Old 05-03-2022, 09:45 PM

Default Question about interior colors

I have a 1968 Firebird convertible, Verdono green with gold deluxe interior. I am trying to figure out which interior parts were ivy gold. My grab handle over the glove box appears ivy gold and I am wondering if the original door pulls were ivy gold along with the plastic surrounds at the door handles. Maybe the mats? Anyone that can shed some light, appreciate it.

Old 05-15-2022, 05:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardp59 View Post
I have a 1968 Firebird convertible, Verdono green with gold deluxe interior. I am trying to figure out which interior parts were ivy gold. My grab handle over the glove box appears ivy gold and I am wondering if the original door pulls were ivy gold along with the plastic surrounds at the door handles. Maybe the mats? Anyone that can shed some light, appreciate it.
My 68 bird came equipped with the same interior. The door pulls and dash grab handle along with plastic inserts were all Ivy gold, while the dash pad was a darker green.

68 GTO Clone (Tempest) Wagon
Old 05-15-2022, 09:13 PM

Default Interior colors

Thanks for your reply. I bought some Ivy gold spray paint and painted one of the plastic inserts but honestly it didn’t look right in that color because the door panels are also that color. I may paint the plastic door handle inserts a little darker shade of green to match the dash and the kick panels just to give it some contrast.

Old 05-16-2022, 06:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

See my thread at:

https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...d.php?t=857978

The paint I ended up using was a 68 Firebird color ... Dark Ivy Gold Metallic ... it's a few shades darker than Ivy Gold.