Old 09-12-2003, 07:19 PM

Has anyone seen or heard of someone using a s-10 frame or any other frame and using it on a 63 lemans/tempest. My rear frame and floorboards are toasted from rust.

Old 09-12-2003, 07:19 PM

Has anyone seen or heard of someone using a s-10 frame or any other frame and using it on a 63 lemans/tempest. My rear frame and floorboards are toasted from rust.

Old 09-13-2003, 08:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Judgement,
Currently taking a break from stubbing a '67 A-body crossmember in my '63. This is the upper frame section that A-body upper control arms mounts to. Not a slam dunk job & one needs solid '63 rear frame rails to work with. Will try & get some pics when I can get back on this project & get the car up on a lift.

Modifying an S10 rear frame may work, one would have to do a lot of measuring to confirm. If your transaxle is out & rear of car is up in the air, def easier to take detailed measurements.

Having built a few S10 rears for streetrodders, believe an original 2WD S-10 rear will be a little narrow to fit under a stock wheelhose '63 Tempest. If going leafspring, prob easier just to go back with a 9" Ford.

Jim Linenberger ought to be along. Jim has owned a '63 that had a modified G-body frame installed under it & can give you a ton more indepth '63 info.