worker got the first dose about two weeks ago. Her only side effect was a little injection site soreness. As soon as it becomes available to me I will take it.

Old 12-31-2020, 01:00 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I did it the old fashioned way, got the virus.
Not as bad as many people report but certainly wasn’t a walk in the park. Wife still has no taste but she hates my cooking anyway.
No vaccine for me for now. Will have antibody check in 6 months.

236 244@ .050 108 LSA .511 lift, duration 289,297 @.oo6
Edelbrock Aluminum 87cc round port heads Larger valves ,ported polished and cut
Powerjection3,T2 manifold, Try-y’s
Flowcooler water pump.
71 formula with TKO600,hydraulic clutch 3.42 posi and 26 inch tire.
17x9 YO Honeycombs with Nitto 555's
Old 12-31-2020, 09:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I heard yesterday..local news radio...that there is evidence that the antibodies from actually getting the virus only lasts about a month. A number of people have had it twice.
You hear a lot though, so who knows...

Old 12-31-2020, 09:06 AM

Both of my physical therapists have got theirs last week, not a big deal so far they tell me. Wife and I have tested negative twice, maybe we had it and never knew it.

Old 12-31-2020, 11:05 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
I heard yesterday..local news radio...that there is evidence that the antibodies from actually getting the virus only lasts about a month. A number of people have had it twice.
You hear a lot though, so who knows...
Yes. Because we live in an era of not ever being able to answer questions without some type of agenda it is difficult to sort out.
There are however many cases of measles, chicken pox ect. Where folks have either gotten more than once e or after being inoculated. Thats the beauty of being human I guess. That said, I have trouble believing that taking a vaccine to trigger an immune response to build up anti bodies can work better than actually being infected but who knows. I’m no longer a first responder and certainly not in Congress so it will be a while before us workers need to make the decision anyway.
I will however follow MY doctors advise, not CNN or Fox and report back when that time eventually arrives.
(I hope this doesn’t sound political, it’s not supposed to be!!).
Happy New Year!!

236 244@ .050 108 LSA .511 lift, duration 289,297 @.oo6
Edelbrock Aluminum 87cc round port heads Larger valves ,ported polished and cut
Powerjection3,T2 manifold, Try-y’s
Flowcooler water pump.
71 formula with TKO600,hydraulic clutch 3.42 posi and 26 inch tire.
17x9 YO Honeycombs with Nitto 555's
Old 12-31-2020, 11:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I guess that's why they call it NEWS and not FACTS...lol

Old 12-31-2020, 11:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Lead story in the Dayton Daily News today, (OH), is we have plenty of vaccine in the state and distribution has been slow and uneven with no sense of urgency. The governor is unhappy that only a very small % of the vaccine has ended up in anyone's arm to date. He is going to activate the National Guard to help smooth out the distribution channels and get this freight train rolling. I am in group 1A and have been waiting my turn so I can go back to work in the school. We are supposed to start back Jan 11. If I have the first shot by then, I feel pretty good about going back.

Old 12-31-2020, 11:26 AM

Since I’m immune suppressed, and still on a chemo medication which causes me to be anemic, so my guess is I’ll be able to get the shots mid Summer.

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 12-31-2020, 02:54 PM
Senior Chief

It's good to know that some people are actually getting the shot. Nobody I know has gotten it yet.
Oh and Happy Knew Year everybody!

1969 Firebird 350 convertible, t-5, Carousel Red
2008 Solstice GXP 5speed manual, Sly
2008 Grand Prix, Ink Slate, Winter daily driver
2009 G8, Switchblade Silver, summer daily driver
Old 01-03-2021, 01:59 PM

Being a front line worker in a hospital I have seen how nasty Covid can be. If you happen to be one of those unlucky few percent that end up in the hospital it can be a long battle to recovery, end up on a vent and chances of recovery slim down even more.

One does not know if your going to be one of the unlucky ones. Some say if I get it and die so be it. Flawed thinking . Consider 100 people going before a firing squad, 98 blanks and 2 live rounds, Even one live round, would you take the risk?

Point being there is a vaccine that has been proven to work, get it when you can. Take precautions till you can to protect your self and others.

After seeing what these patients go thur I did not have a second thought about taking the vaccine, I did not even feel it the first day, next day arm was sore which was gone by the end of the third day. Due for the second shot in two weeks, but even then if I get sick for a few days it would be nothing compared to ending up in the hospital.

Last edited by giddygoat; 01-03-2021 at 02:04 PM. Reason: spelling
The Following User Says Thank You to giddygoat For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2021, 02:30 PM

As a physician working in a hospital. I can tell you from first hand experience that people ARE dying from COVID 19. Hospitals are at critical mass in regards to beds available and need for staff. Please, when you can get the vaccine, get it.
These claims that the numbers are over - reported are false.I don't have the actual numbers, I dont need them I can see it.
I have no political leaning. I dont think either party truly cares about any of us. They're all crooks.

Old 01-03-2021, 03:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well said.

I know three people who work as EMTs or health care professionals and have received the shot. That's not a large sample size, but so far none have reported anything more than having a sore arm.

My wife and I plan to get the shot as soon as we are eligible. She's itching to go back to work to get some relief from me (I work from home for now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigger=better View Post
As a physician working in a hospital. I can tell you from first hand experience that people ARE dying from COVID 19. Hospitals are at critical mass in regards to beds available and need for staff. Please, when you can get the vaccine, get it.
These claims that the numbers are over - reported are false.I don't have the actual numbers, I dont need them I can see it.
I have no political leaning. I dont think either party truly cares about any of us. They're all crooks.

Old 01-03-2021, 05:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Are there any long term effects from this vaccine?

Anyone remember the Anthrax scare of the late 90's? I was stationed overseas in the Army, it was mandatory we get the "Anthrax shot". One person in our company refused, failure to obey a direct order, and received a general discharge. Anyways, a few years later I'm stationed back in the states. I'm looking for something I just had in my hand a few minutes earlier. I was talking to someone about not being to able to remember anything and I must be getting old. He said did I get the Anthrax shot? I said yes.... I wasn't the only one who had short term memory loss.

"A congressional report from September 2002 states that 85 percent of surveyed service members had an adverse reaction after receiving at least one anthrax vaccination."

Maybe they only surveyed 20 people, I don't know? But my days of our government experimenting on me are over.

Old 01-03-2021, 05:19 PM

I guess it comes down to which is worse? Anthrax? COVID? I took the possible potential for long-term effects into consideration and decided on the vaccine.