Old 02-13-2022, 09:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default power seat questions

Hello, I just went through the power seats I have getting them ready to install and have two questions.

1. working on my 71 right now and the car has power seat back releases. the relay for that was mounted to the floor pan about in the middle of the driver's side bucket seat. adding the power seat assembly sits too low to the floor in my eyes and along with the movement of the mechanism, I don't believe the seat back relay can stay there. Anyone have an idea as to where the seat back release relay should be mounted when there's a power seat there too? I don't see any extra holes on the power seat plate assembly where there's a provision for adding another relay mount. of course I have no idea what year this seat track assembly came from so it could easily be from a 68/69 when the back release wasn't an option so no provisions for it kind of thing.

2. Over the years I scraped together/made the brackets that mount the side aprons.

In the pictures attached, the one on the left is one I made for the rear of the tracks. It's clearly modeled after something specific with that rear edge folded over. on the right is one from a set I bought that was supposed to be 68-72 A body and everything does line up when I use the front most hole, however no way to actually install that bracket because of the extended metal with the second hole interferes with the seat base. I could cut that area off and use it, but just curious if anyone recognizes that bracket for it's actual application. The aprons line up perfectly if I use that front hole, it's just that I can't sandwich that bracket without cutting it off short just like the one I made. The more I think about it, the more I'm sure I must have copied the made one from a friend's 68 bracket that he let me borrow while I was making new aprons for him. The spread on the arms is identical, it's just a bad camera angle making that factory one look wider than the made one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2254.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	584087   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2255.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	584088   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2256.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	584089  

Old 03-25-2022, 10:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

no one? this forum seems awful quiet lately!

anyways, came across a picture of a seat setup Scott T's selling in for sale section and saw his frame has a difference with welded extensions on the back of the frame where it mounts to the seat. these longer skirt brackets I have look like they want that style with that second bolt hole. but, no way that seat track assembly would mount on the 70 buckets I have. yet, clearly, his seat setup has A body mounting feet on it. Notice the pic of mine without that extension welded on that fits tight up to the recess in the bottom of the seat. no way I could mount his track in that seat without cutting that extension off, same as the fact I'd have to cut that longer skirt bracket to fit in there with the shorter seat track frame. so what gives here?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scottseat.jpg
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	587140   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2335.jpg
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	587141   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2339.jpg
Views:	50