67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 05-14-2014, 03:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default A/C heater block off plate

Anyone have a source for just the plate(s). Not looking for the A/C delete kit that retains the heater core, just looking to close the hole for now.

Thanks

Old 05-14-2014, 03:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

I used an American Grafitti cover that's intended to retain the core, but it wouldn't be hard to adapt that to removing the core. You'd just need to fill the whole meant for the blower fan.

It looks like Detroit Speed always has something that would work.

http://detroitspeed.com/1967-1969-F-...ete-plate.html

Old 05-14-2014, 04:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMounce View Post
I used an American Grafitti cover that's intended to retain the core, but it wouldn't be hard to adapt that to removing the core. You'd just need to fill the whole meant for the blower fan.

It looks like Detroit Speed always has something that would work.

http://detroitspeed.com/1967-1969-F-...ete-plate.html

Yeah I looked at those, but they are all for a "heat" only car, my car was a factory a/c car. I would just put the core plate in and retain heat, but this winter when I get time I want to install an underdash a/c heat.

I just don't want to spend 300.00 for heat only now and then spend 1500.00 for heat a/c later.

Thanks Stan

Old 05-14-2014, 04:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
Yeah I looked at those, but they are all for a "heat" only car, my car was a factory a/c car. I would just put the core plate in and retain heat, but this winter when I get time I want to install an underdash a/c heat.

I just don't want to spend 300.00 for heat only now and then spend 1500.00 for heat a/c later.

Thanks Stan
I'd look in to the American Graffiti AC delete I have. My car as well was factory AC, but most of the parts were gone when I got it. Even if you take the core out, all you'd need to do is fiberglass over the whole provided for the blower fan.

It looks like they've changed their name to AGM Industries now.

http://www.acdelete.com/pages/67-9_F-Body.htm

Old 05-15-2014, 07:42 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMounce View Post
I'd look in to the American Graffiti AC delete I have. My car as well was factory AC, but most of the parts were gone when I got it. Even if you take the core out, all you'd need to do is fiberglass over the whole provided for the blower fan.

It looks like they've changed their name to AGM Industries now.

http://www.acdelete.com/pages/67-9_F-Body.htm
I emailed a fab company on ebay that makes plates, said he doesn't have one but will look into it for me.

Thanks again for the info.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:38 AM

JLMounce,

I'm considering getting American Graffiti's AC delete box for my '68 Firebird (factory AC car). It also is missing most of the parts. After you installed yours, did you have any fresh air or recirculating air functionality?

1968 Firebird: 350 .040 over, #11 Heads w/2.05/1.66 valves, Tomahawk TC-03 cam (214/221 flat tappet cam, 112 LSA, .0450/.0465 lift w/ 1.5 rockers), 200-4R w/3.55 gears, Street Demon 625 w/ Edelbrock Performer, H-Pipe dual exhaust w/Delta Flow 50's.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

We're using the A/C elimination box on our '68. We're told it will retain heater/defroster function and cover the A/C hole in the firewall.

'64 GTO Tripower Hardtop (Wife's Car)
'64 GTO Tripower Post Coupe (My Car)
'99 Bonneville SE Sedan