Old 06-11-2012, 01:40 AM
Suspended

Default fiberglass 1966 GTO body...one off

well, VFN makes a 67 GTO body for $2950 before shipping, and I dont know anyone else that makes a 66 body. Belongs to my friend Billy's father Bill Sr. He purchased it he THINKS around 5 yrs ago from a guy in S.C. There was some story about it being made as an Arnie Beswick "Star of the Circuit" clone, or something along those lines. One body was ordered from a company, and then it didnt look like that was going to happen so they ordered another from another company. Apparently both bodies showed up, and this one was put up for sale.

The story is just that....a story. Bill had some of the "facts" written down, but he cant find them. So unless someone here recognizes this piece and has more info its just a fairy tale.

Be that as it may, you'd have to modify a lot on one of those VFN bodies to make a 66. So its going to make someone a cool and different car. Maybe someone who wants to make an Arnie Beswick clone too.

We dont know the name of the company that made this, but I have looked it over carefully and its MUCH better made than the tilt front end I bought from US Body for my trans am. The difference is night and day. My front end had nasty casting seams and rough crap everywhere. This body is smooth and clean. Its lightweight too. Bill seems to think it weighed 54 lbs, but dont hold us to that. We cant weigh it with all the wood supports attached to hold its shape.

He is asking $2750, so its a couple of hundred less than VFN's 1967 body. Bill MIGHT consider some trade kind of stuff. He cant think of anything he needs offhand, but feel free to shoot offers. Doesnt have to be pontiac or even car related. Any questions I cant answer and I'll be happy to give you Bill's #.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:13 AM
Suspended

Bump for any cash or trade offers....Norwalk delivery a possibility.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:30 AM
Suspended

bump again for any offers.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:19 AM
Suspended

Is this body still for sale & if it is does it have the front end that should be come with it.??? Also does it have doors to??? Thanks rex.