Old 05-06-2022, 09:30 PM

Default hose clamp question

On a 1970 GTO, were there clamps on the brake vacuum line, the PCV hose and the TCS vacuum hose? If so, what did they look like? Photos would be great.
Thanks.

Old 05-09-2022, 03:45 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default My experience: only a clamp on the brake booster hose where it attaches to the carb.

I think it's that normal greenish-brown spring clamp, same as used on fuel lines.

Never seen a clamp on the PCV hose on either end.
No clamp on the booster end of the power brake booster hose.
No clamps at all on the TCS lines.

I bought my first 1970 Judge in 1978 and have been through about a dozen 1970 GTOs and Judges since then. Quite a few of those were under 50k miles with basically untouched engines.

I seriously regret not taking more engine detail pictures back-in-the-day.....

The only clamp I recall was on the brake booster hose where it attaches to the vacuum tree on the back of the quadrajet, and that was not 100% consistent. I always thought it was because there was an extremely slight chance that THAT end of the hose could possibly get pulled off the nipple if the engine rocked enough under acceleration or the motor mount broke.

There was not a clamp on the other end at the one-way vacuum fitting that pushes into the booster itself.

I've never seen ANY clamps on the smaller lines for the TCS solenoid and vacuum advance.

Old 05-09-2022, 06:47 AM

Thanks, perfect.