WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 03-15-2004, 12:31 PM

I bought a 2004 Pontiac GTO and I love it. Here’s why:

1. I like the bland exterior. It gives the ’04 Goat a “sleeper” quality that is fun to exploit when cruising the local strips.
2. I can set the cruise control at 70mph and turn less than 2000rpm in sixth gear. Hills, even mountains, don’t slow this car down.
3. My teenage son and his friends think this car is “phat”.
4. My 68-year-old father thinks this car is “cool”.
5. My 23-year-old massage therapist thinks this car is “gorgeous” (and so is she!)
6. There are two ’04 GTOs in my hometown of 100,000 people… the red/black 6-speed that I bought and the black/black automatic they haven’t sold yet. (I wonder why they haven’t sold the automatic?)
7. True, there are faster cars on the street. Most are classics that gear heads have invested hours of blood, sweat, and tears (not to mention lots of money) into shaving those precious tenths. But I will race any of them through the winding, hilly roads I grew up on. This ’04 Goat STICKS, and has the muscle to exit those turns reeeeeeeeeal fast.
8. True, there are flashier cars on the street. But how many cost less that $34K? (I confess. I paid the $2995 “adjusted market value” without blinking.)
9. The ’04 Goat sounds good. A Subaru WRX STi can keep up with my car, especially on those winding, hilly roads I mentioned. My tuned exhaust, however, makes a sweet, powerful, “old school” rumble any auto enthusiast would love. The Subaru sounds like a motorcycle on steroids.
10. Add it all up; tire smoking power, road racer handling, plush leather comfort, head turning exhaust note, ear splitting 200 watt stereo, multi-generational appeal… my 2004 Pontiac GTO is worth every penny I paid and is really FUN to drive. I absolutely love the car.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:31 PM

I bought a 2004 Pontiac GTO and I love it. Here’s why:

1. I like the bland exterior. It gives the ’04 Goat a “sleeper” quality that is fun to exploit when cruising the local strips.
2. I can set the cruise control at 70mph and turn less than 2000rpm in sixth gear. Hills, even mountains, don’t slow this car down.
3. My teenage son and his friends think this car is “phat”.
4. My 68-year-old father thinks this car is “cool”.
5. My 23-year-old massage therapist thinks this car is “gorgeous” (and so is she!)
6. There are two ’04 GTOs in my hometown of 100,000 people… the red/black 6-speed that I bought and the black/black automatic they haven’t sold yet. (I wonder why they haven’t sold the automatic?)
7. True, there are faster cars on the street. Most are classics that gear heads have invested hours of blood, sweat, and tears (not to mention lots of money) into shaving those precious tenths. But I will race any of them through the winding, hilly roads I grew up on. This ’04 Goat STICKS, and has the muscle to exit those turns reeeeeeeeeal fast.
8. True, there are flashier cars on the street. But how many cost less that $34K? (I confess. I paid the $2995 “adjusted market value” without blinking.)
9. The ’04 Goat sounds good. A Subaru WRX STi can keep up with my car, especially on those winding, hilly roads I mentioned. My tuned exhaust, however, makes a sweet, powerful, “old school” rumble any auto enthusiast would love. The Subaru sounds like a motorcycle on steroids.
10. Add it all up; tire smoking power, road racer handling, plush leather comfort, head turning exhaust note, ear splitting 200 watt stereo, multi-generational appeal… my 2004 Pontiac GTO is worth every penny I paid and is really FUN to drive. I absolutely love the car.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:11 PM
Senior Chief

Very cool - I am glad that you are enjoying the car, and I hope you'll be enjoying it for years to come.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Plus if it breaks you got full warranty. Just dont get caught at the track with it. Enjoy!!!
Old 03-16-2004, 06:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well said.

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com
[www.reverbnation.com/nikivee

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
1972 Pontiac Lemans Sport Convertible
2015 Dodge Challenger ScatPack 392, 6 speed
2017 Ford Explorer AWD
Old 03-17-2004, 05:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice
Old 03-17-2004, 07:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to Goathead

I bought a 2004 Pontiac GTO and I love it

That's all that matters, now isn't it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJrDl3nRNCM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvywdocl4GA

http://ultimategto.com/icongraf/65headtitle.jpg